The Liverpool Thread

And the same for JMG. More or less double his first outing with 43 minutes game time ticked off.

Things are coming together nicely.

6 down. 2 to go.

Kop rail seats-

1628320800233.png

Last edited:
Yanno'. I'm quite envious, as I am every year we aren't involved, of Leicester and City fans being at Wembley opening the season today.

I've never understood why the Community Shield gets so denigrated today? You have to have invariably won one of only three trophies on offer every season domestically to earn the right to play in it. And at that, one of the two major ones.

It always used to be the club's aim at the start of every season to be opening the next at Wembley in the curtain-raiser as it meant you'd done exactly that. Had yet another successful season.

Let's aim for that again now PROPER football is finally back after the last 18 months farce that was the furthest thing from that! 🎉🎊🕺🕺🕺🎊🎉

We won't go far wrong if we do!

Last edited:
The first of two straight days of L’pool football with the return in force to Anfield, for the first time in 18 months, of the biggest weapon we possess …..

US!!!!! 🎉🎊🕺🕺🕺🎊🎉

Sundays don’t get much better.

Fingers crossed that Robbo injury isn't serious.

See what the scan brings. 🤞🤞

At least Nick the Greek is fully fit after his COVID/ injury-hit first year and raring to go. Quality replacement there to hold things down if need be.

How good was Harvey Elliot tho scouse... Like a new signing and I mean that unironically.

edit:

I keep forgetting he is 18. Oh if he had a dash more acceleration I think he would be the long-term Salah replacement but I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp molded him into a midfielder as his vision is too great to just push him out wide. Instead of fans begging for a shiny new toy in transfer why not just give a kid who is already better than many of his peers at his age a chance. **** a loan I want him in and around the first team.

Last edited:
Another superb addition to an already top squad mate. I don’t think theres any fear of him being loaned anywhere. He’s earned his time now by the massive leap forward he's shown all camp after his stunning debut season last year. He’s Grealish before the humongous fee to have to buy him. Not sure the wider football public fully appreciate yet the difference making talent and c ockey confidence, without being arrogant with it, Harvey has in spades.

Harvey, Naby Lad, who continues to shut the narkers up with another great display against quality opposition,, Oxo-Chambo, Jota and Thiago who haven’t so much as had the full Anfield experience yet after last years jarg season, the returning CH’s ….. people hate to hear it but they are all literally like top drawer new signings.

And just how boss was it to see Virgil stepping up to 70 minutes or so and bossing things like only the big man can? Oh how I’ve missed him blamming 70-yard diags to Mo’s feet.

Last edited:
I appreciate Owen Beck put in a shift second half yesterday, but I wonder if he might err on the side of caution later and go with some combination of him and Neco to protect Tsimikas for Sat’day tea-time?

But regardless, the absolute main thing tonight is hopefully for the absolutely disgraceful carnage of yesterdays technology failures (not like everyone, bar the actual club, didn’t predict that aye? 🤦‍♂️), NOT to be repeated. I wasn’t at the game as I don’t do home friendlies unless the opposition really grabs me. But when lads I’ve been regularly going the match with for well into 4 decades now are saying they can’t remember carnage outside like it with hour-long queues going right back toward Everton valley, all after folk were sent the ticket office first in many cases for paper tickets ….. thats beyond unacceptable.

At least they have 2-weeks to fix the technology before Burnley. (Which they’ve identified as the QR code failing seemingly so there is that.). And you know the absolute shithouses at Sky won’t put any KO on that back regardless.

But then this is L’pool. So I aren’t holding my breath.

Last edited:
Kai Gordans another one to watch Scouse. Was seen as the best youth player in his age group across the country by youth coaches when he was at Derby. Plays way above his age very mature.

Kai Gordans another one to watch Scouse. Was seen as the best youth player in his age group across the country by youth coaches when he was at Derby. Plays way above his age very mature.

The Academy’s stacked mate. Lee Clark’s boy we’ve just taken from Newcastle is another in that bracket.

And there endeth 4 absolutely superb, intense weeks of the bast pre-season yet under Jürgen. With the unusual bonus of the majority of the squad getting both a full summer's rest. With a full Klopp pre-season to follow. And, bar the AndyRobbo knock yesterday, a fully healthy squad smarting from all the absolute nonsense, to be polite, that was thrown at them last season.

I sincerely hope, both for themselves and the PL, that City are ready for another two-way, 90 plus point dogfight between the two best sides in Europe. Because right from day one of camp, the Reds have been FULLY on it and back to 2019/ 20 business mode.

All the best to everyone else now proper football is finally back along with the proper and very best version of the mighty Reds.

We're coming for the title back!

I think the team/squad that played against Bilbao will most likely start against Norwich Norwich on Saturday with Tsimi replacing Robbo of course.

F SPL ***** man! 🤬 Chip butty league doesn’t begin to cover the P poor standard up North.

First Celtic to Migetland. Now Rangers to even worse ***** in 10-man Malmo managed by Jon Dahl Tomasson! Useless set of Glaswegian bleeps the pair of them!

One place we could have DEFO travelled off the board! 🤬

On the plus side, it should quieten the Gerrard to L’pool nonsense.