The Liverpool Thread

Great player but more importantly a geniune great human being who embodies everything about representing the club.

I wonder if all the divvy’s who were cryarsing all over SM/ the net last weekend handing Chelsea the title (10 games in and a game behind 🤦🏼‍♂️), saying ‘L’pool are drawing too many games to challenge’, are similarly writing Chelsea off tonight?

*That's rhetorical BTW. Reactionary bellends.

SO good to be typing this lazily still in bed and not on a rattler going South.

You couldn’t pay me enough to go to that absolute sham of an athletics stadium West ‘An laughably call a football ground. Once was TOO many. At lest City have made theirs somewhat reasonable for football. That place is just a joke. I can’t stand them, but I pity the East End fans trying to make that mess in Stratford ‘home.’

But regardless, on the pitch we have a near perfect record there against David Moyes Football GENIUS and his team and I expect more of the same today.

To come out of this group of games extending our lead over City at the top by another point from the last break to 2 will be the perfect way to go into the last International break of 2021.

Straight into these soft, Southern meffs Redmen!

Today’s admin-

Title Countdown:
6 wins down/ 24 to go.
22 points down/ 73 to go.

Current unbeaten League Run-
Ended at 20 games.

Well that was a superb, really competitive game of top flight togger. Compellingly fascinating throughout between two teams of completely different styles. With full credit to Craig Pawson too for letting some really meaty challenges go and letting the game flow. Right from the opening goal when he (rightly, IMHO), let the first Alisson F up stand. Yeah, Cresswell could maybe have gone a few minutes after for what could well have been seen as a red. But at least he was consistent throughout to just let the players play.

Congrats West Ham. No complaints with either team winning that. And no complaints with L’pool after such a great game. Yeah, you could nitpick at Alisson’s mistakes and a few others. But they’re a glaring Mane miss away from coming from 3-1 down to draw at the death.

Thats football at the very highest level, Fine, FINE margins.

25 games unbeaten is a heck of an outstanding achievement in itself. But you can’t win them all. So again, full credit to Wear Ham.

Lets go start another long run with Arsenal bow after the break!

Up the frustrated but far from dejected Reds!

Yeah that one was a stinker. Write it off and thank god Burnley done us a favour yesterday. Credit to West Ham they will be a tough place to go for many.

Yeah that one was a stinker. Write it off and thank god Burnley done us a favour yesterday. Credit to West Ham they will be a tough place to go for many.

Arsenal and Preston will have sore heads this morning from West Ham winning the set-piece battle so there is that.

So it's finally 'official,' The single most important person at Liverpool Football Club (and you all know just how highly I regard Jürgen), is entering his last 7 months at Anfield.

And what an absolutely fantastic open letter this is that's a mark of the man and top culture at the club he represents-

It's been a heck of a ride and we owe this man a tremendous debt.

From the World envied, performance based, analytical recruitment system he's put in place, through being instrumental in designing the Axa training complex at Kirkby, bringing all levels of the club together under one World class facility, and all points in between, he has more than played his part in completely revolutionising Liverpool Football Club into one of the Worlds leaders. On and off the pitch.

But the great thing, as sad as having this announcement out in the open now is; is the system he's put in place doesn't rely on one man. It is the archetypal 'sum of its parts.' For all Michadl's brilliance, he's only as good as the top notch team under him compromising ex-Nasa scientists and other such luminary's. With his succession being set out for a good whiles now with his assistant Julian Ward.

This is the KEY position under the American sports model. The GM. Which, even if not titled that, Edwards effectively is. For he's the one man who oversee's pretty much everything on the sporting side. Coaches and players are expendable and the GM picks and brings in the right ones to fit the clubs philosophy. And in Ward, who's steadily worked his way up through the Anfield ranks, we seemingly have the perfect, in-house replacement, in the style of the arl Boot Room, who is fully onboard with our DNA and how we operate.

So as we enter the final stretch of an outstanding Edwards era, here's to the next 5 years and longer of the Julian Ward one. And who knows? With fresh ideas and subtle tweaks to our system to keep us ahead of the curve, he may even top his successor when it's all said and done.

I'll be saying this again before you finally leave Michael, but thank you, sincerely, for all you've done for L'pool FC. Without you and the outstanding acquisitions you and your team have identified and brought in, Jürgen wouldn't have had the outstanding success he's had. It's been the prefect marriage on and off the pitch and the debt we owe you for your part in returning our club to the very top of the football tree is immeasurable.

Last edited:
Interesting Si thinks what would be a maximum 2 league games (And at that Brentford home and Palace away) presents significant selection problems during the AFCON. 🤷‍♂️

Even more interesting, presuming we both progress, if we pull Chelsea in the LC semi January with them more than likely having to deal with the WCC which has been put back to the start of the year. How does Tommy Tucker play that?

BANG out of order from Sky. And the less said about the kid's father and his parental judgement the better.

There's a reason nothing under 18's level is really reported on and can't be shown on the screen.

You'd presume L'pool have no say as he can't even be signed to us until U9's level. So he's not 'formally' on the books yet. But I doubt they are impressed with this ridiculous exposure for a 7-year-old child.