The Liverpool Thread

I wasn’t kidding myself.

A defensive lapse you can’t legislate for and poor goalkeeping doesn’t detract from Utd scrawning a game you never should have won. (Won’t even touch the very questionable free-kick award.). You won the game and fair play for that. Thats all that ultimately matters. But you’re the one deluding yourself mate if you think you had the better of it.

Both main CH’s missing. With no recognised senior CH available. The two main CM’s missing. One in part down to the CH situation. Totally unbalancing the side. Sadio not playing. With key impact players to bring on unavailable. We had nottin like the strength available Sunday Utd had.

Never said we had the better of that but saying X team dominated us a bit myopic.

With that said, let's all act like Rhys Williams have never featured in a single league game this season as well as Fabinho in CB. This isn't the first time they've paired up together. They way you allude to "half strength", it's as if Klopp gave debuts to 5 players from your academy setup

Just like that, I could make arguments about united being "half strength" as well. Ya know, since out best player only featured off the bench along with Henderson (got megged for the 2nd goal) Mctominay and VdB.

Who is the second main CM? Henderson is first but I hope you dont mean Keita?

Injuries happen and it is ****** situation to be in this when your WC defender is out for season. But we cant push the button for this all season long. This is why Januar tw exist and can be used loans. There has been basically 0 rumours doing any activity by Klopp to just bolster his team a bit. With this hefty scheduling there should have done some moves. Definitely good options are not available or cost an arm + few fingers. But even some mediocre option could bring more balance to the team. Talk with some previous club defender like Klavan(does not play much) or Lovren( think russian league is on stop right now) or anybody else for stop gate.

Just looking at previous PL season minutes played. Even though VVD is a tank, it shows injuries are problem and it was problem that might come when running out of luck.

VVD: 3420
Matip: 1535
Gomez: 1999

Never said we had the better of that but saying X team dominated us a bit myopic.

With that said, let's all act like Rhys Williams have never featured in a single league game this season as well as Fabinho in CB. This isn't the first time they've paired up together. They way you allude to "half strength", it's as if Klopp gave debuts to 5 players from your academy setup

Just like that, I could make arguments about united being "half strength" as well. Ya know, since out best player only featured off the bench along with Henderson (got megged for the 2nd goal) Mctominay and VdB.

You could but you’d get laughed out of town if you did.

There is absolutely ZERO comparison in the respective strength available Sunday. Thats been our reality most all season. Major i juries unbalancing the whole side. And is the major contributing factor why we are within grasp of you and not iver the hill and far away.

But if it helps with the current fun at our expense to think it didn’t have us at a disadvantage Sunday then have at it.

I aren’t going to spoil that. That goes with the territory and banter/ mocking currently is aound.

But lets not paint a completely different picture to Sunday or frame it any different than what it was.

All the best the next round.

Last edited:
Who is the second main CM? Henderson is first but I hope you dont mean Keita .....

Fabinho.

I thought that was self explanatory when I wrote ‘one in part down to the CH aituation?’ 🤷🏼‍♂️

As superb as he's been at CH, his loss doing what he does better than anyone in midfield has unbalanced the whole side and effected much of what we do.

Fabinho.

I thought that was self explanatory when I wrote ‘one in part down to the CH aituation?’ 🤷🏼‍♂️

As superb as he's been at CH, his loss doing what he does better than anyone in midfield has unbalanced the whole side and effected much of what we do.
Ahh sorry, miss reading during work :D But it is Klopps back up plan as he have not made other moves to bolster his defender issues.

Now as Thiago is back hope some stability to midfield will come. Thiago, Winny and Hendo midfield should be good.

Ahh sorry, miss reading during work :D But it is Klopps back up plan as he have not made other moves to bolster his defender issues.

Now as Thiago is back hope some stability to midfield will come. Thiago, Winny and Hendo midfield should be good.

No worries. Glad you’re still working over there. I, along with many millions of others in this God forsaken Country, currently aren’t afforded that right.

Easier said than done signing someone in January. Not least in a COVID market where next to nobody is buying. . We rightly don’t do ‘stop gap’ signings so if the right loan/ freebie isn’t there, we’re stuck.

I’ve no doubt we have long term targets that are far more gettable in the summer. Given we always work 2/3 windows ahead on our transfers. Hence why we didn’t add this summer. (VVD, Gomez, Matip and Fabinho in an emergency, backed by kids in the Cups, would have been more than adequate for a season. But you can’t legislate for the unprecedented circumstances of losing the top 2 for the season and the third for the majority of it.). But getting them in January is another thing again.

I don’t doubt its not been for the lack of trying to add. But theres still another week to go so something may happen yet.

You could but you’d get laughed out of town if you did.

There is absolutely ZERO comparison in the respective strength available Sunday. Thats been our reality most all season. Major i juries unbalancing the whole side. And is the major contributing factor why we are within grasp of you and not iver the hill and far away.

But if it helps with the current fun at our expense to think it didn’t have us at a disadvantage Sunday then have at it.

I aren’t going to spoil that. That goes with the territory and banter/ mocking currently is aound.

But lets not paint a completely different picture to Sunday or frame it any different than what it was.

All the best the next round.

Mate, I'm not trying to throw banter or anything. I understand very well that without a VVD, there's no one to cover for TAA's runs forward. Rashford pretty much exposed that on Sunday.

I wasn't even baited by the whole "we dominated" stance but it's this "half strength" talk. You're missing a couple center backs however, you've been dealing with this for months now. To simply dismiss the loss as fielding a half strength side is a bit disrespectful to the lads outside your center back pairings.

All the best for the spurs match.

Also realized something funny. Arsenal are only 4 points behind Liverpool...when did that happen?

Mate, I'm not trying to throw banter or anything. I understand very well that without a VVD, there's no one to cover for TAA's runs forward. Rashford pretty much exposed that on Sunday.

I wasn't even baited by the whole "we dominated" stance but it's this "half strength" talk. You're missing a couple center backs however, you've been dealing with this for months now. To simply dismiss the loss as fielding a half strength side is a bit disrespectful to the lads outside your center back pairings.

All the best for the spurs match.

How in the World does applauding a half-strength side dominating a game they should have won Sunday, and in so doing returning to our identity foe the first time through the last 4/5 games, equate to being disrespectful to them?

How in the World does applauding a half-strength side dominating a game they should have won Sunday, and in so doing returning to our identity foe the first time through the last 4/5 games, equate to being disrespectful to them?
Because there were 9 first XI players that started that match....sure, the system is majorly handicapped without VVD however, you can't possibly call out the side you fielded "half strength".

Because there were 9 first XI players that started that match....sure, the system is majorly handicapped without VVD however, you can't possibly call out the side you fielded "half strength".

What are you missing here? Lets go through this again

Sunday, as has been the case most of the sarson, L’pool were without every senior CH/ the main 2 midfielders/ Mane. From what you’d consider the strongest XI. Before you even get to the depth unavailable to change things off the bench.

The whole balance of the side disrupted and it severely limits our normal style of play.

Its what made Utds ultra defensive Burnley approach at Anfield so mad the previous Sunday. Such a weakened side, and a bang out of form one at that, was there for the taking.

Last edited:
What are you missing here? Lets go through this again

Sunday, as has been the case most of the sarson, L’pool were without every senior CH/ the main 2 midfielders/ Mane. From what you’d consider the strongest XI. Before you even get to the depth unavailable to change things off the bench.

The whole balance of the side disrupted and it severely limits our normal style of play.

Its what made Utds ultra defensive Burnley approach at Anfield so mad the previous Sunday. Such a weakened side, and a bang out of form one at that, was there for the taking.

And I did complain about this especially when I say Henderson starting at CB. Wasn't expected a leeds approach in the attacking sense but we still should've exploited that pairing better at Anfield with more ambition in the final third.

We did so at OT tho but I would've liked if we replicated it at Anfield.

Likewise. But we weren’t playing against a nake-shift defence/ midfield so yanno’.
You didn’t create the chances we did that should of been simple goals. 2 easy cut backs/slide balls from Greenwood to Cavani and Rashford. Then roles reversed from Rashford to Cavani. 3 free headers missed from about 6/8 yards out from Pogba, Maguire, Cavani.

You didn’t create the chances we did that should of been simple goals. 2 easy cut backs/slide balls from Greenwood to Cavani and Rashford. Then roles reversed from Rashford to Cavani. 3 free headers missed from about 6/8 yards out from Pogba, Maguire, Cavani.

Mate, skit us all you like. Thats banter. i won’t stand in your way. We’re in a dip. You’re taking advantage. Its a fan privilege to skit the rivals in that circumstance. No issue with that.

But cut the utter wham on the actual game aye? Yeah, Trent, Mo on more than one occasion shouldn’t have scored. No clear chances there: 🤦‍♂️ And thats just off the top of my head.

Go chat that nonsense to someone who will indulge you.

Mate, skit us all you like. Thats banter. i won’t stand in your way. We’re in a dip. You’re taking advantage. Its a fan privilege to skit the rivals in that circumstance. No issue with that.

But cut the utter wham on the actual game aye? Yeah, Trent, Mo on more than one occasion shouldn’t have scored. No clear chances there: 🤦‍♂️ And thats just off the top of my head.

Go chat that nonsense to someone who will indulge you.
They were clear chances but the keeper saved them doing his job. We wasted our chances because we was greedy when other players had simple chances to convert and 50p shaped heads that night. Milners was the only shocking miss tbh, still don’t know how he put that over!

No worries. Glad you’re still working over there. I, along with many millions of others in this God forsaken Country, currently aren’t afforded that right.

Sad to hear. I think working in IT helps. Have no issue doing things from home. But so many other industries are getting hit hard. Cant even imagine right now what Covid + Brexit are doing to your country.

Sad to hear. I think working in IT helps. Have no issue doing things from home. But so many other industries are getting hit hard. Cant even imagine right now what Covid + Brexit are doing to your country.

Ta mate. Appreciated. 🍻