The Liverpool Thread

Plus homegrown issues/konate signing. A shame kid was decent but he needs games and not being 4th choice and playing couple cup games here and there.

If Matip stays, it’d be the 5th CH spot wouldn’t it?

I’d guess the injury keeping him out of the last 5, along with Nat’s performances, worked against him if we don’t follow it through.

If Matip stays, it’d be the 5th CH spot wouldn’t it?

I’d guess the injury keeping him out of the last 5, along with Nat’s performances, worked against him if we don’t follow it through.
Only way we are getting rid of matip is if we cancel his contract. No one is signing him with his injury history and relatively high wages.

Only way we are getting rid of matip is if we cancel his contract. No one is signing him with his injury history and relatively high wages.

Somebody would always be interested in a top-quality, veteran CH when there's such a dearth of them mate regardless.

I don't think he's going anywhere. Just saying if he's here, then it's the 5th spot that opens up to Kabak/ Phillips/ whomever as he'd be in the mix with van Dijk, JMG, Konaté in the main corp.

May 25th you say?

Oh, go on then ......

And Sir Sena Connery's greatest work that NEVER fails to well you up.

Whoever at Sky came up with this for a closing credit was a genius-

1621974271399.png

Since the 2011/12 season (10 seasons), only 2 clubs have won the league and finished in the top 4 the following season:

Manchester City and ..... LIVERPOOL.

But yanno’ .....

Worst Champions EVER!’ and all that. 🤦‍♂️

Excellent news to come back home to.

To get one of the most sought after, top young CH's in Europe for a dirt-cheap price is an outstanding start to the window. Welcome mate. Absolutely made up to have you on board.

One absolutely top drawer Parisian boxed.

One to go.

Last edited:
Bissouma not a target according to Ramano, DiMarzio, Reddy, Pearce. He’s Arsenal target.

He most certainly is mate. The reliable word is terms have been agreed with him. The fee is the stumbling block. We won't go past £25/30 million with other options lined up. Brighton are after more. Should be movement there one way or the other next week.

The Arsenal link seems to be stemming from the fact he's an Arsenal fan.

Now Edwards go get us Bissouma as Gini replacement and we are set imo. Anything else is a bonus.

Tielemans is fast becoming an alternative it would seem if Brighton won't play ball.

We happy with that if that happens? (That's rhetorical as I think I know your answer. 😁).

I still think we'd do well to add two midfielders this window looking at the long term and getting as much as of the core of the next evolution of Klopp's L'pool in place now. Someone like an Aouar with the massive financial difficulties in the French league? Although Gravenberch is a major target for next summer now he's wisely decided to have another year of development at Ajax. So maybe we just add one with Curtis another year further on?

Exciting summer regardless though as there are so many ways they can still go in lots of areas.

Tielemans you might get for about 50m he won’t be going anywhere cheap. 40m will be enough to get Bissouma

Tielemans you might get for about 50m he won’t be going anywhere cheap. 40m will be enough to get Bissouma

Yeah, I think they wouldn't mind paying that for Tielemans as he can fill any number of midfield roles You're getting the complete all-rounder. They just won't go that high for Bisouma who'd essentially be a Fabinho understudy. Edwards has his valuations.

Yeah, I think they wouldn't mind paying that for Tielemans as he can fill any number of midfield roles You're getting the complete all-rounder. They just won't go that high for Bisouma who'd essentially be a Fabinho understudy. Edwards has his valuations.
Yeah Tielemans could be gettable as well especially after basically waving goodbye to the fans and saying goodbye on social media. I know 4/5 Leicester fans and they all seem to think he’s off somewhere this summer. Also agree on Bissouma no point paying over the top to be a backup to Fabinho.