The Liverpool Thread

So I might have been hasty on the above and the PL may have a point. ?

From a Twitter post-

The Premier League have allowed Liverpool to wear the FIFA Champions Badge for just one game.

**** right; they shouldn't get special treatment!

Everton wasn't allowed to wear their 'We won the transfer window!' badge at all in 2017.

Mad how out of this next block of games, Utd is the easiest of the bunch. Manchester. Not Sheffield.

Sign of just how far the former has fallen with the latter now a far bigger threat down to the absolutely awesome work Wilder has done. Still, the toughest game we've had all year at Bramall Lane back in September. Which is testament to the ridiculous season Sheffield United are having. And I wouldn't be surprised if this one is the hardest we'll have to work all year at Anfield too.

But throw in the very fact that is 50 and counting unbeaten in the league Anfield, under the lights, and this should ultimately end up a comfortable victory in the scoreline. Just ****** hard work getting to it.

2/3- 0 to the World's best as we start 2020 that's fixing to be even better, if that's at all possible, then the ridiculous, record-setting 2019 we've just said goodbye to.

Boss half-hour watch between two proper, humble gentlemen who also happen to be two proper, football all-time greats-

Apparently thats another record set. Most passes in the Premier League era in a game.

Apparently thats another record set. Most passes in the Premier League era in a game.
When they mentioned it we had like 3 or so min to go and I was desperately counting hoping we would get to 1000. Truly imperious this team is.

If they can get through January-February period where Klopp teams usually have a dip in form, I can see them going for Invincibles 2.0.

Shows you the importance of mentality and morale and people just having belief in themselves. It's like sometimes you see an underdog team that is completely hopeless and on the ropes for 60 minutes, then they score a lucky goal and suddenly they believe and start attacking with fury to score another.

If they can get through January-February period where Klopp teams usually have a dip in form, I can see them going for Invincibles 2.0.

Shows you the importance of mentality and morale and people just having belief in themselves. It's like sometimes you see an underdog team that is completely hopeless and on the ropes for 60 minutes, then they score a lucky goal and suddenly they believe and start attacking with fury to score another.

The biggest threat right now is personnel.

Currently, discounting goalies, we’re down to 13 experienced first-team outfield players. One of which, Minamino, has been here 4 days.

And Utd fans think they have a threadbare squad.

Last edited:
Klopp comments about the cup game clearly show he will rotate. On one hand I understand on the other hand Its against them and I dont want them to even have a sniff of a chance winning at Anfield in my lifetime.

Klopp comments about the cup game clearly show he will rotate. On one hand I understand on the other hand Its against them and I dont want them to even have a sniff of a chance winning at Anfield in my lifetime.

This one's fascinating to me as I have absolutely no incline what way we'll approach this personal wise. I mean we're down to the bare bones with only 13 healthy senior players as noted further up the page so options are limited in reality to begin with. Does he, if the sports science guys say they can go again, run a similar side out that played against Sheffield United? Does he mix and match like the League Cup and play a half experienced, half youth side? Does he only make 3 or 4 outfield changes, binging in Lallana and Origi off Thursday's bench, along with Minamino, plus one, maybe 2 kids? So many possible ways he can play this. I'm really intrigued as I wouldn't put money on any of those scenarios trying to second guess him.

I'd personally much rather go weak and lose at Tottenham a week Sat'day tea-time than do the same and lose to Everton. Which is still THE game of every season you want to win more than any other if you're from/ still live in the City. Along with the Ancelotti factor, and not losing the first one to him/ protecting the 20-year/ 22-game unbeaten home Derby record as you mentioned.

But all that said, I sure as heck wouldn't be questioning the manager if he put the U9's out Sunday avvy as no doubt the reactionary lunatics on social media would be doing. Aside from the period we're in, having played Thursday night on top of all the injuries, this is a man who brought home #6, made us the best side in the World, and will end a 30-year title drought come May.

I'd forgotten until I was reminded last night that they'll be 8,000 L'pool obsessed mongs infesting our ground Sunday as we do our bit for care in the community to give them a day out. That should be 'fun.'

Anyone who thinks this doesn't matter, regardless of personnel, is deluding themselves.

It's a Derby. In the FA Cup. With all the massive connotations that competition means to this City and football club.

It MATTERS!

Up the relentless Reds!

What a performance! Not one player would get lower than a 9/10 for me. Just hows how chronically underrated our youth squad is on FM. Every time we were on the ball, Everton had 10 men behind the ball. I was shocked how negative they were today.

Some of the key performances for me today:

Adrian - Our best player by far in the first half. The 3/4 saves were unbelievable. Did he even make a save in the second half?

Williams - His crossing was fantastic. Really like the look of him.

Gomez - Cracking performance, lead the young defenders with confidence.

Elliot - This guy is going to be so good. Literally ran like a madlad all game.

Jones - What a goal! I think thats one of the best goals I have seen all season.

And here I thought Everton might actually get a win over us? HA.

Last edited:
What a performance! Not one player would get lower than a 9/10 for me. Just hows how chronically underrated our youth squad is on FM. Every time we were on the ball, Everton had 10 men behind the ball. I was shocked how negative they were today.

Some of the key performances for me today:

Adrian - Our best player by far in the first half. The 3/4 saves were unbelievable. Did he even make a save in the second half?

Williams - His crossing was fantastic. Really like the look of him.

Gomez - Cracking performance, lead the young defenders with confidence.

Elliot - This guy is going to be so good. Literally ran like a madlad all game.

Jones - What a goal! I think thats one of the best goals I have seen all season.

And here I thought Everton might actually get a win over us? HA.
Wasted to many chances first half then completely bottled it the second. Fair play to the young lads

I would fine them a weeks wages and donate it to charity. That was atrocious from them how can you lack urgency in a derby especially against kids.
Yep. Completely should of been out of site first half tbh. Then folded like a chocolate fire guard in the second

*Sings 'Going down? Are we F! We're gonna' win the Cup! Going down? Are we F! We're gonna' win the Cup!'

That right yeah lads? You might want to start with putting together a best XI that can, yanno, even compete with L'pool's third-string before you get ahead of yourselves ay? Gotta' love the Blues. They NEVER learn. I'd personally give up on footy. It's just not the sport for you lads. Not to take anything away from these ridiculous Reds who were sensational, but that was cringe from Everton. Turn the lights out tonight Carlo lad and lay low. The honeymoon is WELL and truly over and your heads on the block! And may God watch out for those poor, poor Everton wife's and girlfriends when their fella's get home after that!

And while we're on the subject, ANY (so called. Which is a strong enough point to make given this clubs irrevocable connection to the FA Cup) Red that thought going in that the Cup didn't matter and we'd sack it off. As I'm sure there's a lot of lurkers who read here and don't post..... Give your collective, delusional heads a SERIOUS wobble! You've just had your answer out on the pitch in spades from a manager who gave Ancelotti a masterclass through the superb display of the experienced pro's alongside the immense youngsters. To Liverpool FC, the FA Cup still massively MATTERS! You might not agree with team selections. You might, fairly, want to prioritise it behind the League and CL. But for ANY Red to flippantly try say they aren't arsed and it doesn't matter ..... Man have you got a LOT to learn about the values of your football club and the people of this City it primarily serves. Go educate yourselves before the next round. And if that offends you, then good! It should!

Honestly, as a Scouser, to see our young lads decimate the Ev the way they did the second half ..... to see the desire and determination, ala the first team (which is the biggest testament of all to the manager by the way. That he has that running through every level of the football club) ..... to get out there and say 'Yer know lads? Yuse are dog **** and we're gonna' embarrass yers. AGAIN!' ...... To be topped off by a local lad that's on a Trent like trajectory to be a career lifer here, scoring a goal of such stupendous quality we can't even laugh at the little armed freak over it ...... It doesn't get ANY better than that! I honestly haven't been more proud of a team in Red than what those lads did today. To the Ev's best. In front of a watching Nation who must be sick to the back teeth us now ..... 'Even when they put the kids out they STILL take the P! this isn't funny any more! ;)'

Off to get back on the ale as I've typed too much for anyone on a moby. Let the party continue!

Back to the song ..... 'Going down? Are we F! (Got that right as we're safe already as we march imperiously on to #19) We're gonna' win the Cup! (Is right lads. We've won two. And we'll have two more to add to it along with the league come May.).

Up the Kindergarten Klopp Reds giving us the days of our lives!

Last edited: