The Liverpool Thread

I still don't understand the **** that Milner gets away with. He should of been sent off just like in the Palace match.

Outstanding match. Bernardo Silva making the Liverpool midfield and back line look like a bunch of clowns and then Mo Salah doing the same to Man City. Quality stuff and I am sure made a lot more fans of the EPL.

Right, back in the house. If a tad worse for wear.

I think I need to watch MOTD for the first time in forever before I comment on the game as I didn't think it was that great a spectacle live. Some stupendous goals aside. More mistake-filled than anything.

But obviously folk have gotten a completely different perspective off the screen so I'll make a brew and watch the highlights to review.

Ok, now I’ve had a few brews and sobered up a bit, today’s business-

Title countdown-
4 wins down/ 26 to go.
15 Points down/ 80 to go.

Current unbeaten League Run-
17 Games: (W 12 D 5 F 38 A 12 CS: 9.).

I could sit here and bemoan surrendering a lead twice. I could question just how we came out SO flat in the first half and gave one of the best sides in World football all day and areas as gapingly wide a radius as the Mersey to play and pick us apart unchallenged. I could bemoan some questionable managerial decisions allied to some really poor performances. (Was there ANYONE playing in midfield for L’pool today?) …..

But when the top two teams in World football go toe-to-toe and produce such a spectacle of elite-level football that was on display in that second 45 minutes, it’s quite frankly utterly churlish to nark about anything. And that’s without even getting into the stupendous goals from both sides. With Mo’s among the best, I swear down, I’ve EVER seen. And man have we scored some all-time great goals over the years.

You just have to tip your hat and acknowledge the beautiful game was the winner today. Two exceptionally talented, but wholly different teams. You just have to sit back and enjoy the football from both.

BTW, over the past 4 seasons, we have amassed 280 points to City’s 279. Numbers that are beyond phenomenal. If there have EVER been two teams in England playing on such an absurd, other Worldly level and pushing each other to unheard-of heights over a 4-year period, home and abroad, I’d like to know of them? So to get down and nark at going toe-to-toe with our equal and the game ending all square would be utterly futile and no less follish.

The main thing of all things is we’ve come out of the second batch of games to the second International break as we did the first. One point clear of City at the top the league. And if we stay one point clear of them all season, we’ll be celebrating a 20th English top division title. I have NO doubt about that.

And a nod to City for respecting and participating in a super tribute to our best ever # 8. I hope we did you proud Sir Roger.

So their endeth an excellent second group of games with L’pool the only unbeaten aide still in the league.’Technically’ a point out of first but as I personally only consider City as the team to finish in front of, a point clear at the top. Clear top of the CL group. And through in the LC. 17 unbeaten in the league and 19 unbeaten in all comps.

This gang of Reds are one ****** OUTSTANDING football team yanno’ …..

Roll on Watford after the break.

Up the 19 not out Reds!

Last edited:
How you going to get 95 when you only have 15 after 7 matches? You still have to play Everton twice, Man Utd twice, and play Chelsea and City again. Plus the odd slip that is going to happen like Brentford.

How you going to get 95 when you only have 15 after 7 matches? You still have to play Everton twice, Man Utd twice, and play Chelsea and City again. Plus the odd slip that is going to happen like Brentford.
I mean we are unbeaten and are integrating players who have been out for yonks into a side that has looked unjointed because of this for a year. Its not all doom and gloom.

Jota had no supply. The midfield was conpletey non-existent all game. Harsh lesson that for Curtis but a really positive development one.
Agree midfield was pushed back far to much to my liking heck you could throw a blanket over the entire team we had no outball and had Salah playing right-back that was how good City press was. 2nd half was much better but in the case of Jota ill hold my hands up if I'm wrong but from what I've seen for a year he is a good player don't get me wrong but he is much better coming off the left for me. Not strong enough to play up top and although he has improved his pressing (Still a bit headless chicken sometimes) he regularly messes up the simple pass and his link-up play quite frankly is poor. Right now I don't think long-term he is the player to phase out the front three. Great goalscorer who comes alive in the box but at the highest level that is not enough.

Because ourselves and City have consistently shown we are capable of those crazy numbers?

As utterly mad as it is, 95 points is the average over the last 5 seasons to win the PL.

Thats the ridiculous, absurd level’s City and L’pool have raised the bar to.

It might not take so many this year. But thats what you need to be aiming for now. Anythng leas than 90 with these two going head-to-head and you probably aren’t even in the title conversation.

Just because .....

137 goal involvements through 152 PL games. (101 goals/ 36 assists.).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any player in the league has more goals or assists his time here? And lest we forget, this isn't a number 9 we are talking about. This is our RIGHT WINGER! NO wide man in the history of football has been this consistently phenomenal. Messi didn't start putting up his ridiculous numbers until he was moved more inside. Ronaldo exploded at Madrid when he was inside basically playing off Benzema. But Mo continues to produce phenomenal numbers ..... from the wing!

I completely run out of superlatives for Mo halfway through the first season. 4 seasons and absolute all-time great goals like yesterday later. Along with the stupendous assist for Sadio's opener .....

When it's all said and done, IMHO, Kenny aside for everything he means to the City, Mo Salah will go down as both Liverpool Football Clubs and the Premier Leagues greatest ever player.

The last 5 years have been an absolute privilege and the prime years of his career here are still to come.

Last edited:
Hardest league in the world and against the very best. Got unnecessary criticism last year despite carrying us with his goals. This year though like I've said before he has gone up another level. I know football is a business and its a fine line between not fudging up our wage structure but Mo is one player you break it for. He will play well into his 30s his mentality is CR7 like.

Screenshot_20211009-081654~2.png
Screenshot_20211009-081654~2.png

Fearsome looking side and its missing three World class starters! (Alisson, Fabulous and Thiago.).

Straight into this shower of soft Southern ***** Redmen!

They've changed manager for a reason. They are proper relegation fodder and headed one way.

Up the 'Pool. Mighty Reds!

Last edited:
Absolutely NO ***** given from Jürgen this week aye?

From Southgate to England U-21s to Premier League and Brazil FA/ FIFA, he's been on a real tear. Don't think I've heard any other manager have the guts to call out the human rights issue at Newcastle to the extent he has.

Utterly mad and to pretty much every other managers detriment that Klopp is the often the only one that ever starts any debate and has the balls to front up and say what needs saying.

When opposition fans and the mediots try ridicule him with 'It's just Klopp narking again' and such, they want to think on that if their own clubs managers had the same integrity and big ones to say what they feel, people might actually start to listen, discussions can begin, and much needed changes might actually be made.

Sensational first half from a sensational team.

45 mins more hard work Reds then over to City later this avvy to respond.

Todays business-

Title Countdown-
5 wins down/ 25 to go.
18 points down/ 77 to go.

Current unbeaten League Run-
18 games: (W 13 D 5 F 43 A 12 CS:10)

7 successive away games these ridiculous Reds have scored 3 or more goals- 3-0/ 3-0/ 3-0/ 3-0/ 3-3/ 5-1/ 5-0.

Sadio Mane 100 PL goals.

Mo Salah draws level with Didier Drogba as the highest scoring African in PL history on 104 goals.

WOW!!!!! ….. Absolutely picture perfect, World class performance from the best football team on the planet. Year 7 of Klopp starts as most of the previous 6 have been, in sensationally exhilarating style.

You could pick out any one of the XI to fawn over (not least Bobby Dazzler and his hatty), but man alive the little Egyptian messiah ….. His City goal was sensational. Todays was indescribable. Forget comparing him to Messi and Ronaldo ….. He’s now doing Maradona GOAT things ….. WEEKLY!

Said it on numerous occasions, but Kenny aside, I have NO doubt he’ll go down as both our and the PL’a greatest ever player when its all said and done.

And I’ll add a shout out to Quive Kelleher for being flawless in his first ever PL away game.

I sure pick my games to miss aye? But I’m sure I’ll recover when we touchdown in Seville tomorrow before the big one Tuesday.

Top start to a great week.

Over to City to respond …..

Up the best in the Country Reds!

Last edited: