The Liverpool Thread

so will we see big vvd this season or are thay saving him for next season?

so will we see big vvd this season or are thay saving him for next season?
No way he is returning this season with his injury. I know the national team is pining for him to be back, I don't know how that will work considering he isn't even in light training or even consistent work with the ball.

I think that was one of our best games this season. Fabinho imo is the best in his position in the world.

Related-

Just how boss has Thiago looked since his return?

Uncanny aye how Fabulous back in there balancing the whole side allows Thiago to do what he was bought for. And not the donkey work he was asked to do to compensate for no Fabinho/ Henderson which completely took away from his game.

Also wanted to add did you see our lord and savior Nat Phillips marauding up the field and putting in a cross from the right-wing position. POTM and now he is out for blood and backup right-winger. I ******* love him.

At the risk of you jumping on me .....

Not gonna’ lie. Nats obvious limitations really concern me against Madrid.

Benzema is a completely different level to anything in the PL and he's made proper fools of far better defenders than Nat over the course of his stellar career.

Hopefully not but these could well be two games he/ and more so the fanbase with his richly deserved cult status, gets brought back down to earth.

Which would be no slight on him as he’ll be up against different, World class gravy.

Last edited:
At the risk of you jumping on me .....

Not gonna’ lie. Nats obvious limitations really concern me against Madrid.

Benzema is a completely different level to anything in the PL and he's made proper fools of far better defenders than Nat over the course of his stellar career.

Hopefully not but these could well be two games he/ and more so the fanbase with his richly deserved cult status, gets brought back down to earth.

Which would be no slight on him as he’ll be up against different, World class gravy.
Shhhhh...I don't want to hear any blasphemous comments about our lord and savior Nat. Benzema will feel the full wrath of Phillips's ability when they both go for a header. All jokes aside as long as he doesn't get isolated 1v1 and he and Kabak have struck up a decent partnership where Kabak is always on the cover. I guess we will see what unfolds but my bet is on our lord n savior.

Related-

Just how boss has Thiago looked since his return?

Uncanny aye how Fabulous back in there balancing the whole side allows Thiago to do what he was bought for. And not the donkey work he was asked to do to compensate for no Fabinho/ Henderson which completely took away from his game.
He was a metronome against Arsenal lol they couldn't get anywhere near him and everything ran through him.

Shhhhh...I don't want to hear any blasphemous comments about our lord and savior Nat. Benzema will feel the full wrath of Phillips's ability when they both go for a header. All jokes aside as long as he doesn't get isolated 1v1 and he and Kabak have struck up a decent partnership where Kabak is always on the cover. I guess we will see what unfolds but my bet is on our lord n savior.

Soz. Won’t happen again. 😐

Raphaël Varane out of tonight's tie after, sadly for him, testing positive for COVID.

As sorry for Varane as I am about the circumstances, every little helps and all that.

I’m far more concerned personally about this game than ever I would be playing Bayern, City, Dortmund or PSG in a final. (And the same the potential semi come to that I think we'd breeze through.).

Just because it's Madrid. In their competition.

I don't particularly think this Madrid side is very good. And even at 35, the loss of their unequivocal leader Ramos is massive for them. Which is doubly compounded by the Varane news. But it's Madrid. In the European Cup. And that's always a massive concern regardless.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d NEVER back against the Reds in UEFA competition regardless. Let's say ‘cautiously optimistic’ is how I’m currently feeling for the tie. 🤞🏻🤞🏻