The Liverpool Thread

Final won't be easy since they wrapped up the other campaigns and can be fresh and rested come game time.

AE12EDC7-D07B-4496-B531-B7AF6DAB5EFD.png

Not that it will make any difference to the money grabbing *****, but absolutely loving Jurgen fronting up and calling out the UEFA mafia for what they are.

I've had a lot worse days than waking up on the start of Cup Final week on top of the pile. A LOT worse days!

Today's/ Yesterday's Admin-

Title Countdown:
25 wins down/ 3 to go. (Adjusted from the 30 season win target to 28.).
83 points down/ 9 to go. (Adjusted from the 95 point season point target to 92.).

Liverpool-
P 35 PTS 83 F 87 A 23 GD + 64
City-
P 34 PTS 83 F 84 A 21 GD + 63

Current Unbeaten League Run-
16 games: W 13 D 3 F 37 A 7 CS: 11.

Well that was a frustrating, but far from terminal, evening. One of those where the final ball/ luck of the run of the ball, was just a smidgeon off. A game we overall completely dominated. We absolutely suffocated Tottenham who had to work so hard just to reach half way. But without ever looking like we'd convincingly come out winners down to how well Tottenham defended. Just didn't put Tottenham's proper weak link, Lloris, under enough pressure. Fair F's to Tottenham. They came desperately needing something for their own top 4 ends. And they fought tooth and nail for that. I don't particularly care for his style of football, but lest we forget Antonio Conte is a top 5 manager in world football. Who had a full week to drill a game plan into his side in a game they couldn't afford to lose. They carried that out and got what they came for. So fair play to them for that. No real complaints at what could well turn out to be another vital point on the road to #20. If you can't win, make sure the least you get is a point. And we did that again for a ridiculous 33rd time out of 35 games this season. (Or 39 games out of 41 if you include the other thing you play for points in. The CL group stage.). City played this exact same game a few months back. Dominating to the same level we did yesterday without finding the winning goals. But they ultimately lost the game in injury time. We didn't.

As I was mooching around SM before bed last night, it always amuses me the amount of absolutely pathetic cryarsing that goes on when L'pool have the absolute temerity to NOT win a game of football! 👀🙄

Unless you class the excellent draw at City, the only other side in world football remotely on our level, as 'dropping points', that's the first points they've dropped since the turn of this calendar year that started with another excellent, if albeit frustrating, point at the third best team in this league. Chelsea. A year which is now in MAY! That's PHENOMENAL form, that has seen City blinking three times already in that span. Once to Tottenham at home where they failed to get anything from the game. Let alone the point L'pool made sure they took away from the same opponents last night. Form that has seen a 14 point deficit be completely overhauled to now, as I type, sitting on top of the pile with 3 games to play. FIVE wins behind City to now leading them. And folk want to nark about a draw that takes them top of the league? 🤦🏼‍♂️

And don't get me started on folk chatting utter wham about L'pool's most productive player not just this season, but over the entire 5 he's been here. Productivity that's been Messi/ Ronaldo-esq. In a FAR tougher league than they racked up their ridiculous numbers. Or the lame, tired, COMPLETELY false narrative that L'pool struggle against low block teams when the odd occasion they fail to take maximum points against one happens. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I don't know .....

Maybe it's because I'm exceptionally fortunate to be sat here looking forward to going to what is always a boss away on Tuesday night at Villa, followed by what was always the childhood dream of going to Wembley for the FA Cup Final for a day out to see your team hopefully take home the biggest domestic cup prize in the world. With a long 4 days in Gay Paree to follow less than two weeks later to see your team in the biggest game in world football for the biggest prize of all. With the continued excitement of a last 3 game shoot-out and, potentially another massive party the last home game against Wolves in-between our 2nd and 3rd cup finals of the season.

Maybe it's a combination of natural Scouse exuberance and 100% faith and belief in a historical gang of Reds who are having the season of season's to sit on top of the rest of the Country this Sunday morning STILL seriously going for everything they entered at the start of the season!

But I sure as heck know drawing at home to Tottenham to maintain a quadruple charge isn't going to dampen my mood and all that we have to look forward to over the next three weeks!

Over to City. They've blinked three times in 2022 when nobody expected it. And as their massive bottle job in Madrid showed Wednesday night, they are more than capable of blinking again over the last 4!

*Sings 'Lib'pool, Top the League, Lib'pool, Lib'pool Top the League!'

Up the frustrated but FAR from down Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Excl. Liverpool have bought out the sell on clause from Kaide Gordon’s transfer from Derby County. #LFC Been told Liverpool & Derby County have agreed £500,000 for the removal of the 20% sell on clause which appeared in the original deal.

Excl. Liverpool have bought out the sell on clause from Kaide Gordon’s transfer from Derby County. #LFC Been told Liverpool & Derby County have agreed £500,000 for the removal of the 20% sell on clause which appeared in the original deal.

Fall-out from Derby's financial mess.

I suppose that must happen more often, but I've never actually seen something like that reported before here.

I believe Tottenham are now the 12th club that's apologised, either directly, or through supporters groups, for their fans gutter dwelling behaviour at Anfield this season-

I just can't wait to hear 'Murderers/ 97 wasn't enough!/ Always the victims' et al again Saturday after going through that at Wembley already this season against Chelsea.

But woe betide ourselves when we drown out the National anthem of a Country we have absolutely NO relation to, who actively encourage this level of despicable abuse against Scousers from the highest reaches of Government on down, with YNWA.

The hypocrisy at all levels of society toward us is on another level.

And Guardiola and his delusions think the Country are behind a L'pool title triumph. 🤦🏼‍♂️

just seen the pep interview wtf is wrong with that guy

Madness isn’t it? I mean that was completely unprovoked and unrelated to what he was asked. But the first thing he does is bring up L’pool. And this time in a highly insulting and totally classless way.

We aren’r just under his skin mate. He’s completely obsessed with us .

Madness isn’t it? I mean that was completely unprovoked and unrelated to what he was asked. But the first thing he does is bring up L’pool. And this time in a highly insulting and totally classless way.

We aren’r just under his skin mate. He’s completely obsessed with us .
It reminds me of a certain outburst by a Newcastle manager a few years back and we all know what happened then, however, I think the league will be going to the last game of the season once again.