The Liverpool Thread

ahhh ******* moyes you couldnt go for the winner could ya. ill take it though, sends it to the final day if we can bop the saints on tuesday.

ahhh ******* moyes you couldnt go for the winner could ya. ill take it though, sends it to the final day if we can bop the saints on tuesday.
Moyes **** his pants when they went 2-0 up and then decided to hang on for dear life and should of lost. That was your chance you needed and WH bottled it.

Moyes **** his pants when they went 2-0 up and then decided to hang on for dear life and should of lost. That was your chance you needed and WH bottled it.

Nah. City are just levels above them.

Absolutely zero problem with West Ham today. They did more than enough,

1652641006978.png

Anyway I'd love if Lewy instead of going to failing Barca could reunite with Kloppo, but it would probably blow up your wage structure. :confused:

Anyway I'd love if Lewy instead of going to failing Barca could reunite with Kloppo, but it would probably blow up your wage structure. :confused:

Unless someone big leaves, which isn't happening, L'pool won't be signing any forwards mate.

Unless there's a surprise signing, what they've done already with Carvalho from Fulham, and the Aberdeen FB and Monaco midfielder would be a perfect enough window.

The Daily Third Reich making this front page news yesterday was hilarious enough, but again today ..... STILL! TWO days after. 🤣🤣🤣 Beautiful.

1652700829040.png

DBFB351A-1398-4838-83D8-B3A3DD954873.jpeg

Praise the Lord that was the last midweek away. Just over 3 hours sleep is NOT good!

Today's Admin-

Title Countdown:
27 wins down/ 1 to go. (Adjusted from the 30 season win target to 28.).
89 points down/ 3 to go. (Adjusted from the 95 point season point target to 92.).

City-
P 37 PTS 90 F 96 A 24 GD + 72
Liverpool-
P 37 PTS 89 F 91 A 25 GD + 66

Current Unbeaten League Run-
18 games: W 15 D 3 F 42 A 9 CS:11.

2 straight wins PL.

What another fabulous night following this historical Red machine.

Getting absolutely drenched just before going in, made worse by one of the most officious and thorough searches in a long time (Did all the pyro at Wembley worry them? 😛) didn't dampen any spirits.

Going a ludicrous goal behind early that should never have stood (you didn't need VAR to tell you what your own eyes had witnessed), didn't dampen any spirits.

Having a bunch of Southern Tory **** over the divide try to call you out over the National Anthem, and then preceded to hammer home the reason why by going on to sing about 'Paying our benefits' et al in proper Tory behaviour, most certainly didn't dampen any spirits and the party mood. That was just base hilarity and absolutely superb music to your ears. (The NA fume.). I sincerely hope that becomes a thing and we get that from every other fanbase next year to show them all up for the ignorant, uneducated, morally bankrupt oafs they are.

And coming away with yet another superb 3 points, which still leaves the title firmly in City's hands, didn't dampen anyones spirits.

I mean how could ANYTHING when your 2021/ 2022 Liverpool Football Club side are THIS historically awesome? You just need to look at the top of this post and the season long title countdown I've been doing game-by-game. The average over the last 5 seasons to win the league was 30 wins/ 95 points. That's the ridiculous level ourselves and City have raised the bar to. On Sunday, if we beat Wolves, we'll have come within 2 wins of the former. And 3 points of the later. Putting up the 7th highest points total in the 125 season's of the English top flight. And 3rd highest in our esteemed history. And they'll have ONLY dropped points in 3 games through the second half of the season. To the other three teams currently making up the top 4. Incredible consistency.

Even if we fall short by a point Sunday to the only other football club on the planet anywhere near our ridiculous level, it will be a day of massive celebration regardless. Because natural disappointment aside, how can anyone honestly be upset with them for such stupendous levels of consistency? And that's before you factor in playing every single game they possibly could this season and reaching the final of every competition they entered. Which will end up anywhere from yet another double winning season to a historically perfect quadruple one.

Super performance last night from a nearly completely changed side. Southampton were completely suffocated and couldn't get out of their half for long spells. The mental fortitude and ridiculous fitness levels are a big reason as to why we are where we are. Just LEVELS above every other side below us.

Special shout out to 3 youngsters-

Konaté wasn't just utterly brilliant and dominant in his all round game yet again. He's turning into a proper leader at the tender age of 22 in his first year here. He was the senior voice back there organising and leading. Wild to think Matip has been our most consistent and best CH over the course of the season. And Ibou's performances since Christmas have elevated him to a higher level than even Joël.

Curtis Jones. Ran our man mountain of a CH close for man of the match. Utterly dominant, controlling display in the middle where he never stopped working for the team. He set the tempo, barely giving the ball away and being as dominant in winning it back as anyone the few times Southampton did have possession. And he kept it up all game. How people fail to see this lads qualities and what he brings is utterly beyond me. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Like Trent, he'll be a lifer at this football club. And even if that will be as just a reliable squad player, that will be more than sound enough. The pride in your own, a young, 21-year-old Scouser, with not even 50 PL games under his belt yet who is still developing in the best side in the World, which many madly forget, whilst still being WELL ahead of his development curve at this stage, playing his own major part in a historical season just can't be topped.

And take a bow Harvey Elliott. Yeah, he drifted at times and had some ropey moments getting back up to the pace of the game. But in context to how long he's been out, that was another brilliant display from another outstanding young player. With his superb technique around the box and ability to find pockets of space in tight areas, it allowed the constant pressure we piled on in retaining the ball high. Rather than looking for that over the top. And Southampton just couldn't cope. Take a bow and well earned rest today mate. You earned it.

And I'm going to give myself and everyone else down the South coast a pat on the back if you'll allow. These last few months have been financially crippling I won't lie. The season ticket money for next season has had to be found. On top of the the relentless charge across Europe and at home in the pursuit of historical excellence. Culminating in a European Cup final weekend that's already proved way trickier and way more expensive than ever it should have been. But, yet again, after having to take another half days holiday, and the expense of getting down there, the team received relentless, superb vocal backing last night at the other end of the Country that didn't see our car anyway how until pushing 3 in the AM. Superb guys and girls ..... It's what we do and we wouldn't have the success we are having without us.

So now we go to the last day decider. What will be will be but I couldn't be happier or prouder that we've taken a team backed by a whole State to the absolute wire. For all the opposition hoping City win (How's that going again Pep? All the L'pool support and that? 🤦🏼‍♂️), they forget that without Klopp's mighty Redmen, there'd be NO opposition to them and the league would have been won back in February. And lest we forget, we came from 14 points behind to reach this stage.

Yeah, immense PRIDE is the word whatever happens Sunday. It's been one heck of an exhilarating ride yet agin this season and an absolute privilege to share it with them.

And the best part may yet be to come ..... 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Up the tired but utterly buzzing travelling Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, too much but I'll allow it for now. But please mellow it down a bit, there were some wonderful Everton fans in this forum.