The Liverpool Thread

Instead of that lad from Monaco?

Oh, that rumour. ‘If’ he’s going to Madrid, and L’pool thought they had him so I wouldn’t take anything as red out of France or Spain, then 🤷🏼‍♂️ They’ll move onto whomever they have picked out if they want one. Bellingham is seemingly close to being boxed from Birmingham so maybe they move next summer forward a window and go get his big brother now?

Dunno’. They'll be sound whatever they do but right now, all that concerns me is Sat’day evening.

How da F did Eddie Howe make the short list? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Spent £85 million or so to finish 4 points and one place above where Bruce finished last season.

Anyway, superb and richly deserved Jürgen. You win on Saturday evening you've had well arguably the greatest season in English football history.

I like how all the major honours properly went this season.

Mo deserved the Football Writers award which s voted on earlier.

De Bruyne deserved the players award which is voted later.

And no issue with Foden bagging the YPOTY.

Alisson is the best goalie in the World by some distance so the golden gloves were fitting.

And how can you begrudge the brilliant Son tying with Mo for top scorer?

With Mo's top assister in the league award narking all the divvy's who claim he's greedy and selfish.

Pure comedy.

Context. 9 minutes from winning everything whilst playing in every single possible game. All but 2 of which had something on them. And up against whole Countrys home and abroad.

Don't believe you ever had to deal with/ came close to that.

Context. 9 minutes from winning everything whilst playing in every single possible game. All but 2 of which had something on them. And up against whole Countrys home and abroad.

Don't believe you ever had to deal with/ came close to that.
Context, you won 2 cups on pens. And you haven't won the league. There's no way this is even close to the greatest anything.

Exactly what difference does winning something on penalties make again? 🤦🏼‍♂️

So if the league had been added it would make ALL the difference? Is that out of the same school as the 'proper' treble nonsense?

That's a very linear view.

We're the most successful football club in this Country and if we add another European Cup in 4 days time, this will, IMHO, be the greatest season we've ever had. And I can't see as that's open to debate.

When another team has added their third treble and come within 9 minutes of football perfection, putting up 92 points in the process, competing against whole Country funded clubs home and abroad, playing every single possible game of football they could in a season (Which I believe has only been done once before. By L'pool in 2001), with, again, 61 of those 63 games having something on it (the only two that didn't were the 2 dead rubber CL group games after they'd qualified), losing what, 3 of those games, I'll see your point. That's historically phenomenal in anyones language.

Unless you just roll with no league title. Each to their own.

think some 1 needs to give there head a wobble would love to win 2 cups on pens **** 1 would be nice

Yeah for me it doesn’t matter if you win on peons or by 10 nil or 1-0 a wins a win and a trophy is a trophy. But for me the league is the big one. And until someone betters what the 99 team did that achievement will always remain top imo. But gotta hand it to Pool it’s still a ****** good season no matter what happens this weekend.

think some 1 needs to give there head a wobble would love to win 2 cups on pens **** 1 would be nice
I think you need a context. I would love to win a International Audi Cup, but that's not the point. Scouse said that if Liverpool wins the CL, that they are the arguably club with the best season in English history.

Exactly what difference does winning something on penalties make again? 🤦🏼‍♂️
Exactly what 9 minutes have with winning something?

So if the league had been added it would make ALL the difference? Is that out of the same school as the 'proper' treble nonsense?

That's a very linear view.
Who said that? Treble is a treble, but not all trebles are the same.

We're the most successful football club in this Country and if we add another European Cup in 4 days time, this will, IMHO, be the greatest season we've ever had. And I can't see as that's open to debate.
Maybe for Liverpool, dunno.

When another team has added their third treble and come within 9 minutes of football perfection, putting up 92 points in the process, competing against whole Country funded clubs home and abroad, playing every single possible game of football they could in a season (Which I believe has only been done once before. By L'pool in 2001), with, again, 61 of those 63 games having something on it (the only two that didn't were the 2 dead rubber CL group games after they'd qualified), losing what, 3 of those games, I'll see your point. That's historically phenomenal in anyones language.

Unless you just roll with no league title. Each to their own.
Again, you keep talking about 9 minutes, but refuse to take into consideration that you won 2 titles on pens. Both are fine margins. I am not saying winning something on pens is a bad thing.

Context is all your friends.

Again, when any team has taken a season all the way against this, State funded opposition, home and abroad, get back to me.

Until then we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Jup, cant really compare to 1998–99

I would hope not as that was a completely different era and doesn’t happen in this one with the ridiculous levels and financial might at play now.

Thats the context.

Or you can run with our first treble winners in ‘84 as having the greatest ever L’pool season as the league is all encompasing apparently.

‘All trebles are different’ is a belter.

Attempt is one thing, getting it is another thing. Second or losing in semis/finals ultimately wont matter

League CupFA CupLeagueChampions LeagueBid ended
Liverpool (2021-22)WonWonSecondFinal vs Real MadridWill last till at least May 22
Chelsea (2006-07)WonWonSecondSemi-finalsMay 1
Man Utd (2008-09)WonSemi-finalsWonRunners-upApril 19
Man City (2018-19)WonWonWonQuarter-finalsApril 17
Man City (2020-21)WonSemi-finalsWonRunners-upApril 17

I would hope not as that was a completely different era and doesn’t happen in this one with the ridiculous levels and financial might at play now.

Thats the context.

Or you can run with our first treble winners in ‘84 as having the greatest ever L’pool season as the league is all encompasing apparently.

‘All trebles are different’ is a belter.

Really? I'd argue what Chelsea and Abramovich did is much more impactful than what City is doing. He's the one who started the "sugar daddy" trend, and United not only went toe to toe, they were even more successful.

Attempt is one thing, getting it is another thing. Second or losing in semis/finals ultimately wont matter

League CupFA CupLeagueChampions LeagueBid ended
Liverpool (2021-22)WonWonSecondFinal vs Real MadridWill last till at least May 22
Chelsea (2006-07)WonWonSecondSemi-finalsMay 1
Man Utd (2008-09)WonSemi-finalsWonRunners-upApril 19
Man City (2018-19)WonWonWonQuarter-finalsApril 17
Man City (2020-21)WonSemi-finalsWonRunners-upApril 17

It won’t if you if have a linear, insular view of winning three and not 4. With the league all encompassing. Whilst completely ignoring the unprecedented era of abnormal levels of football consistency we are in and the financial power of the opposition. Aside from playing every single possible game with all but 2 of them having something on them et al.

If I was of that opinion, then L’pool’s first treble winning season in ‘84 would be the clubs greatest as that included league and European Cup. But I aren’t as that side had nothing like the opposition to battle against and the historical levels to consistently to hit week in, week out, as this one has.

We’ll have to agree to disagree but a win Saturday evening tops any other individual season in L’pool’s history for me and stands comparison/ has a serious argument, as the best individual season any clubs ever had with the context around it for me.

Last edited:
Really? I'd argue what Chelsea and Abramovich did is much more impactful than what City is doing. He's the one who started the "sugar daddy" trend, and United not only went toe to toe, they were even more successful.

Behave mate aye. This one isn’t open to debate.

City have taken that to a whole other level financially. And with L’pol pushing them consistently, both clubs have raised the bar to absurd levels. You have to get 90 plus points to even be in contention for the league now. Its off the charts mental that dwarfs any other era. You just DRAW a game through the season and it now feels like a defeat. Thats the levels these two are running ar. And it will be the exact same next season between those two. And the season after.

That doesn’t diminish at all the Utd/ Arsenal, Utd/ Chelsea PL battles. Or any of Utd’s silverware out of them.

But there’s no comparison to the current financial might of certain teams (and the goes in Europe too with PSG), with Newcastle now disgracefully set to be allowed down the same road. Or the hostorical levels of mad consistency never before seen in English football from two clubs.

Last edited:
Anyway, related to the weekend, I’m pretty **** disappointed with Liverpool over the bus parade Sunday. Which happens to fall upon one of the darkest days in our history. May 29th, 1985 and the tragic events at the Heysel Stadium in Brussels.

I understand the reasons why.

But I’m totally against this and I’m no less disappointed personally. Not having a parade. That needs to happen regardless. We’ve two trophies in the bag already that need parading. Let alone missing out last time through the pandemic. But the date is what doesn't sit right at all.

Liverpool, the Council and everyone else involved just haven’t read the room at all for me. At best, to be having a massive party and be seen to be celebrating on the day 39 deaths are being mourned, that we played a massive part in, is a terrible look. At worst, it’s completely crass and insensitive. (And the club holding its own remembrance in the morning doesn't negate from that.).

It would be like Forest having a party on the 15th. I’d be disgusted and calling them all sorts with that. I’d expect nothing more from Turin and further afield Sunday.

I’m normally gutted to miss the parade after a European Final as we’re still away. As we are this Sunday in Paris. That just is what it is. And I get the issues with finding a date this year with International's et al.

But holding it on May 29th just doesn’t sit at all right with me personally and is a terrible look to send around the World.