The Liverpool Thread

Turns out we couldn't hit a barn door and got FM'ed. 6 points will be hard to turn around against this juggernaut City side whose depth will help them.

Sadio's becoming really frustrating of late.

57 points still on the board, with City to play again, and a minimal 6 point gap ...... As frustrating as tonight was mate (FM'ed ...... I like that. Great description) this title race is nowhere near over.

Onto Chelsea and what's set up to be a fantastic week to start what could well be a real special 2022.

Last edited:
Hearing from various friends it all went round the coaches and a lot of smiling 'Feed the Scousers' Tory's had said smile wiped off their face.

So there is that.

Last edited:
I'll be down at Chelsea and Arsenal through this so I'll get this out of the way now ....

4-part drama on consecutive evenings from Sunday January 2 to Wednesday January 5 (9pm) on ITV.

An additional documentary airs on Thursday 6 January (9pm), also on ITV, called The Real Anne: Unfinished Business.

A very dear friend is the main writer of this. So I know, as hard a watch as it will be (I'm tearing up just watching the trailer), it'll be superbly and tactfully written whilst holding nothing back.

Sammo also say's the always superb Maxine Peake gives the performance of a lifetime.

That lady is one of this City's greats who FAR outweighs anything any player or manager has ever done for us on the football pitch.

God rest her and the 97. YNWA.

Oh what joy! 3 more COVID cases to add to this ongoing mess. Looks certain Alisson and Bobby will be missing for Chelsea at least.

Happy NY to us!

But hey, Klopp's just a moaner, right, and not someone who cares about player welfare? **** Germans!

So we soldier on.

1640972600748.png

Happy New Year to our red family across the World. 🥂

My personal expectations for the second-half of 2021-22:

Premier League.

If we beat Chelsea tomorrow, we’ll win the league.

City have started to look leggy. Brentford gave them a real fright. (As they did Chelsea, who they totally dominated, and ourselves. I still maintain that was a good point at a really tough place to go. Anyone thats been there in person will testify to just what a brilliant thing they have going on in that great lil’ tight ground. Just the circumstances it came around didn’t feel like that. But I digress ….. ). City will dip. EVERY team dips at some point in the season and being 9 behind, effectively 6 with the GIH being Leeds at home, City to play, and 57 points still on the table, is absolutely nothing. We’ve been in FAR worse situations in our ‘70’s/ ‘80’s heyday and still won the league. Heck, City have been in a worse situation recently at the turn of the year and still won the league. 9 points at this stage, with a game in hand and half the season to go, is honestly NOTHING of a gap.

We win a Stamford Bridge, we’re more than capable of going on another big winning run. And if we get in front, we know City are poor chasers. This title is FAR from over. And City know more than anyone we are the only club that can match them in a straight up fight. Guardiola isn’t messing when he says the leagues nowhere near over with Liverpool in it!

Honestly, and I’m talking to the SM imbeciles now, hang your heads in SHAME if you’ve given up on the league at half-way. Klopp has patently taught you nothing about his side and what makes this City tick. Or what being a Liverpool supporter is ALL about. Go tell it to myself and 3k odd other reds at Stamford Bridge late Sunday avvy the leagues over and see what reaction you get!!!!! BELIEVE in your team until its mathematically out of their hands. Its what Liverpudlians do and why the club you support is Englands most successful and one of Europe's very best. Aside from the fact they’ve repeatedly shown they are City's equal, F them! We are Liverpool, and what WE do, is ALL that matters!

Chelsea is crucial though. Right now we’re superbly placed and its more than manageable. Fail to win there and it gets super hard.

Verdict- Title #20 come May.

Champions League.

Like any cup competition, a lot depends on the luck of the draw and luck on the night.

Inters a given over two legs to me. Not concerned with them in the slightest. They won’t live with our intensity.

After that, anything can happen. But NO team left will want to pull us. And NO team left has the complete, difference making power of a wild Anfield on their side under the European lights.

Verdict- Semi’s at the very least. Then its PROPER game on.

Domestic Cups.

Carabao Cup:

I fully expect to be in the League Cup Final and another boss day out at Wembley with the Reds the end of February. If we can still go, Arsenal this Thursday is fixing to be another super special night with over 5k of us down there. (Tell us again the LC doesn’t matter!). Getting past Arsenal doesn’t overly concern me personally. But anything can happen in a one off final. But at least we’ll finally be back in one in another of ‘our’ tournaments.

Verdict- Cautiously optimistic for LC #9.

FA Cup:

Again, it all depends on the draw and luck on the day. But we now have the depth, as we’ve shown knocking out two PL clubs already in the LC, to give it a really good go too.

I’d love nothing better than an FA Cup win personally as there’s NO competition means more to this football club and City after what we’ve lost in the competition. After Sheffield, we’re forever inextricably tied and should always give everything every season to win it in my, and many other survivors, opinion.

Verdict- Really attack it, hope for the similar, ‘kind’ draws City repeatedly get. And see where it takes us …..

The first-half of 2022 is fixing to be proper special. Even in our illustrious history. Everything is perfectly set-up for this gang of historical reds to have a SERIOUS go at an unprecedented quadruple. And we know they are more than capable of taking it to the wire.

As always, and as with every club thats ever won anything, luck will play a massive part. And when two historical teams are as evenly matched as ourselves and City are, the finest of fine margins could well be the decisive factor yet again. A bounce of the ball here in your favour. A ref decision there.

Let’s just say I’m cautiously optimistic that the mighty Reds will be collecting trophies in May again.

Happy New Year Reds from our Liverpool home. Straight into these soft Southern twats Sunday!

And FTT!

ALWAYS FTT!!!!!!

I love your optimism Scouse but City are getting the rub of the green and have shown along with us that once they go on a winning run it will be hard to stop them (currently on 11 right now). All to play for especially with 6 points but it will be hard especially with the covid situation still among us. Id be happy with a good cup haul though as I feel its the only thing missing from Klopps mantelpiece. Give me the FA cup, League cup and CL and I'm a happy bunny. This team has to win something this season though.

Well that’s just great to wake upto. We’re a man down. ☹️

One of my bezzies has tested positive this AM and consequently had to pull out. First away he’s missed all year.

Such are the times we are currently living in. *Sighs.

That downer aside, the new relief this season of getting that negative match day negative out of the way, I’m absolutely buzzing for this.

Another 3 points toward #20. And the Chelsea title nonsense finally consigned to where it belonged in the summer ….. In the bin!

UTR! FTT!!!!!

I read today that Klopp and Alison, have contacted Covid, so their sitting out!

Lost the midfield battle. Millie's legs have sadly gone and Hendo has been in a slump for a while. I've said it before but Jota if he aint banging in goals is a place where the attack goes to die. Play him on the left as a Mane replacement or stick Mane in the centre. League is gone as far as I'm concerned and I'd like Klopp to take the domestic cups seriously for once.

Luckily Salah is pulling his weight. And TAA is creative as they come. Some of his passes are delicious. It was a really good game.

I'll keep this short as I'm goosed.

Today/ Yesterday's admin-

Title Countdown:
12 wins down/ 18 to go.
42 points down/ 53 to go.

Finally home with a brew from a cracking trip to start the NY. That was a really good day and night in 'That, there London!' yesterday. Yeah, the game was very disappointing given the circumstances of how it came around. Can't not win that from that position. But at least we took a point from it. I love the resilience (something we THRIVE on here) of being at a game like that as opposed to stewing in the house having watched it on the TV. The disappointment soon dissipates as you've either got a long journey home. Or a night away. So the game is done and then it's all about having the best time possible with yer mates. Some of the best journeys home come after defeats for that very reason. But I digress .....

It's mad that under any other circumstance, drawing 2-2 at Tottenham and Chelsea, having only lost 2 of the first 20 games, would be continuing a superb first half of the league season sat pretty at the top. But City are doing mad things and COMPLETELY skewing any and all rationale and sending folk cry arsing and cliff jumping at any game that isn't won. 🤦🏼‍♂️

The task unquestionably got a whole bunch harder no question. But with Leeds at home and City still, to play, another long, unbeaten winning run which for the third time this season to set that up would be perfect. Get to March/ April within 6 points of City, with their nemesis Europe that they (rightly) crave more than anything hitting the crucial stages, and you'd be made up with that for the run-in.

No league was ever won on January 3. And this one isn't about to start changing that now.

And we get to do this all again on Thursday with a second quick hike down South. Oh what joy haha.

The things you do for your team.

Now, I think my mood will doubtless totally change as I shall settle down and catch up with 'Anne.' For some PROPER perspective on just where a draw at Chelsea lies in the great scheme of things. 😢

Up the stuttering but FAR from out of the race Reds!

And most importantly, FTT!!!!! ALWAYS!

Last edited:
What no incoming! FSG OUT!!!!!!!! :mad:

Brilliant news for him to properly get his pro career up and running at last years double Scottish cup winners.

Really nice words too from Tony on the massive development benefits from his time here under top-level coaching. Makes you proud when you read sincerity like that from a young man and it's always brilliant to see them set out on their football journey like he's now doing.

All the best mate.

Ala Tony Gallacher going home, I'm made up for Morgan to finally start his football journey. Also in Scotland's top flight.

All the best mate in your professional career. I sincerely hope it's a long and fruitful one for you.

Feared this when the new cases emerged earlier but we could really do without it being postponed.

The accumulative knock-on won't be good.

WTF are the EFL waiting for? Surely they aren't going to make an absolute mockery of their marquee competition? AGAIN!

Buzzing off the fume of opposition gobshites BTW. Like L'pool is the only club this season to ask for a postponement ..... 🤦🏼‍♂️