The Liverpool Thread

1634392427969.png

Think it is Salah best season so far, he is so scary on the ball and he is taking on much more with confidence than before.

The duality of Naby. From a class banger to absolute dog **** presence defensively and in the 1v1. Switch him with Milner before we concede again.

The duality of Naby. From a class banger to absolute dog **** presence defensively and in the 1v1. Switch him with Milner before we concede again.

From my vantage, big Virg looked equally at fault for both goals and proper sluggish all night. 🤷‍♂️

But regardless .....

Three goals at least scored away from home for the 8th successive game- Phenomenal.

Mo breaking more records- Indescribable.

Beating the Spanish Burnley and their gobshite manger- As sweet as it gets. (Suarez is still a proper ****! as well BTW! He got the reception he deserved. The rat!).

The best team in World football boxing qualification with three games to spare- ******* boss!

UTR!

Day’s out anywhere, let alone Manchester, don’t get ANY better than that.

Nothing more needs adding.

Sings ‘Oles at the wheel, At the wheel. Oles at the WHEEL!’

Firmino was my motm yesterday. Ran the CBs ragged with his movement. He gave ol harry the spin around so many times no wonder he kept crashing into his own players. Firmino inform means a Liverpool inform.

Firmino was my motm yesterday. Ran the CBs ragged with his movement. He gave ol harry the spin around so many times no wonder he kept crashing into his own players. Firmino inform means a Liverpool inform.

And we did that without Matip, Fabinho, Thiago and Mané. Among others.

And the poor souls think Ole is the problem and a change would fix things.

LIGHTYEARS ahead of them. On and off the pitch. And so long as the Glazers run the show, they'll have MANY more decades of this yet.

We know. We've lived it. Now it's come full circle again and it's Utd's turn.

Last edited:
True story-

The last time we played at Deepdale, in 2014, we walked into that game 20 mins in. And left at HT.

Typical pre-season kick about. AKA a day out on the ale in Preston.

I intend to get there earlier and stay longer tonight haha.

Looking as forward to seeing Sepp play against us as I am L'pool.

Up the 'In it to win them ALL!' Reds!

Well, that was a pretty turgid night but the end justifies the means and the ONLY thing that matters in knockout Cup logger is being in the hat for the next round.

Current Unbeaten Run All Comps-
P 23 W 17 D 6 F 60 A 17 CS:12

That all-time club record is getting closer and closer.

Pluses-

City out! Our record, along with them, of winning the LC for 4 straight years remains intact. And we have a proper chance to go back ahead of them in total LC wins. That's pleased me as much as anything this evening. 😎

Neco can only continue getting better the more experience he gets. Absolutely mad how so many are so quick to write off a youngster as he's not doing Trent things out of the gate. Go figure? 🤦🏼‍♂️

Tyler had another very assured display. Massive kudos again to him and his family for the boyhood Red living his dream and then some. Conor Bradley doing bits and impressing again too in his cameo.

Taki San continues to shut the reactionary souls up, ala Naby Lad, every time he plays. Perfect skillset for a Klopp player. Just a case of biding his time and continuing to learn and impress with hard work in training.

I was made up for Adrián after some of the scandalous garbage he's received since the Atléti loss the other year. Glad he got the chance to properly contribute again. Well done Sir.

And can I highly recommend the Black Horse as a fantastic, traditional boozer in the centre for anyone that finds themselves in Preston. Never been there on previous visits but really enjoyed the old school vibe and really friendly clientele. Don't seem to get many untouched, traditional pubs like that outside of L'pool these days.

Minuses-

The less said about the overall game the better but again, a win in knockout football is ALL that matters.

But within that-

Origi. Yeah, I know, the goal. But for the rest of the night, he may as well not have been on the pitch. Wasn't interested in a battle with their CH's. Wasn't interested in contesting any headers. Heck, wasn't interested in, yang', actually running around. Just wasn't interested at all. I get it's hard when he's not playing. But at least try man! That's not asking too much, is it? 🤷‍♂️That lad frustrates the living P out of me. When he's tuned in and on it like Norwich last round, he's unplayable. When he can't be _____, like tonight, he may as well not be on the park.

And a personnel gripe ..... I'm all for different people getting a chance to go the game. But that was a proper weird makeup of an away end tonight with some unrecognisable faces and accents. Which lead to the very annoying ant-Utd ****. 'Oles at the wheel'/ ' We played the ***** on a Sunday night and they never touched the ball' ..... News flash. We weren't F playing Utd!!!!! 🤬 I get you want your share of last Sunday, but we DON'T sing about them when we aren't playing them! Save that **** for when we are!

So all in all a real 'meh' night but that's what you often get against lower league oppo. in the cup. But we're in the hat so roll on Saturday morning's draw. (And what's all that about? After the brisk 20 min or so walk back the station, I was looking forward to who we'd pulled. Not having to wait until Sat'day! Sky man ...... SMH!).

Bar Atléti next Wednesday, that's me done to the break now. I promised someone a game a ways back so I'm letting them use my seasie Sat'day. And you couldn't pay me enough to ever again go to that absolute sham of an athletics stadium that West 'Am laughably call a 'football ground.'

Up the quadruple chasing Reds!

Last edited:
Lmao even the goal was a typical Origi I cant be arsed lemme just flick my leg at it. We all live in a Divock Origi world.