The Liverpool Thread

Good? He has had one good game at best and has been average or below average for the rest of it. He is terrible off the ball and considering the amount of work required by our midfield you can't afford passengers. Wiji has been terrible but you never see him shirk responsibility and he is still harrying and pressing. I know we bought Naby for an extremely high fee but so far it hasn't worked out. It happens in football.

Love how you never single out Gini for his halfr asedness. Of which there's been a LOT since the league was won.

But sound, if you want to scapegoat Naby have at it.

#nabyisthenewclyne

Love how you never single out Gini for his halfr asedness. Of which there's been a LOT since the league was won.

But sound, if you want to scapegoat Naby have at it.

#nabyisthenewclyne
Oh come off it scouse. Clyne was garbage and was not the level we needed to get back to the top. I even said Wiji has been terrible but atleast you can trust him to be good in his positional play and work hard for the team. Just because I think and I'm not the only one that Keita strengths are not off the ball does not mean im singling him out. If you can't see how lazy he is off the ball at times then I dont know what to tell you. Our best starting midfield has Keita no where near it. There's a reason why in big game he is never trusted to play. Keita has his strengths but he also has his weaknesses. Thats my opinion and not scapegoating just because I disagree with you.

I hate to say this, but this one is on Klopp for me. I dont understand the insistence on the high line. We have been caught out time and time again in every game this season because of it. Its the type of tactic you almost need the fans to be that "12th player" to put enormous pressure on the players who do break through the trap. We have seen the stark difference in the defence since lockdown. Hopefully we can adapt and get back to that solid defence we had in the first half of last season.

Oh come off it scouse. Clyne was garbage and was not the level we needed to get back to the top. I even said Wiji has been terrible but atleast you can trust him to be good in his positional play and work hard for the team. Just because I think and I'm not the only one that Keita strengths are not off the ball does not mean im singling him out. If you can't see how lazy he is off the ball at times then I dont know what to tell you. Our best starting midfield has Keita no where near it. There's a reason why in big game he is never trusted to play. Keita has his strengths but he also has his weaknesses. Thats my opinion and not scapegoating just because I disagree with you.

Clyne was never as bad as you consistently scapegoated him out to be. And now it's Naby that's the constant fall back.

Keita hasn't started every game this year then? Strange that if he's not in our best XI. He's never4 been F fit until this season over a run of games to get rythum..But don't let that get int he way of a good rant.

He'll probably start the Derby and you can go at him all over again.

Well that was a fun evening. :ROFLMAO:

Shambolic from back to front. One of them when everyone is completely off it and Villa take advantage of everything. Fair F's to them.

Regroup the break and bounce straight back the Derby. Let the Ev enjoy the break. They know what's coming after it!

You've just got to laugh as we even struggled to complete a 5-yard pass. That literally could have been 10. Just one of those nights when absolutely everything went wrong (3 deflected goals was it? And the defo pen but that's VAR. Pointless narking about that.), and the whole XI were horrid.

Crazy funny mad night. Congratulations to Villa.

Yanno I'm REALLY missing not being at the match right now.

This will sound mad no doubt to folk that don't/ aren't able to go the game, but it would be a real laugh on the train home now with a good few cans. That’s what the numbskulls on SM don’t get. There’s nottin you can do after a game like tonight so you forget it and make the most of what’s left of your day. Some of the most memorable journeys home come out of bad games of football/ defeats.

You've just got to shrug your shoulders after a madness like tonight, laugh, and move straight past it.

It's just a game of football.

Rewatched an extended version of the game (yes I put myself throught that) it was evident how much we missed leadership. I love Virgil but he is too laid back to be a leader, let him command the backline but asking him to do more is too much. Adrian is a good keeper if you focus on his strengths, think we should pull back the defensive line as Alisson is one of the best at sweeping and Adrian is not comfortable coming off his line. The midfield all had off days so I wont get into it but its worrying that if either Milner or Hendo doesnt play they all look lost.

I finally got the time to watch the goals from A.Villa game and I really think Liverpool had so many "unlucky" moments that they are good for next half a year. They've conceded, what, 4 deflected goals and one horrible, horrible error by the GK.