The Liverpool Thread

Still ******* fuming from how terrible the officiating was yesterday.
As a neutral, I do wonder what the purpose of VAR was. Pogba's tackle on keita was less malicious compared to Kane's and he got a red. Interesting dynamics that.

But besides the officiating carnage, I would be a tad worried that spurs were the better side for much of that game (albeit you had a depleted midfield but still this is a woeful spurs side). If spurs had a more ruthless front 3, they could've easily been 4-0 up at halftime (no exaggeration). Harry winks looked like a Xavi-regen at times too for some reason.

As a neutral, I do wonder what the purpose of VAR was. Pogba's tackle on keita was less malicious compared to Kane's and he got a red. Interesting dynamics that. .....

I don't think it's remiss to think they are corrupt when they have all the pictures available yet turn down the stonewall penalty on Jota and don't ask the incompetent Tierney to look at the monitor on Kanes recklessness. Yet they do on AndyRobbo's. No question the latter was a red. But it was childsplay in comparison to Kane's violent assault. I don't know what else you are supposed to conclude than they are on the take when it's as blatant an egregious set of errors in one teams favour. 🤷‍♂️

He goes, half an hour in, along with the penalty, and that's doubtless a completely different result.

Rarely ever put a result down to the officials but that's where yesterday starts and ends.

L'pool were robbed blind.

1640089565380.jpeg

Other managers are fuming, Klopp has passion and energy.
Yeah I don't want to talk too much about stuff Liverpool fans don't like to hear in this thread. I simply made a little joke, I'm sure Dilakh does not mind.

Fixing to be a lot of empties tonight.

People dropping out all over, naturally not wanting to put their family Christmas at risk. Loads of spares floating around nobody can shift.

That was a rodgers classic. Gave me play the second team against Madrid vibe and then go on to lose the league game against Chelsea. Instead, he has done a speed run today and lost the game and his first team CB to a second-string Liverpool team. Lmao.

Today’s admin-

Current unbeaten run all comps-
P 10 W 8 D 2 F 26 A 8 CS: 5.

Yanno’ three of my all time favourite games under Jürgen aren't games on the road to #19. Nor finals. Or any of those pulsating European nights. Barcelona included. They are PROPER pride nights in the domestic cups where our youth was given its head and we came through with flying colours. All against FAR superior opposition in terms of the strength they put out. The pulsating Arsenal 5-5 in the LC. (Where I FINALLY got to see the mythical 10 goals scored in a game after countless variations of 9.🕺🕺🕺 ). My all time favourite Derby win when a whole team of kids, save for Adrián, Milner and JMG, dumped the Ev's entire first-team out the Cup. And now tonights barnstorming, heart pounder against those horrible, Brexit, lil' Englander ***** from Leicester!

Just where do you begin with this one?

Let's start that yet another Rodgers collapse couldn't happen to a bigger set of inbred shithouses. You come to our ground, walking past food bank collections on the way into your end ..... And then think it would be oh so funny to sing about food poverty. At this time of year to boot to compound your lowlife ills. Proper funny that lads eh? The BOOMING response of '**** THE TORIES!!!!!' was perfect and just what they deserved! The team wiping the smiles off their F up grids was just the perfect end. Enjoy another ***** Chrimbo in your East Midlands hovels! *****!

Don't let ANYONE tell you either Jürgen Klopp or L'pool Football Club don't care about the League Cup again! What an absolutely magnificent effort to come twice, from two goals behind, to come through victorious from every last one of them on a barnstormer of an old school cup-tie. The manager included who reacted superbly to change the game. All played out in front of an absolutely wild Anfield that was rocking as loud as she's rocked since we've been afforded being back at the game. All after it had started on a real strange feeling with an eerie quiet outside in the horrid whether. And then when you see the predicted empty's all over, you begin to wonder just what sort of a night was in store? But we responded to the team. And they responded to us with the performance of the season so far by a Country mile! And boy has there been some super special nights already.

Hard to pick any one player out after such a wonderful night so let's give a collective MOTM to EVERYONE involved, on and off the pitch, on another Anfield night under the lights that will live LONG in the memory and be talked about for years to come.

Bring on Arsenal the semi! Could WELL have done without the away leg straight after an overnight at Chelsea. But like our majestic team, we'll find a way if we're allowed to go. (Which I very much doubt, to either, sadly, but we'll see.).

F the TORRIES!!!!! And boy did we!

Up the Quadruple chasing Reds! (Not bad at this football lark are we for such a **** squad, as the petty narrative goes, aye?).

Last edited:
That was a rodgers classic. Gave me play the second team against Madrid vibe and then go on to lose the league game against Chelsea. Instead, he has done a speed run today and lost the game and his first team CB to a second-string Liverpool team. Lmao.

I LOVED that the pens were in front of the Leicester fans.

Jota celebrating and taking the P in front if them was delicious after 90 plus minutes of their tawdry, cliched bile.

They are PROPER weapons. Always have been. Always will be. They belong in the lower leagues with the rest of the rabble.

Last edited: