The Liverpool Thread

Klopp has done a pep, why overthink the midfield options. Thiago should never have been dropped.

Edit: Should have hooked off Wiji too. Is Keita even fit, I don't think he pressed the ball once. Letting Modric and Kroos just dictate the game is suicide.

Last edited:
Two world class assists so far, by Kroos and AAT.
Also I wish Felix Brych would move to Premier League to referee every game.

Mane looks like he's dying to get sent off.
Took in-play odds of 7-1. Worth a tenner.

Not sure how we got out of that still in the tie?

Absolutely shocking from back to front. Particularly the right hand side of Trent and Nat which Madrid constantly exploited. I presume Naby was hooked for not protecting them but the whole midfield was non-existent.

But get out of it we did with a fighters chance next Wednesday. Thats the beauty of two-legged European football with away goals.

***** night but a LONG way to go in this tie.

Arriba los Rojas.

Poor football *** watching Kroos and Modric tonight. Absolutely giving your guys the run around. Should of been 5 if Asensio wasn’t as inconsistent as Nani. Dominant Madrid!

Klopp has done a pep, why overthink the midfield options. Thiago should never have been dropped.

Edit: Should have hooked off Wiji too. Is Keita even fit, I don't think he pressed the ball once. Letting Modric and Kroos just dictate the game is suicide.
Looked much better with Thiago on the pitch, I don't care if he gets a yellow at least he hassles the opponents. I thought Trent showed good mental strength and had a much better second half. Nat also had a good game all things considered. Keita is probably Klopps biggest blotch signing-wise.

Edit: Mane worse game for us, he looks like a shell of the player he was last season.

Looked much better with Thiago on the pitch, I don't care if he gets a yellow at least he hassles the opponents. I thought Trent showed good mental strength and had a much better second half. Nat also had a good game all things considered. Keita is probably Klopps biggest blotch signing-wise.
Great assist by TAA tbh first half 😋 Rodrigo proper had his pants down tonight.

Not one part of that I agree with mate.

In keeping with the night.

Not one part of that I agree with mate.

In keeping with the night.
Im confused are you not watching the same game? The last player Klopp hooked off before halftime was Lovrens disaster class against spurs two years back or so. You could argue Keita was not fit but then again why would Klopp start him in such an important game then? Nat played as well as you would expect him to play and didn't make any unforced errors (the goal was on Ali who should've saved it). Trent also had a much better second half after the disaster class he pulled in the first.

Edit: Wanted to add before you accuse me of picking on Keita, Gini was just as bad and is never a captain and it showed tonight.

Im confused are you not watching the same game? The last player Klopp hooked off before halftime was Lovrens disaster class against spurs two years back or so. You could argue Keita was not fit but then again why would Klopp start him in such an important game then? Nat played as well as you would expect him to play and didn't make any unforced errors (the goal was on Ali who should've saved it). Trent also had a much better second half after the disaster class he pulled in the first.

Edit: Wanted to add before you accuse me of picking on Keita, Gini was just as bad and is never a captain and it showed tonight.

If you want to scapegoat anyone after such a shocking night as that, along with trying to contest Nat (who was exposed massively first half and had Kabak bailing him iut on more than one occasion) or anyone else had a decent game, then I’m confused as to what games we are watching too mate?

No doubt he’d have hooked all XI in that first half if he could have. Signalling out the player who came in from the cold just because he was the one is ridiculous to me but each to their own.

We were abysmal from one to eleven.

But we’re only at half-way with something to cling to thankfully.