The Liverpool Thread

Get in! Norwich home in the next round!

As mundane as that is, it’s another safe passage. Makes a MASSIVE difference to a cup run if you get lucky with the draws. Just ask City!

And being at home the Wednesday after the LC final weekend is perfect,

Today’s admin-

Current unbeaten run all comps-
P 7 W 5 D 2 F 17 A 5 CS: 3

5th Round of the FA Cup boxed. ✅

Super dinner times entertainment in pretty much the perfect Cup tie.

Solid, totally dominant first half we should have been ahead in. That set up the really comfortable second after Cardiffs legs went the running they’d had to put in the first 45.

Elliott and Diaz getting a good 33 mins. The former scoring his first reds goal after 18 mins back. Perfect return after 5 LONG months out. The latter his first reds assist 11 mins in to his Anfield career. With a bonus 13 minutes for Thiago at the end. Really good display from Taki San too capped by yet another goal to keep up his excellent goals-to-game ratio this season. And, bar a mad rush off his line, another big step toward playing in an another big Cup final for Kelleher. Side note- A pleasant surprise for VAR to get all the big decisions correct. A booking right there. And never a penalty when the Cardiff lad threw himself into/ came across Konate.

Made up for Cardiff having the memory of a super goal to take away too after the disgrace of the telly making them get up at silly O’Clock to come up.

And now the perfect home draw to set up what should be a quarter-final berth.

Bring on the Tory’s Thursday!

Up the quadruple hungry Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Harvey Elliot is legitemely one of the best youngsters I've seen for his age. Sometimes you just know a player is gonna be a star and he will be. First touch, the quickness of his feet and the decision making is just absurd for his age. He would be commanding a 50mill plus fee if he went off to Dortmund and made his name instead we are about to rob poor fulham again.

Harvey Elliot is legitemely one of the best youngsters I've seen for his age. Sometimes you just know a player is gonna be a star and he will be. First touch, the quickness of his feet and the decision making is just absurd for his age. He would be commanding a 50mill plus fee if he went off to Dortmund and made his name instead we are about to rob poor fulham again.

And just how mature is he for his age?

Perfect package.

The next evolution of Kloppo’s reds is fixing to be as exciting as the current vintage.

Right, time to settle down for the AFCON final.

All the best to our African Kings.

Not arsed which one is victorious. Here’s to a boss game and no injury to either!

Felt for Salah, probably needed that Afcon win for that useless ballon d'or propaganda. Was rooting for Mane though after his earlier penalty miss and heartache. Goes to show how important it is playing for their country and those people that dismiss the afcon as unimportant.

4 straight 120 minute games the last 12 days, carrying the weight and expectations of not only a Nation, but a whole Continent on his shoulders, only to fall agonisingly short, would destroy lesser men.

But this is no lesser man

Physical phenom and a proper F leader!

That’s why he’s the best player on the planet. That elite attitude to his craft only the great ones have.

Brilliant to read the plaudits Sepp has been getting after another great outing for Preston the other night as he continues to be one of the best defenders in the Championship-

It'll be really interesting to see just where he's at come next pre-season after a year and a half of excellent development in the Championship through which he's come on leaps and bounds. With the newfound, added versatility to play as an attacking RB/ RWB aside from his more natural CH position he certainly didn't arrive with. Which can only go in his favour for sticking long term here. I wonder how that will affect how we plan for back-end depth in both positions?

I always revert back to when we signed him and Liverpool unveiled him as a first-team signing. At 17 years of age. Something they NEVER do with Academy players. He was always slated to be fast-tracked through after his breakthrough in Holland. (Was it Seedorf's record for the most Eredivisie games he broke by the age of 17? Something like that. But I digress .....).

All he needed was patience and time to fully settle to not only a different style of football. But his first time away from home. And in a completely new Country at that. The football intelligence and technical ability were there from the very beginning. He just looks a natural, ball-playing CH. Aesthetically elegant like most Dutch players tend to be. He just needed to add the physical side and grow that way. Which he's developed well with as he's grown at Preston. Gotten a lot stronger and more dominant in the air too the more experience he's got in the English game. (I've watched a good few Preston games in between ours as I'm really high on him if you can't tell haha.).

Still, a long way to go. And again, it will be telling this pre-season to see what leap forward he's made as to what we require day in, day out at the very highest level here.

But he's certainly on the right trajectory to be a long term member of the CH corp at Anfield.

Robbing bastards have taken £42 already for Norwich! Which is the Wednesday after the LC Final weekend! 🤬

Not that it would be right, but you could half understand charging full whack if it was a big side in the Cup. But against F Norwich. On a Wednesday night!!!!! ….. Shouldn't be any more than 30 notes at worst.

Not like we don’t have enough games to shell out for going for everything like!

*****!!!!! 🤬

Last edited:
1644428247908.png

Wonder whats the case with Siggy, not heard much progress in his court case. Crazy how much **** is pouring out.

Yeah, all very quiet on that.

He'll never play for Everton again, so off that, you presume what they know it's not looking good at all for him.

I don't normally put up Klopp's pressers, as entertaining and riveting as they often are, but I couldn't agree more in the extra here about the squad depth and going for all 4 trophies.

I think I can honestly say, IMHO, this is the strongest, deepest squad the clubs had in my 42-years going the game that's comparable to anything else out there. This is being born out in the club being in the best position on the pitch in February, in terms of still being seriously involved in challenging for everything they entered, that I can remember. The nearest to this was the first treble-winning season in '84. But we were out of the Cup at the end of January to Brighton and, albeit different times, that squad was nowhere as deep in proper quality as this.

We are well and truly going for a quadruple. And the team currently 12 points ahead as I type will not be resting easy with that lead. ANY other team chasing them they would. But they know exactly what we are capable of. As we do them. This title race is going ALL the way. City blinked first at Southampton. And needed Brentford mistakes in a nervy looking game last night. Let's see who blinks next .....

First up, giving a bunch of horrible Tory ***** the walloping they've LONG deserved.

Let's go win a league. One game at a time.

UTR! FTT!!!!!