The Liverpool Thread

1628632649086.png

BOOM!

Way for Jürgen to F shut Pearce up the gobshite ..... *Paraphrasing '"We need a Gini replacement do we? Ok, sound. Tell me, what do we need, who should I sign?''

Seriously, if you aren't inspired and bouncing for the season watching that man, you just aren't alive.

Can we have tomorrow tea-time NOW!!!!! ?

Last edited:
The road to 20 starts here!

And look who's back!!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍

Naby Lad and Oxo-Chambo having heads falling off all over SM too. You LOVE to see it!

Perfect opportunity to go 3 clear of City and have them chasing from the get-go Redmen. Earn the right Match Norwich for intensity and the momentum of last years title win, and your superior ability should see you home.

Straight into these Reds!

1 win down. 30 to go. (As utterly mad as it now is, the average points to win the PL over the last 5-years has been 95. Such has been the other-Wordly standards City and L’pool have raised the bar to. So the win target, and average wins of the last 5 PL winners, is 31. ).

Pretty much perfect opening day. Never easy at a promoted club with all the intensity and momentum from the previous season they bring. And we steadily played our way into that with a scruffy first-half goal setting up an utterly dominant second-half display.

Amazing how when everyones fit and we can play our natural style again, with a rocking travelling Kop behind us, how all the utter B/S thrown our way last year disappears huh? Pace back at CH (just HOW composed and commanding was big Virg BTW? Like hes never been away), FB’s pushed on (Nick the Greek take a bow. Superb full PL debut), with in turn the midfield higher (Superb game for Naby Lad to shut the narkers up again with a tireless pressing display all 82 mins he was on running himself into the ground), and the front three free to do their thing. Specifically 2 assist/ super goal MOTM Mo. Best player on the pitch by a Country mile.

Oh, and our teenage phenom getting a look late for good measure.

Compact shape. Relentless pressing. Fluid, interchanging football …..

PROPER togger is finally back.

And the Mighty Reds are back with it!

3 points clear at the top of, with no disrespect to anyone else, the ONLY team that concerns us IMHO.

Speaking of, over to City tomorrow. The challenge is WELL and truly back on!

Up the F Reds!

83 Minutes
55 Touches
41/43 Passes
1 Key Pass
6/12 Duels
3/6 Tackles
5 Recoveries

The above is Naby Lads #'s today. If you didn't know, they could be a game of Gini's. And he run himself into the ground those 83 minutes just like Gini,

Yet still, I've read a slew of folk all over saying he was bang average etc. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Keep proving them wrong mate. Keep proving them wrong!

Missed the game as I was stuck in buck nowhere due to a train failure and with no connection. How did the back likes of matip and virgil look scouse? Watched extended highlights but **** Salah is just a machine.

Missed the game as I was stuck in buck nowhere due to a train failure and with no connection. How did the back likes of matip and virgil look scouse? Watched extended highlights but **** Salah is just a machine.

That sucks mate. Sorry.

I’ll preface this by saying that Norwich, naturally, didn’t give them the hardest of games. But the longer the game went on, they looked like they’d never been away.

Slowly eased themselves back in, with a few natural lapses in concentration that Taimikas in particular covered round and cleared. One miss-communication when Pukki split them early but showed why he’s the level he is with an extra touch taking him wide for a relatively routine Alisson save. (Who made a blinding double save their only real chance at the death to preserve the clean sheet and highlight his return to normality and his best again after all he endured personally last year.). But they grew stronger and stronger as the game went on. Both comfortably completing the full 90 back with another clean sheet together.

Matip was Matip. Long legs extending and cutting balls out. Striding forward in his mad but brilliant style to aid the attacking play. Nearly scoring from one forage into their box.

And then there was the return of the big man. Organising the back line like the maestro he is. Winning header after header both ends. And as conposed and dominant on the ball as ever. The diags were back in force the more the game went on.

Honestly mate, even accounting for the opposition, after slowly easing himself back in, it was like he’d never been away.

I won’t lie. It was quite emotional watching him.

As I’m sure it was for every opposition forward/ fan in a completely different emotion …..

Sick despair at the Worlds best being back at what he does better than anyone.😍😍😍😍😍😍

Cheers scouse for the re run of the game. My mate told me tsimikas had a bright start but was absolutely gassed after the 60 min mark as expected. Loved that Elliot came on and didnt look out of place. Ali is Ali and I hope he returns to the great standards he has set for himself. Onto Salah usually I would be hesitant to give any player going into their 30s a long max contract but Salah is mentality and will to push himself and be the best is near CR7 levels and I wouldn't be surprised if he is still banging in goals late into his 30s and fit as a fiddle. PL great already for me.

Mo will not only be our greatest ever player, but the PL’s when it’s all said and done.

I’m convinced of that d.

Already a PL great as you noted. His output is beyond phenomenal.

I know we’re not supposed to talk about the man who’s still their #1 target, but Mbappe would have to be beyond phenomenal to be even half as effective as Mo if he winds up here. Seriously.

Mo will not only be our greatest ever player, but the PL’s when it’s all said and done.

I’m convinced of that d.

Already a PL great as you noted. His output is beyond phenomenal.

I know we’re not supposed to talk about the man who’s still their #1 target, but Mbappe would have to be beyond phenomenal to be even half as effective as Mo if he winds up here. Seriously.
Wow I'll hold you to that scouse. Nobody will beat Kenny for me even though I never got to see him play (my old man made sure to remind me how great he was constantly), what he done for the club and more importantly the city went above and beyond.

Wow I'll hold you to that scouse. Nobody will beat Kenny for me even though I never got to see him play (my old man made sure to remind me how great he was constantly), what he done for the club and more importantly the city went above and beyond.

Statistically.

Kenny goes without saying for all he means to the City. Let along football club. Best ‘Scouser’ ,who’s not even from here, there’s ever been.

Now then.

City blink first on MD1.

Picture perfect opening weekend. 3 points clear and a plus 4 GD/ 3 goals more scored.

And given we play first again next weekend, we can keep them in a position of chasing ourselves.

Couldn’t of wished for a better start to the return of a proper football season.