The Liverpool Thread

I fancy Leicester over Spurs on upsetting the top two.

After last season's historic collapse I wouldn't fancy Leicester under Brendan to make the Europa League personally.

First game after the break they come to Anfield.

Exactly!

Very impressive the way they keep digging out results and finding a way to win the last three but I can't see it holding up over a season. **** of a run coming up immediately after the break. H. City/ A. Chelsea/ H. Arsenal/ A. Palace then they come to ours. We'll know how strong or not Tottenham's challenge is by the time of the Anfield game December 16.

Still looking no further than City personally.
Shows how impressive our start has been considering circumstances. With the congested fixture list we have had.

No complaints at all from me. . He moves his arm out.

Arms always flap around when you sprint, it's a natural movement pattern. Furthermore, if he holds arms behind his back, he's unbalanced and it's easier to dribble past him. You just can't win as a defender with a current rules.

Arms always flap around when you sprint, it's a natural movement pattern. Furthermore, if he holds arms behind his back, he's unbalanced and it's easier to dribble past him. You just can't win as a defender with a current rules.

The rules have always been the same on this. And always will be. Handball's handball. You'd have a valid point if it had been webbed at his hand from a yard or two away (THAT would be where you take into consideration that he can't get out of the way), but a cross coming into the area hits your arm, you run the risk. Nothings changed there. It's an infringement. A free-kick anywhere else on the field. A penalty in the area.

I'm honestly finding it utterly mad that there's even a debate going on all over. There's no grey area with something like this. It's 20 years or so since I played Saturday/ Sunday league football but as a RB as I was, if I'm finding myself in the same position and a cross hits my arm like that, my immediate thought is '****! I've cost us a penalty.'

You can argue whether you think it's harsh or not. But not the offence.

I've a list as long as both your arms of poor officiating/ VAR decisions in games L'pool have been involved in alone this season. But I have no issue at all personally here. It's a clear penalty and I'd feal the exact same way had De Bruyne scored and we'd lost the game.

@Scouseinthehouse
Off topic but how is the situation in Liverpool? Just listened news that eveyrone can have testing done do find hidden Covid, is it only for Liverpool currently as they pointed it out or all England?

@Scouseinthehouse
Off topic but how is the situation in Liverpool? Just listened news that eveyrone can have testing done do find hidden Covid, is it only for Liverpool currently as they pointed it out or all England?

The overall situation is pretty ****. But now that's Countrywide since they 'graciously' all joined us in lockdown.

The plan is to roll it out nationwide but we're (as always under the Tories) currently the test guinea pigs.

The infection rate is slowly coming down but there's a multitude of factors there and way too early to say if the mass testing is having an effect. Over 23K or so people had taken up the option to be tested by Sunday with nearly half the postal capacity utilised so that's promising. I had one on Monday and literally breezed in and out with a thankfully negative result back within the hour via text. And I'll take it up again next week. But how long people do, with the risk of showing up positive and then being asked to stay off work and SI when it's not financially viable for them to survive is another thing again.

Hopefully, the news on a vaccine coming in the coming months will prove correct and the best news any of us have had in our lifetimes.

If he has had surgery on his tendon then this is the club trying to spin this in a positive way. He is out for the rest of the season. Tendon damage that he needed surgery yeah that's a bad one.

If he has had surgery on his tendon then this is the club trying to spin this in a positive way. He is out for the rest of the season. Tendon damage that he needed surgery yeah that's a bad one.

I'd say it was the best possible news that it's isolated to that and he should make a full recovery with no issues. Utterly gutting for him like and his continued misfortune while on International duty. God speed in his rehab. Here's to JMG being back even stronger for the celebrations of #20 + 7.

So, OK, now we know where we stand for the interim whilst he's doing that .....

Fabulous and Matip as the main two. With competently viable veteran options of Henderson and maybe even Andy Robbo, given he's played a good few times at CH for the National side now and has noticeably been taking more command of the backline this year. With Nick the Greek more than capable of replacing him at LB. And then a slew of quality younger guys. (Rhys, Who just looks like he totally belongs at the very highest level/ Sepp. Who's come on leaps and bounds entering his second year and is one of the 23's top performers this season to date/ Even Nat's stepped up great when he was called upon. Billy the kid at a real deep push.).

Not how you'd ideally like to find yourselves but all things considered, we are exceptionally fortunate to be well arguably the best CH partnership in the PL down and still have so many other top-class options to play back there.

And when you throw in Thiago due back sooner rather than later protecting in front, and the Worlds best goalie behind, that's a superb security blanket for whoever is in the middle of the defence. Oh yeah, and then there's the ridiculous FB's we have outside them, top draw players like Gini and his compadres working their behinds off defensively in the middle of the park; and now no longer the best front 3 in World football, but FOUR of them to contend with and try keep out!

I personally doubt we add anything in January outside of maybe a short term loan if Matip goes down between now and then.

NO team in World football reacts to adversity like Jürgen's Reds. And very few have the depth and versatile options to compensate and find the internal solutions to natural football problems that Kloppo prides himself on.

Bring

It

ON!!!!!

Last edited:
I think having thiago back would be a plus and getting a settled midfield going. We play a controlling game and that should relieve some pressure off the defence. We will probably push for a CB option in January as Matip will not stay fit lets not kid ourselves. Fab and matip is a good enough partnership but the key for me is Alisson. He goes down again for another period im not confident, the guy is like an extra defender sweeper keeper extraordinare. The pressure he takes of the defence is immense and we saw it against City couple of times they tried to go long. Adrian is a good shot stopper but the difference between decent and the best of the best is that decisiveness.

Defo d. Alisson is the one player in our XI we can not afford to be out over an extended period.

Adriáns a #2 for a reason. We can mitigate the loss of any outfield player and compensate adequately given the versatile depth of quality throughout the squad. (van Dijk being a prime example. The narrative was we were done when he was lost right? An unbeaten 5 wins and 2 draws later ..... ).

Goalie is the one area we can't compensate for over a long period.

Watching this playoff final willing on Andy Robbo reminds you of just what a brilliant trip Belgrade was the other year.

One of my all time favourite Euro aways. From the night in Berlin through the couple in Belgrade, absolutely boss trip that with some great memories.

Get in!

It took a peno shoot-out to afford Andy Robbo the honour of being the first Scottish captain to lead his Country to a major tournament in 22 years since Colin Hendry lead them to the ‘98 WC in France. 11 major tournaments ago! Our LB was 4-years-of-age at the time!

Absolutely made up for him and his compadres. It’s been TOO long for the Scots.

And he gets to play England at Wembley the finals with Trent the other side. That be fun haha.

For someone with little to no interest normally in International football, I enjoyed that. By no means a great game. But fun to have a vested interest for once Internationally.