The Liverpool Thread

He got a payraise, Liverpool doubled his salary. Well deserved for TAA.

Liverpool continuing to do important bits as they wait for the quota to sort itself.

Ali probably next and they probably leaving Salah last to make him the highest earned player in our history.

I’d wager Alisson, big Virg. AndyRobbo and Mo are already signed. Just a case of when they prioritise announcing it through everything else pre-season. Fabinho didn’t just happen today for example.

Not sure what you do with Bobhy and Sadio but no way should you bump two more 30-year-olds after Mo.

Anyway, this made me smile after all the ignorant Thiago nonsense-

6-years. 😍😍😍😍😍😍

And people still, madly, and incorrectly, claim Fenway have no interest in investing in the side. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Oh how quickly they forget that it wasn't too far back that we struggled to hold on to our top players when they were coming into their prime and looking at a new deal.

More excellent news from a very productive summer thus far with well arguably the best goalie in the World tied down through what will be nigh on a decade here.

So, 'officially', that's-

Alisson ✅
van Dijk
Fabinho ✅
Salah

Half of the spine of the team tied down for the long haul and best part of their careers. With the other half to come. Along with one of the two most important players outside of the spine. Trent, boxed. And his compadre AndyRobbo to be announced before much longer.

GREAT work that ownership! ✅

Happy days. 😎

The good news keeps coming.

We have a 20% sell-on on Ings. So if the £30 million fee is right, that's another £6 million from Southampton on top of the £20 they've already paid us for Ings.

More superb business from Don Edwards for a lad who was heavily injured and barely played.

Wasnt his best season last year for obvious reasons but he still came up trumps with a goal nonetheless lmao when we needed him. Will probably go down as the most talented and best keeper in our history unless Scouse says otherwise (he is the best I've seen for us but Scouse is 100 years old :)

Come on lid. He only passed in November.

This is who he's chasing-

1628102673918.png

Currently, he's the best since Brucie Grobbelaar IMHO. Who has every probability of being the clubs all-time best.

So, 2,669 Norwich tickets go on sale this avvy .....

When you patiently wait 16-months for an away game and something comes up that Saturday you just can’t get out of ….. 🤬

Tied up all that morning. And anyone that's ever travelled across the country from the North West to East Anglia will know just what a horrendous, and long, journey it is. Even by train, you’re looking at 5/6 hours so I’ve reluctantly sacked it off. On the positive, that's one less ticket needed for our little crew so yanno’ ….. not all bad.

Have to wait another week for Burnley (and Leeds as my first away), for my first taste of the mighty Reds on the road to #20.

Such is that pesky thing called life interfering with the important things ….. 😕

But hey ho, match-day! And two games to look forward to in one afternoon! Onwards and upwards .....

After all the mad crazy skitting from opposition fans the other day on the Jelovic goal (Which was perfect defensive form when you look back on it bar the slip at the end. What, a man who's been out over 9 months kicking the ground and slipping? Who'd have thought? 🤦🏼‍♂️), double big Virg's time today with a good 42 minutes where he looked like his imperious best.

Liking these shortened, but far more intense, training games. Today's being 2 60 mins split over two halves. Doesn't get as boring as a normal 90 min game's when they go hard for an hour.

Another one in the legs. Now for the next one .....