The Liverpool Thread

Not sure who I want to win in tonight's semi?

Both Chelsea and Tottenham are equally nasty, horrible btards. So the final will be proper moody whichever off the pitch. And on it, both will set up uber defensive, all things being equal, so I’m not sure either makes it any more of an attractive watch?

You’d imagine we’ll be playing Chelsea right now. But an early ‘Spurs goal and things get interesting.

1641994426749.png

Chelsea then.

We owe them in a final for both this competition under Rafa. And 2012 and what would have been another double for Kenny if there’d have been goal line technology at the time.

*Sings ‘….. London Bridge is falling down, Poor old Arsenal …..’

As if having their annual Anfield walloping already this season wasn’t enough, they get to experience it all over again! With the extra spice of their mad fume over not understanding LC/ Covid protocol thrown in for good measure.

Poor old Arsenal.

Up the final bound Reds!

Well that wasn't the occasion I expected.

First things first, tonights admin-

Current unbeaten run all comps-
P 3 W 1 D 2 F 6 A 3 CS: 1

Well at least this can be quick ..... That was utter dog ****.

Just one of those nights when collectively everyone was completely off it. On the pitch, outside of Alisson, Matip, and the subs, nobody is worth a mention. Off the pitch, we were just as flat as a crowd. Hands up. I was just as guilty as any player in that complete non-event. Sorry.

Just an utterly flat night all round.

A P poor night at the office but thankfully a far from terminal one. What this does guarantee now is a belter trip next Thursday with over 5k of us rocking the Emirates.

Up the flat but FAR from out Reds!

Whats baffeling is Firmino applauding to ref decision instead of cheking how his teammate is.

Curtis Jones is fast becoming one of my fav players. Excellent tech and very good at progressing the ball but he also works so ******* hard for the team and doesn't shirk his responsibilities. Baffles me he gets tirade online when he is one of our own and doesn't look out of place at a top 3 side.

Today's admin-

Title Countdown:
13 wins down/ 17 to go.
45 points down/ 50 to go.

Current unbeaten PL run-
P 2 W 1 D 1 F 5 A 2 CS: 2

Tell us again we aren't in a two-horse title fight!

So, for the past 72 hours or so since Thursday's game, we've had many in the media and across SM, spouting the absolute reactionary garbage of-

Liverpool can't break down low-block teams - HELLO!

Robbo can't cross a ball like Tsimikas and should be out of the side - Oxo-Chambo would like a word.

Taki is done and should never play again!- Just HOW superb a cameo was that from the birthday boy? Superb pressing, creation, and another goal to boot. Adding to his best goalscoring season since his transfer into English football.

Oxo-Chambo is done - Hopefully, the ankle sprain isn't bad as he continued adding today, to what has been a quietly impressive season from him.

Our academy is as bad as our transfers- Tell that to Trent, Curtis, who were both superb, particularly Curtis, and Kaide. Along with Neco, Quive and young Tyler being on yet another PL bench.

SEE! We told you L'pool couldn't score without Mo and Sadio and would be F when they went to the AFCON - Yeah, that one lasted all of the first league game they missed.

Conclusion- MANY should think more and post less if all they want to do is be reactionary in the moment.

Really good, comfortable, dominant display today against a hard team to play against who sat in deeper than they normally do. Special shout out to Bobby who I thought was superb and the MOTM along with Fabulous. The more he's playing again, the more he's getting back into the groove with his game. A constant menace all day for Brentford. And getting Kade 10 mins for his PL debut was another super bonus too. Along with a 2nd successive CS for a defence that apparently is weak.

11 behind City, with a game in hand and the Ethiad to come in a few months. 51 points still on the board. I LIKE them apples!

One game, one win at a time.

Tell us again we aren't in a two-horse title fight!

Up the quadruple chasing Reds!

Last edited: