The Liverpool Thread

Proper special that from Blackburn for another top L'pool signing who'll be integral to the next evolution of Kloppo's Mighty Reds. SO mature for his tender years.

It's brilliant to see Rovers coming back to prominence. Pity the Venky's are still in charge like. (Folk who honestly believe Fenway are poor owners seriously need to look at that carnage.). Mowbray is doing an outstanding job there and doing it the right way. Playing some super football along the way.

I sincerely hope they make it up. Ewood's a belter, local away where you get the whole upper and lower behind the goal. Hopefully, the Fernhurst has reopened since the last time we were there too.

Superb from the football club. But to all our detriments that this is a road they sadly have to go down.

I get it's tricky restricting what people can do, but I think if I were a manager in this day and age, I'd have a club rule that everyone's SM accounts were kept private between friends and family. It's just not worth the anonymous abuse, often over the most inconsequential post, that many low life think is their free right to do via a screen with little to no consequence.

Football continues to be an absolute disgrace across all sports when it comes to how seriously they treat head injuries. And the long term effects of dementia etc there-in.

We've suffered personally on the biggest stage of all with the terribly lax attitude from both our medical team and UEFA in allowing Karius to play on in the European Cup Final whilst concussed. 4 years on, and the PL/ UEFA/ FIFA/ CAF et al are still as haphazard when it comes to the seriousness of this issue that most every other sport is on top of and treating with the utmost priority.

Until a proper concussion protocol is put in place, and this is taken out of the clubs/ countries/ players hands, football will continue to literally play with guys lives.

There need's to be independent neurologists at every game. With an observer in the stand to give details to him of the ferocity of the incident/ impact. Then, if ANY clash of heads occurs, you take both players off the pitch to a secluded area for a proper evaluation. Like a good 10 mins or whatever the medical recommendation is. Not the farcical minimum on pitch eval currently in place. That's where you use a concussion sub during that time. If the players are then fine to return then sound. If not, you play on with the concussion sub.

It’s not hard. Football continues to be an absolute out laying disgrace in doing the absolute bare minimum when it comes to head injuries across all sports.

Last edited:
And just how good was this man BTW this tournament? Two MOTM and a belter goal the three group games. Continuing his great form this season before Pogba curtailed it for a few months. Such a pity Guinea went out with him sat suspended watching on.

Here's to more of the same the next 5 months Naby Lad.

Brilliant to read the plaudits Sepp has been getting after another great outing for Preston the other night as he continues to be one of the best defenders in the Championship-

It'll be really interesting to see just where he's at come next pre-season after a year and a half of excellent development in the Championship through which he's come on leaps and bounds. With the newfound, added versatility to play as an attacking RB/ RWB aside from his more natural CH position he certainly didn't arrive with. Which can only go in his favour for sticking long term here. I wonder how that will affect how we plan for back-end depth in both positions?

I always revert back to when we signed him and Liverpool unveiled him as a first-team signing. At 17 years of age. Something they NEVER do with Academy players. He was always slated to be fast-tracked through after his breakthrough in Holland. (Was it Seedorf's record for the most Eredivisie games he broke by the age of 17? Something like that. But I digress .....).

All he needed was patience and time to fully settle to not only a different style of football. But his first time away from home. And in a completely new Country at that. The football intelligence and technical ability were there from the very beginning. He just looks a natural, ball-playing CH. Aesthetically elegant like most Dutch players tend to be. He just needed to add the physical side and grow that way. Which he's developed well with as he's grown at Preston. Gotten a lot stronger and more dominant in the air too the more experience he's got in the English game. (I've watched a good few Preston games in between ours as I'm really high on him if you can't tell haha.).

Still, a long way to go. And again, it will be telling this pre-season to see what leap forward he's made as to what we require day in, day out at the very highest level here.

But he's certainly on the right trajectory to be a long term member of the CH corp at Anfield.

Pure genius,

Unless I missed it as I was wrapped up in glorious memories, the home goal against Villa where he turned Stan Staunton 30 yards out, and webbed one like an Exocet missile from 25 yards past Bosnich. Kop End.

Still the most natural goal scorer I've ever seen in over 40 years going the match. Rushie is the best overall forward. But as a natural scorer, Robbie takes some beating. Seemed most everything he hit went between the sticks.

1643311775914.png