The Liverpool Thread

I've just had a reminder on my timeline of this day 6 years ago .....

..... When I walked out of the Bernabeau before KO as soon as the teams came up on the video board and Brendan had proper insulted every last one us, to be back on the Rioja in our favourite Madrid winebar, 'Fatigas del Querer', down Sol before HT. (Impulsive Scouser. What can I tell yer? Shrugs.). A game we ultimately lost and a group we never even qualified from with such European GIANTS as Basle and Ludogorets proving too hard to overcome.

Fast forward 6 years and waking this morning still absolutely buzzing the day after another stunning L'pool victory in Europe from the English and World Champions.

Just puts it into stark perspective as to how far we've come over those 6 years from the absolute shambolic mess in 2014/15 to the best side in World football we're privileged to watch week in, week out now.

Up the F enduring Reds!

Last edited:
The Wolves manager today on Jota-

“We are very happy for Diogo,” said Nuno, who also worked with the 23-year-old for one season at Porto.

“He is enjoying his football, enjoying his momentum, he is doing amazing for Liverpool. I think Klopp is really happy with him.

For us, we worked together for four seasons and when a player goes and succeeds, it makes us happy.

In the case of Diogo it’s not a surprise. Diogo loves the game, he is committed, he lives for football, he plays and watches all the games.

I am really happy for Diogo and I hope he continues and enjoys it game by game. It’s a joy to see him smile."

Quality.

What a genuinely proper nice fella' Nuno is. And his beard game is something else haha.

Last day’s training today in West Derby before we move into the £50 million AXA Training Complex at the Academy up in Kirkby.

70-years is a long time man to call one place ‘home.’ With all the memories and all time football greats that have honed their skills within Melwood’s walls.

But progress should always be strived for and every age-group together in one state of the art facility is befitting for the English and World Champions to stay ahead of the curve.

Somewhat sad but equally exciting day in the continued evolution of L’pool FC under Fenway to the World leading behemoth we enjoy today.

1604763273395.jpeg

People will doubtless think this is mad just into November, but I truly believe a L’pool win today and that’s the league as good as retained. We aren’t blowing an 8 point lead on City and there’s just no fight in that team at all to chase us down all season long again.

Mad how City fans actually claim the last meeting as a competitive win and think they ‘taught us a lesson.’

Even madder how any L’pool ‘fan’ treats that game as anything other than what it was. A team in its flip-flops not in the slightest bit arsed about the result still partying the title away.

Today. This one IS a competitive, serious game of football between us again.

Let’s see who does their talking out there now it actually matters again aye?

Roll on half 4.

Up the top the League Reds!

Absolutely superb, enthralling half of the very highest level togger with the two best teams in the country going at it hammer and tongs.

Looked like we were gonna' run away with it the first half-hour but City came back into it well. Two stonewall peno's. Brilliant Jesus equaliser. KDB missing the target from 12-yards.

Hard to call right now but the same again for the next 45, please.

Absolutely superb, enthralling half of the very highest level togger with the two best teams in the country going at it hammer and tongs.

Looked like we were gonna' run away with it the first half-hour but City came back into it well. Two stonewall peno's. Brilliant Jesus equaliser. KDB missing the target from 12-yards.

Hard to call right now but the same again for the next 45, please.
Gomez was stonewall? according to the rules perhaps but as always the rules are daft. Just because its consistent doesn't make it right.

I will take the draw in the grand scheme of things as we keep City at bay.

Petered out the second half after a wonderful first but a fantastic result nonetheless.

Another great point toward #20

Up the F Reds!

No complaints at all from me. . He moves his arm out.
Well, agree to disagree. Natural running motion for me similar to the one given against Wolves earlier today. Funny enough there is footage of the VAR team supposedly arguing within themselves if it was a pen or not. It's a pen under the new rules but it defeats the spirit of the game for me and I don't want games decided over someone crossing a ball into a defender moving in motion arms.

People will doubtless think this is mad just into November, but I truly believe a L’pool win today and that’s the league as good as retained. We aren’t blowing an 8 point lead on City and there’s just no fight in that team at all to chase us down all season long again.

Mad how City fans actually claim the last meeting as a competitive win and think they ‘taught us a lesson.’

Even madder how any L’pool ‘fan’ treats that game as anything other than what it was. A team in its flip-flops not in the slightest bit arsed about the result still partying the title away.

Today. This one IS a competitive, serious game of football between us again.

Let’s see who does their talking out there now it actually matters again aye?

Roll on half 4.

Up the top the League Reds!
What's your opinion on spurs and co. Think this year might be different with no home crowd and other factors playing into it. If Spurs were not in Europe I think they would have a chance as they have some kind of depth this season.

What's your opinion on spurs and co. Think this year might be different with no home crowd and other factors playing into it. If Spurs were not in Europe I think they would have a chance as they have some kind of depth this season.

Very impressive the way they keep digging out results and finding a way to win the last three but I can't see it holding up over a season. **** of a run coming up immediately after the break. H. City/ A. Chelsea/ H. Arsenal/ A. Palace then they come to ours. We'll know how strong or not Tottenham's challenge is by the time of the Anfield game December 16.

Still looking no further than City personally.

Last edited: