The Liverpool Thread

This is going to cause carnage with Sunday surely going as well.

And bllocks to flipping the legs! Even though there's no longer away goals, that's the home advantage gone. They should have just played the away leg next Thursday than the home the following. Not happy with that!

Last edited:

Ala Tony Gallacher going home, I'm made up for Morgan to finally start his football journey. Also in Scotland's top flight.

All the best mate in your professional career. I sincerely hope it's a long and fruitful one for you.

Just watching the LC semi, and hearing Tottenham fans throwing 'rentboys' at Chelsea ..... I'd forgotten to mention, that was absolutely brilliant Sunday to not hear that once from us. Can't remember a game against them that that slur hasn't come out.

You can grow up, mature, and respect everyone if you try hard enough.

1641563440721.png

If we cant convince Leeds to sell Raphina I would take Luis Diaz in a heartbeat as an alternative to Mane on the left.

I'm really struggling to get 'Up for the Cup' right now. I'll probably be sound tomorrow, but right now everything is just totally flat.

Being a Liverpudlian, and no less a fortunate survivor, the FA Cup always holds paramount significance each and every season. I appreciate fans who have grown up in this era, where the Cup's importance has been disgracefully denigrated, not only by clubs, but by the FA themselves, not holding it in much esteem compared to the League/ EC. But as Liverpudlians, after all we've lost in this competition, you should ALWAYS want the club to go out and give everything in the FA Cup. EVERY season.

The Cup has always been massively important to the City. I remember being a young teenager back in '86 when we were vying neck-and-neck with the Ev for both league and Cup. And after we managed to avoid each other in the semi draw for the first time ever, ALL anyone could talk about wasn't the title race that went to the last game. But the Cup final. Whatever happened, we COULDN'T lose the Cup final to them. Which probably sounds mad to the younger generation now who have been conditioned to believe all that matters is the PL and CL, But the FA Cup was, even in such recent memory, held in the highest esteem. I grew up on story's of '65 and how we FINALLY shut the blues up when we won our first. And just what a momentous day that was. Cup Final day used to literally stop the whole Country. Grannies that had no interest in football would be glued to the TV. Regardless of who was playing. It was an all day event on the telly from early morning getting up with the teams through to after the game.

And then the worst day of any of our lives, that nobody should have to suffer through, happened in 1989. That, without wishing to dwell on the subject, completely changed your life that lasts to this day. All of which intrinsically tied the club. and City, to the competition in an indelible bond.

So the FA Cup, personally speaking, is a majorly important competition each season I desperately want to win as much as anything else. And third round day always used to be the single best day in the calendar. Side note- Something else they've ruined now as its not a day, but a 4 day weekend. Oh for the times when every game was 3PM on this day with exciting shocks aplenty. But I digress .....

And here we are this year, being forced to play what potentially could be a team full of inexperienced kids. With a video analyst acting as manager. All because the FA have zero respect or integrity for their own competition.

I've no issue if we'd chosen to put out a weakened side. I don't particularly like it for everything above and more. But that's our or any other clubs prerogative. Circumstances today, with the over saturated fixture list, dictate such things. And the Cup no longer carries the financial reward to make it more viable than competitions that do to clubs. But forcing clubs to put out ANY age group of a team, so long as they fulfil the fixture, isn't right at all and just makes a complete mockery of the tournament. And then in the next breath, they accuse you of 'disrespecting the competition' when clubs aren't at full-strength. 🤦🏼‍♂️

So yeah, right now, I'm just not feeling this seasons competition at all. Which is making me more angry toward the FA than anything else.

Last edited:

I don't know why I remotely thought he'd be anything different, being he's spent his entire career alongside Jürgen, who doesn't suffer fools gladly, to Klopp and his character. But, without being as ebullient as Klopp and Pep, having finally heard him speak, what a polite, engaging, well spoken guy Krawietz is from the same ethos as the main two.

Here’s crossing everything (Well, not quite everything. That would be a tad too painful. 🥴), that the FA’s P poor way of dealing with COVID doesn’t derail our quadruple charge today. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

*Muses ’I wonder what the record is for the number of debutants in a game ….. ?’

Meh. Cardiff at home in round 4.

Flat home draws against lower league opponents always give you a mixed reaction.

On the one hand, viewing it from a match going supporters perspective, Cardiff away would have been brilliant. A weekend in South Wales is always boss. Cardiff at home is just 'meh.' You struggle to get up much enthusiasm for it. Which is amplified by the complete change in demographic of the crowd ala how flat it was today. I mean it's great that its cheaper, and there's far more chance for people who don't get to go to the match to do just that. Kids first games are always brilliant to see. But that change from a 'regular' crowd also has its downside in the atmosphere, Just a weird dynamic. And Cardiff will be like that as loads won't be arsed with that at home given everything else so they'll be loads of spares floating around.

On the other hand, it's a perfect draw for progression, For all the mad narking about City getting to domestic finals and L'pool invariably out early, nobody ever really considers the luck of the draw is one of the most important factors to any Cup run. And pulling PL sides like we consistently have, whilst City invariably have dropped lucky with lower league trash, tell's its own, end story. Thankfully, this season, our luck appears to be changing in that regard so this draw, all things being equal, has me already looking at round 5.

As for today, comfortable, professional job done. Not great. Not particularly bad. Just comfortable. Even if 4 was a tad harsh on Shrewsbury for all their commitment. But F them for their divvy fans singing the tawdry Gerrard slip song. Like exactly WHAT does that have to do with you again? 🤦🏼‍♂️

Shout out to Tyler controlling yet again, And the young combo down the right of Bradley, who I thought was our best player on the day, and Gordon, who took his first senior goal superbly. And in front of the Kop too. Those are the three from the kids that started that you feel have a real chance of a good career here and all looked all the better again for another great development exercise against grown men in front of 50-odd thousand.

Yanno', for a team that supposedly has no squad, to be sat here in January still WELL in every competition we've entered must be some kind of weird fluke right? 🤷‍♂️

Roll on Thursday and the next leg of this special season in yet another different tourney.

Up the quadruple chasing Reds!

Last edited:
👏🏻👏🏻