The Liverpool Thread

But injuries are not new thing. It is reoccuring battern. Squad players who are injury free still improve. I am still trying to see what Keita offers, he has maybe few flashes in a game but then dissapears. Tielemans for 25-30mil would be very good addition to your midfield, just an example. PL proven, and sure will get enough time in PL and CL to be happy with playing best coach and players.

Tielmans wouldn’t last 60 mins a game withall the ridiulous workload we ask of our midfield. Who basically facilitate everything else. Aside from him not being anything like CL quality IMHO, he’s gassed and puffing most Leicester games. He’s be proper F with us!

Side note- Which is where you may be going wrong on Keita. They’ve deconstructed his game and built him back up in the Wijnaldum vain. The same way we deconstructed the flamboyant 10 we bought from Newcastle in Gini and turned him into the engine room 8 we did.

If you expect him to flash like he did at RBL, you’ll forever be disappointed as, unless he’s playing on the right of centre, and has more of an attacking role, that won’r happen. He is, however, highly consistent when playing the new left hand sided 8 role the designed for him last year. Far more defensive, with his base MO to cover others, cut out passing lanes, win it and give it simoly. Facilitating our main attacking outlets.

After an hour of mooching round L’pool Twitter/ SM, I don’t think I’ll bother going the match Sat’day.

I mean if we aren’t even getting top 4 now and the seasons done after THREE games, what’s the point? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Mon the F Gers! 🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺

1 in 4 chance we’re going Glasgow.
1 in 4 chance we’re going Lisbon.

Liking those odds.

Normally gutted to not have a new ground to go at this stage. But right now with holidays and finances considering the mad state of all 3 group aways by the start of November, that will do to start the LC defence. Lot of PL clubs going out early whatever happens.

Proper old school rivalry/ hatred game too.

Roger Davies loving *****!

Made up with Glasgow and Amsterdam. Two boss trips.

Town will be proper mad when Rangers come down. And L’pool/ Ajax is a proper European tie.

But Naples can F do one! You couldn’t pay me enough to EVER go back to that shithole cesspit of inhumanity!

Aside from it being a complete non-story, I can’t believe theres actual L’pool fans that want us to sign de Jong.

He’s spent all summer telling Utd he’s bot interested in leaving Barcelona. But yeah, let’s go WELL over pay for a very good but fsr from great player who’s heart would be in Barcelona. 🤦‍♂️

Aside from it being a complete non-story, I can’t believe theres actual L’pool fans that want us to sign de Jong.

He’s spent all summer telling Utd he’s bot interested in leaving Barcelona. But yeah, let’s go WELL over pay for a very good but fsr from great player who’s heart would be in Barcelona. 🤦‍♂️
Well Klopp has come out and said he was wrong about the need for a midfield reinforcement. So maybe no smoke without fire?

Well that was a day …..

Finally got confirmation of the European dates early so Amsterdam now all boxed. Rangers we’ll do there and back on the day. Naples can proper get to ****!!!!!

Heavy session in town following that with some of the Belgium lads over. Which I’ve reluctantly had to pull myself away from now due to an early start tomorrow. (So apologies if this is typo filled as I’m slightly bevvied.).

And then this ridiculous gang of Reds finally arriving on the 2022/23 PL season to start their title assault ….. Although to be fair, as sure as I am the first two happened, I’m unclear on
the later as I’ve constantly read across SM we have ’no midfield/ no chance of top 4/ could well lose to Bournemouth/ Klopp is clueless and stubborn’ et al over the past three weeks. So I’m unclear if I was actually at such a supreme showing of Red dominance given how seemingly inept this L’pool side is ….. 👀🤷🏼‍♂️

Today’s Admin-

Title Countdown:
1 wins down/ 29 to go.
5 points down/ 90 go.

Current Unbeaten League Run-
P 1 W 1 F 9 A 0 CS: 1

This doesn’t apply to our little community here, but honestly, anyone else reading, regular poster/ L’pool fan or not, who have been screaming the same about a league season being done after 3 games, give your collective, seriously F up, reactionary, cry arsing heads a PROPER F wobble! Or better still, just stay WELL away from a keyboard and stop embarrassing the living P out of every last one of us until you can stop knee-jerking to football normality!

Today just reemphasised just what an outstanding football team you are privileged to follow. A team that absolutely destroyed City the CS. Then had the temerity to have a bad start to the league season. But who clicked today to devastating effect to put that behind them and get back to the serious business of the title assault on #20. A poor first three games, when there’s 35 to go, doesn’t suddenly change us from one of the two best sides in World football to some of the absolute codswallop that’s been written about them lately. So think on aye before your next cringe rant and remember just what you have here.

Thankfully, right from the boozers before, through the buzz in the ground pre-game, not one of 50,000 odd thousand reds at the match lost faith or belief in what was a great atmosphere throughout aside from the historic outcome. It’s utterly mad reading the WAY OTT reactions through the week across SM. And then seeing lived testimony to a completely different outlook and unwavering belief and support at the match. And boy did our superb football team respond witb a spectacular display that deserved the double figures I’ve still yet to see at the game from L’pool. (Today was my second 9-0. I will get 10 at some point darn it! 😡).

Outstanding display from back to front. And no less in midfield which we seemingly have 1 legged donkeys playing going off the numpties shouts. 🤦‍♂️ And to get a chance of 20 mins to both a 16 and 17-year-old for their debuts was the icing on the cake. And the team camaraderie when both Harvey and Carvalho scored their maiden goals, with every last one of them congratulating him, was utterly boss to see. Loved our picture perfect captain’s t-shirt message at the end too. (God rest little one. YNWA.).

Just too many sublime, flawless displays to pick any one individual out. But how mad is it to score 9 and Mo to not assist or score 1?!!!!! 👀👀

Superb way to get out our funk and silence the reactionary divvies.

Roll on Newcastle and more of the same!

Up Jurgens Finished Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Clearly last week's result gave them the kickstart they required, mind you the Arsenal fans I know still seem to think the season is already over...

Clearly last week's result gave them the kickstart they required, mind you the Arsenal fans I know still seem to think the season is already over...

🤣🤣🤣

Seriously, is there a more delusional fanbase that flip-flops from one result to another as Arsenal’s?

They won’t even be the top team in North London come May in all likelihood. Let alone top the league. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣

Seriously, is there a more delusional fanbase that flip-flops from one result to another as Arsenal’s?

They won’t even be the top team in North London come May in all likelihood. Let alone top the league. 🤦‍♂️
That said you have to let the poor Londoners have a little excitement in their boring lives, it's like letting Everton fans believe they are a big club still.

Just because I’m a history buff. Or something. 😛

1661690272015.jpeg