The Liverpool Thread

Frustrating that these are still in the game (scoreline wise), after a half of utter domination. Just need the bounce of a ball here and there to get the second. Then 3 and 4 are liable to follow.

Interesting to see how long Albions legs last? They’ve done a heck of a lot of chasing the ball there.

Keep working hard Redmen. These will crack again.

Frustrating that these are still in the game (scoreline wise), after a half of utter domination. Just need the bounce of a ball here and there to get the second. Then 3 and 4 are liable to follow.

Interesting to see how long Albions legs last? They’ve done a heck of a lot of chasing the ball there.

Keep working hard Redmen. These will crack again.
welp we got fat samed. Naive from Jones just get rid but he will learn from it. 2 points dropped frustrating really.

Ack. Frustrating outcome but another valuable point toward #20. This time against the very definition of anti-football who tried his level best to drag us down to his level into his gravy stained shitfest. Which worked second half.

Positives-

6 point lead at the top over City.

Oxo-Chambo got more minutes in his legs and Ryys has another valuable half hour under his belt in his continuing education.

67 unbeaten and counting at fortress Anfield in the league.

Not too many stand-outs in a second half where we were well off it but a special shout out to Curtis Jones.I’ll caveat this by saying I obviously aren’t comparing the calibre of players at this point, but Curtis continually shows more discipline in his role at 19 than Steven Gerrard did at any point in his career. So mature and assured. He’ll learn from the goal but that doesn't detract from an overall good game.

Hopefully Matip isn’t serious.

Frustrating day at the iffice but far from a disaster.

Up the ‘Pool. Mighty Reds.

Ack. Frustrating outcome but another valuable point toward #20. This time against the very definition of anti-football who tried his level best to drag us down to his level into his gravy stained shitfest. Which worked second half.

Positives-

6 point lead at the top over City.
City do have the game in hand. Win that and they're only 3

City do have the game in hand. Win that and they're only 3

Uh huh. Rather have the points than the GIH but hey, be more than happy being a game clear with the GD. Whichever team keeps in front of the other wins this league.

And then by the time that ever gets played I’d envisage the gap will be far more than 6.

Proper mad seeng press/ fan reaction when L’pool don’t play great and fail to wn a game of football.

We really are a victim of our own ridiculous success over the last few years. We’ve lost one league game all year. And lets be honest, that was just one of those mad anomalies that happens to every side at some point.

So 1 defeat. Top of the league. English and World Champions ..... And the moment you don’t win, not lose, just don’t win, a game of football (to continue a phenomenal 67 game unbeaten home streak in the league BTW) its meltdown time from many. Happened after Fulham. Same again now after Albion.

Utterly nuts and simply a victim of our own ridiculously high, ridiculously abnormal, standards over the last few years that when you’re having a ‘normal’ title leading season, its still not good enough.

One of those days. Clinical last week. Not so much this week. Poor second half but no terminal damage.

Take the valuable point and move on and wallop the Geordies.

Edit.Seems like fan account, lets wait for legit source on Matip injury.

The 6-8 week adductor rumour?

Yeah, wait for the ‘official’’ line first but I’ll say I’ll be surprised, even if Matip is out for a good spell, if they buy a CH n January outside of ‘maybe’ a loan or if they can find a short contract Klaven-esq vet.

Really surprised personally.

Last edited:
The 6-8 week adductor rumour?

Yeah, wait for the ‘official’’ line first but I’ll say I’ll be surprised, even if Matip is out for a good spell, if they buy a CH n January outside of ‘maybe’ a loan or if they can find a short contract Klaven-esq vet.

Really surprised personally.
I'd take an experienced head aka milner style if not now then in the summer. Here me out but how about Evans who's contract is up in the summer. Excellent player and someone who can come in and do a job for a year or so.

I'd take an experienced head aka milner style if not now then in the summer. Here me out but how about Evans who's contract is up in the summer. Excellent player and someone who can come in and do a job for a year or so.

Johnny Evans? Is he that much different stylistically than Nat who more than likely won’t be here next season? (Related- I’d start him tonight against Newcastles groks and Rhys Monday against Southamptons quicker, footballing style. Horses for courses and all that.).

I’d hope in the summer we completely jig around the CH group mate with long term targets. Matip surely has to depart? Top drawer when he plays. But hat doesn’t mean much of anything when he's hardly ever available. And then you’ve the issues with big Virg and JMG who are going to take time to get back to previous levels even when they’re back.

I can see them adding a couple with Fabinho playing back there for a good whiles yet.

Johnny Evans? Is he that much different stylistically than Nat who more than likely won’t be here next season? (Related- I’d start him tonight against Newcastles groks and Rhys Monday against Southamptons quicker, footballing style. Horses for courses and all that.).

I’d hope in the summer we completely jig around the CH group mate with long term targets. Matip surely has to depart? Top drawer when he plays. But hat doesn’t mean much of anything when he's hardly ever available. And then you’ve the issues with big Virg and JMG who are going to take time to get back to previous levels even when they’re back.

I can see them adding a couple with Fabinho playing back there for a good whiles yet.
Its not the lack of pace its just an experienced head who can be relied upon to actually be a good defender and plug gaps e.g Milner like without a drop off in performance. It will save money as like you said you you don't know how long it will take JMG and Virg to get back to their insane levels. Otherwise its go big with the likes of Upemecano etc... in the summer.

Last edited:
Interesting half that was tougher than expected.

Sleep walked through the first half hour. Came alive the last 15 with a couple of belter saves from their goalie. Confidence and chances growing the last quarter of an hour. Get 1 Reds you’ll get three/ four. Strong bench to fall back on if need be.

You can never complain 0-0 at the half away from home but that needs to go up in numbers by full time.

Keep working hard Reds. Good signs the end there.

Can't even say we didnt create anything we clearly did. Front three have been turgid for the past two games and today should've finished the chances. Thiago back is a bonus and a half as he is essentially an upgraded Gini (Not a slight on Gini).

Well now heck. Thar was SO frustrating but its hard to really nark at them as they played relatively sound over all and created at least 6 excellent chances. Just a combination of outstanding goalkeeping, great luck for Newcastle with the bounce of the ball, excellent defending and some profligate finishing.

Frustrating end to an outstanding 2020 that still leaves us at least a point clear if City win their games in hand. Which to know they can’t catch us on games is ALL that counts and a great boost for the second half of the season.

Onto Southampton.

Up the ‘Pool. Mighty Reds.

Matip out 3 weeks with the adducter.

Great relief that. With Matip, you always fear the absolute worst.

God speed mate.

I hate to quote Michael Owen, but his tweet last night was bang on-

I don’t think a lot of gobshites currently cry arsing over two draws appreciate just what a massive difference he’ll make to all facets of our side the second half of the season and just what a massive miss he’s been to date.