The Liverpool Thread

Both him and Gini were immense tonight.

No longer a kid filling in. He’s in there on merit.
It seriously amazes me how mature his game is for all the love Foden and co gets and he probably has more natural talent but he can't get anywhere near the maturity levels that Jones displays in his game. Picks the right passes, works hard the whole lot. Like you said no longer a young player filling in as Klopp said he is a first teamer now.

Not to rain on the parade but spurs technically had the more clear cut chances...

Liverpool did dominate more of the overall play. If Bergwin's effort went in, this would've been a different game.

Not to rain on the parade but spurs technically had the more clear cut chances...

Liverpool did dominate more of the overall play. If Bergwin's effort went in, this would've been a different game.
True. Thats what makes it all the sweeter that Jose was so close to the anti-football shithousery masterclass but failed.

It seriously amazes me how mature his game is for all the love Foden and co gets and he probably has more natural talent but he can't get anywhere near the maturity levels that Jones displays in his game. Picks the right passes, works hard the whole lot. Like you said no longer a young player filling in as Klopp said he is a first teamer now.

Swear down, he’s performing to a more mature, consistent level at 19 than Steven Gerrard was at 19. And I aren’t comparing him to Gerrard for one minute. But he’s been that assured and mature in his play. He’s more disciplined now than Steven ever was. He’s virtually making himself undroppable and has leapfrogged a whole host of senior vets.

I can’t pay him any higher, honest compliment than that.

Last edited:

The Naby and Taki show! Never been in doubt that these two have the perfect skill set for a Klopp side.

Now, health God willing, they can both start to show it!

One more big 90 Redmen and then we can rest up for a week over Chrimbo.

Just find a way to win again.

Up the pack leading Reds!

It’s what we do. Soz ..... It’s what CHAMPIONS do!

Another big 45 Reds and a very merry Chrimbo will be had by all.

So clinical stuff of champions really. Been impressed with Mino he works so **** hard he makes bobby look lazy lol.

Stunning. Absolutely STUNNING!

*Sings ‘****, on the Cockneys; **** on the Cockneys tonight ....’ ..... For the second time in 3 days. ?

Tremendous 3 points from an awesomely clinical, CHAMPIONS display, that leave the mighty Reds top of the charts at Christmas for the THIRD year running. ?? ? NOTHING less than we expect from not only the best L’pool team in our storied history. But one that stands comparison with ANY side in English football history.

One in the eye for the tired, reactionary, narking voices with both Naby and Taki THOROUGHLY playing their part in another ridiculously awesome team display. Taki superb and non-stop everywhere. Naby showing just what a unique, two-way talent he is when healthy with a very classy, all effort performance. Bobby back to his imperious best. Curtis with another 20 mins under his burgeoning belt. Oxo-Chambo getting 15 mins for the first time in 6 months. And back with an assist! Absolutely buzzing for him. You could go on and on ..... Hard to pick a man-of-the-match, but another stunning display from our leader who covered every blade of grass and polished off his performance with a sublime goal, just edges it for me. I never thought I’d see a more complete captain, in EVERY facet, of Liverpool FC than Graeme Souness. But Jordan Henderson is fast fixing to surpass even him when it’s all said and done. The absolute heartbeat of our football club and all we stand for.

11 point lead at the top over the only side I’m personally remotely concerned about. Over to City .....

*Sings ‘ ..... Come and adore them, they’re the KINGS of Europe; Oh come let us adore them, Oh come let us adore them, Oh come let us adore them, LIVERPOOL!’

Have a wonderfully Merry Christmas kids.

Crystal Palace’s all time record home defeat/ L’pool equalling their all time biggest away league win ..... This gang of Reds are a bit boss aren’t they?

Up the ‘catch us if you can’ Reds!

1608388145432.png

What a great game. Happy to see Bobby back in form, and so glad Taki got himself on the scoresheet.