The Liverpool Thread

Has the feel of a proper big, season defining game after that marked upturn in performance Sunday tea-time.

I personally feel if we follow that up and win this, we go on to retain the league. We don’t, then City have a clear run home.

3-0 the Champions

Straight into this shower of soft Southern shandy drinking whoppers Redmen!

3 points down. 54 to go.

Sunday, the Champions got their identity back.

Tonight, they got their hunger and mojo back!

Magic stuff Redmen. Not quite the predicted pre-match 3-0. But that was a PROPER doing and about as comprehensive as it gets.

Up the ‘Out the title race? Are we yeah?’ Reds!

You couldn't pay me to watch Mourinho ball. Shoutout Nat Philipps he can't pass water but he is a defender who can defend and that's what we need at the moment. Now onto WestHam which will be even tougher than tonight for sure.

Jurgen Klopp about signing a new centre back: “You can imagine that we think about everything. It's about doing the right thing. We need to find the right player”. Work in progress after Matip injury.

🔴

#LFC @JamesPearceLFC

You couldn't pay me to watch Mourinho ball. Shoutout Nat Philipps he can't pass water but he is a defender who can defend and that's what we need at the moment. Now onto WestHam which will be even tougher than tonight for sure.

Spurs had an xG of 0.10 yesterday which is ridiculously poor. Mourinho ball is essentially the cattenaccio.

It got worse as Kane went off. I think spurs are screwed at this point. Kane was virtually their attack and without him, I don't see them cracking top 4 come the end of the season tbh

Spurs had an xG of 0.10 yesterday which is ridiculously poor. Mourinho ball is essentially the cattenaccio.

It got worse as Kane went off. I think spurs are screwed at this point. Kane was virtually their attack and without him, I don't see them cracking top 4 come the end of the season tbh
No chance Spurs are making top 4. I don’t think they would even with Kane.

I do wish Klopp was cheeky enough to ask Mourinho "did the best team lose today?" when they shook hands at full-time

I take it you missed Mourinho yet again claiming that and they dominated the game. Just individual errors that cost them apparently.

Not sure what game he watched but that was as comprehensive a 3-1 licking as you can get. Which would have been 4 if either Jon Moss or Martin Atkinson had any understanding of the handball rules and hadn’t bizarely chalked off this belter from Mo-

I take it you missed Mourinho yet again claiming that and they dominated the game. Just individual errors that cost them apparently.

Not sure what game he watched but that was as comprehensive a 3-1 licking as you can get. Which would have been 4 if either Jon Moss or Martin Atkinson had any understanding of the handball rules and hadn’t bizarely chalked off this belter from Mo-

So 2 of your three goals were school boy errors from spurs tbh but from the balance of play, Liverpool dominated most of that match.

You and I tend to disagree on what "dominating a football match" is but it wasn't as close as 3-1 lol.

I never realised it was THAT high. WOW!

Absolutely phenomenal job from all concerned for us to still be deeply involved n a title race and looking at a straight knock-out tie in the European Cup.

Wasn’t the narative last year City only fell away down to Laporte’s injury? ONE player.

But 11 different CH combinations already? Looking at our 12th through 21 PL games Sunday. The single most important partnership on this or any other team .....

PHENOMENAL coaching job by Klopp and his staff with massive props to the ‘Mentality Monsters’ they’ve assembled and crested.

Always a solution. That is, and always has been, football.

I never realised it was THAT high. WOW!

Absolutely phenomenal job from all concerned for us to still be deeply involved n a title race and looking at a straight knock-out tie in the European Cup.

Wasn’t the narative last year City only fell away down to Laporte’s injury? ONE player.

But 11 different CH combinations already? Looking at our 12th through 21 PL games Sunday. The single most important partnership on this or any other team .....

PHENOMENAL coaching job by Klopp and his staff with massive props to the ‘Mentality Monsters’ they’ve assembled and crested.

Always a solution. That is, and always has been, football.

BuT LIVeRPooL NeEd To SIgn A nEW DefEnDEr To WiN ThE LeaGUE AgaIN!

Ive been saying this for ages, we dont need a new CB. Honestly the idiots on Social Media thinking that we need one is hilarious

BuT LIVeRPooL NeEd To SIgn A nEW DefEnDEr To WiN ThE LeaGUE AgaIN!

Ive been saying this for ages, we dont need a new CB. Honestly the idiots on Social Media thinking that we need one is hilarious

A double 👍🏻👍🏻as the initial emoji made me LOL.

6 points down. 51 to go.

You wait all year for a win and 2 come along in 4 days!

I was gone at the hilarious exchange between Milner and Kloppo.

But then Mo’s second happened ....... A goal of the most stupendous counter-attacking quality you will EVER see. Finished in such sublime nonchalance by a man who has now become the first Red since a certain Ian Rush Esq. to bag 20 plus in 4 consecutive seasons. One-season, lazy, greedy btard that he is .....

(And the first and third weren’t half bad either.).

Shout out to big Nat who was flawlessly combative again.

The Champions. TOTALLY back to doing what we do!

Up the ‘Struggling for top 4 right?’ Reds!

I correct myself who gave Nat Phillips Virgil's boots? He was stepping into midfield like it was nothing and gave Antonio no room to bulldoze. Glad Klopp has seen sense to start a natural defender who can defend first and foremost.

Full article:

You will be getting very good player in him. Liked him a lot in Championship, really wanted him to come Leeds but selling to team for fighting promotion in the same league was just too much money for us and White loan worked out for us as well. But would be sure our CB issues would be better if he was bought. Getting for amazing price as his contract is up. You will get composed defender who has very good pass in his feet + left footed. Maybe lacking on the physical side but he managed to hussel in Championship, so think he will do fine and be very good defender who can be relied on when injuries and rotation is needed.