The Liverpool Thread

I know but he just can't defend. Feels like someone they stuck back there because he is tall a d comfortable on the ball but has zero defensive awareness. If he had recovery pace I'd understand but he is terribly slow. Still has age on his side but he lacks the defensive basics so far.

How about Milner offer gim some protection?

Sorry mate, you're getting caught up in the moment and being reactionary here. Rhys is sound defensively.

But regardless. We’re WELL in this. Keep it going Redmen! These are utter *****!

How about Milner offer gim some protection?

Sorry mate, you're getting caught up in the moment and being reactionary here. Rhys is sound defensively.

But regardless. We’re WELL in this. Keep it going Redmen! These are utter *****!
Ergh until the ref decides he wants to be a hero. Never a foul but it is what it is.

Ergh until the ref decides he wants to be a hero. Never a foul but it is what it is.

Should NEVER have lost that mate. MUCH the better side. But it wouldn’t be a Utd game without a ‘questionable’ ref decision to benefit them.

At least that went a LONG way to being back to our normal selves. Beat we’ve plyed in weeks.

Build on this at Tottenham Thursday now.

Frustrated far more than disappointed.

Played well but defensive mistakes and an over eager ref cost us. Never nice to lose to utd but they were clinical and you have to give them credit. Let's just hope Matip can stay fit because im tired of the midfield being weakened to play Hendo etc at the back.

Played well but defensive mistakes and an over eager ref cost us. Never nice to lose to utd but they were clinical and you have to give them credit. Let's just hope Matip can stay fit because im tired of the midfield being weakened to play Hendo etc at the back.
Are you seriously trying to blame the ref?

Christ lol

Poor from Pool to not take anything from Burnley in the last 3 matches 🤣
**** you made me chuckle but wrap up Bruno the guy is a star. The mentality he shows is what separates him. The guy can be having the worst game but he will never hide and thats what make him world-class. That mentality is hard to come by.

**** you made me chuckle but wrap up Bruno the guy is a star. The mentality he shows is what separates him. The guy can be having the worst game but he will never hide and thats what make him world-class. That mentality is hard to come by.
Was only in jest lol. Pool still the best team in the league for me just going through a bad patch. Squad looks stale to me. Fabinho should know better to try winning the ball from behind Cavani his knee defo made contact as he tried to win the ball. Might have been only slight but that’s enough for refs especially from behind coming through the player.

Was only in jest lol. Pool still the best team in the league for me just going through a bad patch. Squad looks stale to me. Fabinho should know better to try winning the ball from behind Cavani his knee defo made contact as he tried to win the ball. Might have been only slight but that’s enough for refs especially from behind coming through the player.
Fabinho for me is the best in the world at what he does. Its not the squad is stale it's you move players out of position you end up weakening two positions. Fullbacks bombing up is a no show anymore as the defence needs to be protected and we look predicable. You don't have Hendo covering the whole right hand side because we have to play both him and Fab in defence. Its a nightmare. Today we played well enough to win. You score two goals at Old Trafford you clearly done something right. I know Scouse says Rhys is 19 but right now he isn't ready and personally from what I've seen if he is struggling with the basics already then Klopp needs to protect him and take him out of the side. It's the harsh nature of top level football.

Fabinho for me is the best in the world at what he does. Its not the squad is stale it's you move players out of position you end up weakening two positions. Fullbacks bombing up is a no show anymore as the defence needs to be protected and we look predicable. You don't have Hendo covering the whole right hand side because we have to play both him and Fab in defence. Its a nightmare. Today we played well enough to win. You score two goals at Old Trafford you clearly done something right. I know Scouse says Rhys is 19 but right now he isn't ready and personally from what I've seen if he is struggling with the basics already then Klopp needs to protect him and take him out of the side. It's the harsh nature of top level football.
Just don’t think the depth is there. You can pick your 11 nearly every week. And as a few Dortmund fans pointed out. It’s going easily similar to his time ending there. 2/3 years of really high quality and good league standings while not really strengthening then the squad starts to burn out.

Just don’t think the depth is there. You can pick your 11 nearly every week. And as a few Dortmund fans pointed out. It’s going easily similar to his time ending there. 2/3 years of really high quality and good league standings while not really strengthening then the squad starts to burn out.
Depth is there but I don't think you can compare to Dortmund. Completely different way he plays to then. Just an insane injury list imo. You cant plan for both your cb partners being out injured for whole seasons.

Depth is there but I don't think you can compare to Dortmund. Completely different way he plays to then. Just an insane injury list imo. You cant plan for both your cb partners being out injured for whole seasons.
Even then without your CBs. Your looking at Origi, Williams, Phillips, Shaqiri, Jones, Tsimikas and aging Milner. First 11 absolute World class except a few. But you get any injuries for any length of time your relying on ok players or very good youngsters that are not ready yet.

Look at our bench for instant. Henderson, Telles, VdB, Cavani, Matic, Bailly, Greenwood, Mata even though he’s getting on a bit. Then even after those we have players that are good enough to use in cup comps.

*Looks in .....

Our squad depth is in question now? After a history re-write on Munich raping that Dortmund squad.

*Dips back out shaking my head.

Ok. After City last night, we know nottin short of a win will do tomorrow to keep them nicely within reach.

And with Henderson and Matip scheduled to return, on top of the massive upturn in looking a long way back to ourselves in dominating Utd with a half-strength side Sunday; I wouldn't bet against the winless run ending on Thursday night at all.

Ok. After City last night, we know nottin short of a win will do tomorrow to keep them nicely within reach.

And with Henderson and Matip scheduled to return, on top of the massive upturn in looking a long way back to ourselves in dominating Utd with a half-strength side Sunday; I wouldn't bet against the winless run ending on Thursday night at all.

Lmao. You dominated how exactly? Football fans really equate more possession to dominating.

Not to mention you were a couple players from playing a full strength side (Mane got subbed on later). Don't kid yourself mate

Possession might mean domination but you get nothing in this game for dominating unless you put the ball in the net more than the opposition.

Lmao. You dominated how exactly? Football fans really equate more possession to dominating.

Not to mention you were a couple players from playing a full strength side (Mane got subbed on later). Don't kid yourself mate

I wasn’t kidding myself.

A defensive lapse you can’t legislate for and poor goalkeeping doesn’t detract from Utd scrawning a game you never should have won. (Won’t even touch the very questionable free-kick award.). You won the game and fair play for that. Thats all that ultimately matters. But you’re the one deluding yourself mate if you think you had the better of it.

Both main CH’s missing. With no recognised senior CH available. The two main CM’s missing. One in part down to the CH situation. Totally unbalancing the side. Sadio not playing. With key impact players to bring on unavailable. We had nottin like the strength available Sunday Utd had.