The Liverpool Thread

Trying to get excited about the fixtures coming out tomorrow. But as I'm fully expecting a complete whitewash later in the day from the conclusion of the French Senate hearings, it's taking all the gloss off that excitement.

4 - Liverpool are the first team in top-flight history to face a newly promoted side in their first league game of the season in four consecutive seasons (Norwich in 2019-20, Leeds in 2020-21, Norwich in 2021-22, Fulham in 2022-23).

Bar quite possibly Jobe Bellingham, as a pre-curser to the big one next summer, thats a superb end to a superb window on in comings.
We need a midfielder yesterday as Fab is the only one with quality that isn't injury prone. Thiago, Hendo, Naby are not reliable enough over a season imo. Then again it gives a chance for Curtis, Elliot and the incoming Carvalho to stake a claim. If the incoming signing in 2023 for a midfielder is Bellingham then its worth the wait. I'd rather get in quality then a stopgap for a year.

We need a midfielder yesterday as Fab is the only one with quality that isn't injury prone. Thiago, Hendo, Naby are not reliable enough over a season imo. Then again it gives a chance for Curtis, Elliot and the incoming Carvalho to stake a claim. If the incoming signing in 2023 for a midfielder is Bellingham then its worth the wait. I'd rather get in quality then a stopgap for a year.

Completely disagree on immediate need.

I can see Henderson dropping back into a rotation with Fabulous in the 6 role. And Naby, who was consistently brilliant in both dual roles he was asked to play by the manager next year, going up another level as things get tweaked slightly next year and he becomes the main man interplaying with Darwin,. That’ll be your top three next year. Fabinho, Thiago, Keita. With Curtis and Elliott continuing their development with more game time. Which Harvey would have had last year were it not for injury. Then, the likes of Milner and Morton filling it out with Bobby and Carvalho also more than capable of dropping back dependent on formation and tactics.

That to me is totally sound as a group. As they showed last season.

I just think you do nothing to affect funds for Bellingham. Who is on a Gerrard trajectory to me. His ceiling is that high. And if they are prepared to wait a year, ala every other time they’ve identified the very best and waited, then it says to me they have sound assurances from both club and player a deal will get done and he only wanta to come to one place.

1655406171344.png

Last edited:
@_pauljoyce
Liverpool and Bayern Munich reach agreement on Sadio Mane deal. Guaranteed fee of £27.5million [€32million], plus £5million based on appearances and £2.6million based on individual and team achievements. The total package is worth £35.1million [€41million].