The Liverpool Thread

Told ya he was next up.

You did Sir. So I’ve got up to speed ever since on him. Ta. 👍🏻

Just wasn’t planned for this window. But plans change. Ta Tottenham. 👊🏻

Proper ***** that FSG aye? Signing most every target Edwards and his team identify and Klopp is happy to wait for.

You did Sir. So I’ve got up to speed ever since on him. Ta. 👍🏻

Just wasn’t planned for this window. But plans change. Ta Tottenham. 👊🏻

Proper ***** that FSG aye? Signing most every target Edwards and his team identify and Klopp is happy to wait for.
Him and Jota can battle it out to be the long-term Mane replacement. Salah will play until his 40s lol so we will never need to replace the Egyptian king hopefully lmao. Firmino skill set is completely different so will be a lot harder to find someone who can do what he can. All in all cant complain.

Him and Jota can battle it out to be the long-term Mane replacement. Salah will play until his 40s lol so we will never need to replace the Egyptian king hopefully lmao. Firmino skill set is completely different so will be a lot harder to find someone who can do what he can. All in all cant complain.

The Fulham lad is boxed for the summer and I’d wager we’ll be shopping in either Dortmund or Monaco for the big midfield addition to round things out.

The Fulham lad is boxed for the summer and I’d wager we’ll be shopping in either Dortmund or Monaco for the big midfield addition to round things out.
Ain't watched much of the Fulham lad but if he is anything like Harvey we have a player on our hand. This is the only we can compete long term with these state and oligarch clubs imo. Consistent hidden gems and promoting youth. Helps having Klopp but this must be the long term plan going forward.

1643367462009.png

I’ll lay good money he extends beyond 2024 too.
Eh not so sure Klopp seems like the type to follow through on his words. It all depends on family etc... As the job is incredibly stressful and he might just want to retire after us.

Eh not so sure Klopp seems like the type to follow through on his words. It all depends on family etc... As the job is incredibly stressful and he might just want to retire after us.

Hearing things.

Besides, he's a long time retired and he's never felt as belonging as he openly does in the City and the football club. Which goes for his family too on the former.

Say's it all when he had such an affinity to Dortmund. We'll see how it develops and 2024 is a LONG way off. But that's where my money would go right now for whatever that's worth.

As a side note, I note the Parisian is still in Paris through another window running that contract out. But that conversation kettles heads so we'll swerve it. 😛

This isn't particularly for the education of anyone in here, as we don't tend to get the muppets. Just frustration to all the nonsense that's been spouted yet again all this month. And it's the mid-winter break so a good time to assess things .....

Absolutely brilliant how we've been steadily getting younger and putting together the next generation of Kloppo's L'pool through the market pretty much unnoticed by the media, opposition fans, and the multitude of trolls (who regularly infest the 'net and L'pool SM at large, screaming their utter twaddle to incite anyone that bites. Such is their inane, jealous want), since Kiev in 2018 yanno'.

Going into next season, we've 5 of those additions who'll be 26 or under. (Díaz- 25/ Elliott- 19/ Jota- 25/ Konaté- 23/ Tsimikas- 26.).

Along with Fabinho and Keïta at the perfect mid-age range, proven veteran bracket of 28 and 27 years of age respectively. (And, as of now, Minamino at 27 dependent on what happens there.).

With high hopes for Kaide Gordon at 17, Marcelo Pitaluga at 19, and Sepp van den Berg at 20, for the long term.

That's 10/11 players we've quietly bought into the club over the last 4 seasons, all who'll be 28 or under, going into next season, all who have been signed with a view to being a big part of the next generation of this side. Before you even get to the outstanding work going on at the Academy and what's augmenting the squad from there. (What a special bonus Tyler Morton (19) has been this term for example. From nowhere going into the pre-season, to now firmly being established as part of the first-team squad who can be relied on.). Or the established, proven young guns like Curtis, Trent, JMG etc.

And let's say the Fulham kid is added, as the word is that he's boxed already for the summer. That's another exciting 19 year old into the mix. And as (to anyone rationale even remotely following what's been happening), 2022 was always going to be the year we invested heavily, being as the pandemic set plans back a season or two (as they've always invested heavily when the need has arisen across the squad. Initially to get us back and sustained regularly in the CL. And then to take the next step and win it), it wouldn't be any surprise to see more top quality young players added like a Bellingham or a Tchouaméni.

This all completely flies in the face of the tired and completely false narrative that the squad has been neglected and allowed to get old/ not been built on, under Klopp. And how rivals have somehow passed us by. 🤦🏼‍♂️

To still maintain one of the top squads in World football and remain the ONLY serious competition to City, and the way they go around things to a completely different financial level, over the duration, whilst quietly adding bit by bit the bulk of the next evolution for the long term, is an absolute masterclass in squad building from Liverpool Football Club. (This Klopp/ Edwards/ FSG all being separate entities nonsense is just that. We are, and operate, as ONE! Not least on transfers. If you can't understand that by now you NEVER will at this point) and their top-notch recruitment system. Which is what underpins EVERYTHING here. What Edwards has set up, and what Julian Ward will, I have no doubt, move seamlessly on with and maybe even take to another level with his own little tweaks and ideas (absolutely superb to read the Díaz transfer has been run by him), is what will see this club competing at the very top LONG after Jürgen moves on. (And I don't think he's going anywhere in 2024 personally but that's a whole other discussion.).

Brick by brick, FSG have done what they do best. Whilst gathering the best minds across the club from top to bottom to focus on the football side. Taking them from a broad spectrum of other top clubs through to ex-NASA scientists. Their long term plan, now coming to fruition, shows in the development of the stadium and the infrastructure around it/ the World-class training facilities bringing everything together under one facility/ the massive marketing/ social media growth/ the World-class staff/ management team & squad/ the Academy that's really starting to bear fruit after the complete overhaul there just before Klopp's arrival under Inglethorpe and his 'quality over quantity' approach et al.

There are no 'overhauls', as the divvy's still scream, needed. Evolution is always needed and ongoing. That's a given. And we are now doing it in an intelligent way by bringing through/signing young talent, adding known quality to the squad that can still be developed at the right age, & mostly all under the radar and with the minimum fuss.

There are still some clubs that bow to their fans’ demands for the next marquee signing. But the fact that so many other clubs across Europe now are starting to model their business plan on ours is all the compliment and reinforcement you should need that we are already years ahead of many.

Literally, Liverpool Football Club has never been in better hands from top to bottom through our entire, storied history.

Soz abar us if doing it our way, the RIGHT way, is leaving all your (and I'm speaking to any jealous trolls there who may happen to be reading) football clubs behind.

Last edited:
Well, I was watching Fulham- Blackpool to run the rule over Carvalho before the summer. Who looks a ****** exciting kid BTW ..... For 15 mins or so. Then yet another 'medical emergency' occurred behind the goal and the game's been stopped/ players have been off for pushing a half hour now.

Getting WAY too regular and disturbing a situation this season. Fingers crossed the individual concerned comes through ok.

Darn Fenway and their continued lack of ambition …..

Welcome to the best City in the World mate. If you and your family don’t enjoy it here, you won’t enjoy it anywhere.

And welcome to the Liverpool family. You’re now a part of one of the best squads in World football. Overseen by a man who we think is the best manager in World football. Backed by the best supporters ANYWHERE, who will back you unconditionally, regardless of form, so long as you give every last drop you have for the shirt. I know because I’m one of them. And when those three things are together, we are an unstoppable force!

Welcome to the Independent Peoples Republic mate. Now get set for the hard work ahead.

See you Leicester.

We have a quadruple to win!

This should be a funday.

I fully expect the Fulham lad we had boxed for the summer to be done and loaned back to them now City are showing keen interest.

Along with Nat and maybe one other leaving.

For making deadline dY interesting, along with everything else, FSG OUT!!!!!