The Liverpool Thread

Wholeheartedly agreed.

LONG may Lilliput continue to be down one of its citizens in Salford.

I suspect VVD's defending style was inspired by the great Bruce Lee.

The reason this bloke he never got dribbled is because people dribble to win space and he just gives that up for free. 🤷‍♂️

I’m feeling surprisingly fresh after what turned into a fun, if drunken, night after that utter ***** from Jurgens schizophrenic Reds. So lets do this.

Today’s/ Yesterday’s Admin-

Title Countdown (Relegation Countdown to follow around the end of January the way this is going 🤦‍♂️):
4 wins down/ 26 to go.
16 points down/ 78 to go. (Adjusted ALREADY from the season’s target of 95 points to 94! After 12 games! 🤣).

Mo Salah.
Total:-
Games: 272
Goal Involvements: 230
Goals- 167
Assists- 63

League-
Games: 192
Goal Involvements: 171
Goals- 122
Assists- 49

I’m putting up Mo’s continued, phenomenal stats, to both take something positive into this Sunday. And to deal with the absolute nonsense that he ’Isn’t contributing/ Isn’t arsed since his new contract/ Should never have been extended’ etc ad nauseam. Was he great yesterday? By no means. He was as P poor as everyone else bar the two FB’s. Manager included. But there's nothing really wrong in what he’s doing. He’s working his backside off still. He’s scoring regularly. (18 games/ 11 goals/ 5 assists on the year.). Created more big chances than any other PL player this season. It’s just the utter carnage behind him and the constant altering of his position and what he does best that’s leading to this mad perception that Mo is somehow at fault. He isn’t. He’s the very least of our worries. Stop it.

I don’t know where to begin with said utter carnage on the pitch. I mean Leeds, F Leeds!, who, like Forest the previous week are a knocking bet to go down, FULLY deserved to win at a strangely subdued Anfield. (More about that in a moment.). Yet their goalkeeper was the deserved clear MOTM! How do those 2 things even happen?!!!!! 🤦‍♂️

We are continuing to play like F Santa on the Gary Ablet'ts. Whizzing round like lunatics handing out presents like nobody’s business. Blame Joe for the first. Blame Alisson. There was an equal F up from both for that shocking blame to be shared. Own it. The winner was just absolutely farcical from back to front. Ending with Virgil putting in the most half arsed of half arsed challenges in the history of half arsed challenges! And we handed Leeds umpteen other hand wrapped gifts like nobodies business! F knows what the formation was ’supposed’ to be again? 🤷🏼‍♂️The shapes non-existent. It’s becoming more and more clear the players don’t know where they are supposed to be right now which is leading to SO many misplaced passes as they are going on 7-years muscle memory to now madly having EVERYTHING change. Where was the left hand side last night? AndyRobbo is bombing past two/ three players and there’s absolutely NOTHING ahead of him! No left mid. No winger. No Darwin half the time. NOTHING! When Henderson’s not in the side (and seemingly he can’t go 2 games in a row now! What's all that about?), nobody drops in and covers. Trent had a good outing last night like Robbo. Both ends of the park. But Thiago wasn’t arsed to drop in and cover him. Klopp's making mad subs to go along with the mad systemic changes. It’s just going from one extreme to the other game-to-game …..

Its pointless scapegoating individuals as they are collectively a humongous mess. We are just going to have to ride this through and hope the effectively ‘new’ season starting in December is 100% better than the last one! 😡

This is all getting the vibes of Rafa’s sides right now. A side that can turn it on when they want and beat anyone. But not consistently. And when its bad, its PROPER bad! But the plus side of all that is also proper getting the 2005 vibe where Europe will save the season as we look as strong as ever in our competition. Looking like that is the one they tune in and come alive to the point where you fear absolutely nobody in the CL. Domestically however …..

And like Rafa’s sides, its starting to permeate through to the crowd. Not in a dissenting manner. The absolute nonsense on-line couldn’t be further from the attitude at the match. But more a ‘meh’ reaction yanno’? Knowing we’re going through this unexplainable situation domestically, as frustrating as it is. But also knowing you’ve boss European trips and nights to look forward to that could well lead all the way to Istanbul in June. Because that's how we roll. Like Madrid, we come alive in that competition and everyone knows it. Again, all smacks of how the crowd went uner Rafa. And he never lost us just like there's absolutely NO fear of Jurgen EVER losing us now. So all the absolute divvies calling for him to go are screaming into their own void on-line and aren’t worth anyone's time of day.

But we DO need to get out of our apathetic slump at the match and play our part once more in helping our lads out. It can’t be rocking and wild against City and then flat as that horrid Danish lager against Leeds. Long hated F Leeds of all teams! 🤬

But back to that growing belief in Europe ….. You may not get it. And I understand if you don’t. You may think everything is doom and gloom and we should be constantly narking about anything and everything. And I fully understand that. And believe me, we pulled L’pool apart last night and called them worse than ***** in many instances after the game. Not least in just HOW much Leeds outworked us which is TOTALLY unacceptable. We aren’t soft and we know when things aren’t right. And things are F awful right now most games. But it’s not in out nature to be down. It’s not how this City ticks. And the more you throw **** at us and the team that represents us, the more we’ll champion them and tell yers all to F do one!

So the internet and SM can politely stick its ’happy clappers/ red tinted glasses/ insert other Scouse slight here’ up its hole when we finish dissecting the team and turn to being positive about things and having a great, laugh filled end to the night like I had with mates last night to leave me feeling fresh and sound this AM. We are in this together and all we have is each other to see us through the hard times. It’s how we have always rolled and how we always will. Being down isn’t in our nature.

Soz abar us if you don’t UNDERSTAND us and our continued belief and pride in our team.

Even if they can F RIGHT off with performances like last night!!!!!

Up the Reds. FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
BTW, is every no-mark club coming to r's all season going to embarrass themselves with renditions of the National Anthem? The irony of the Leeds meffs belting that out and 'In-ger-lund, In-ger-lund, In-ger-lund', followed by 'We're Yorkshire's Republican Army ..... ' was comedy gold standard irony.

You aren't narking at us lads. It's just cringe funny listening to yers thinking you are. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
It's been said MANY times before, but Jurgen Norbert Klopp Esq .....

..... PROPER F Scouser! 💪🏻

EAB534F6-E242-4028-B40F-CE2EF270AA2E.png

You're in a real need of a Jude. Can't possibly let him slip.

Good opportunity to save some money with a dead rubber so swerved this tonight and moved the ticket on.

4-3-3. As it should be. Intrigued with Curtis on the left side the attacking 3. Remember him destroying Napoli’s U21 the YL a few tears back. Here’s to the same against the seniors.

21 games unbeaten? 13 wins in a row? Top of the group? L’pool fans who SHOULD know better than to madly fear a hammering, at Anfield, under the European lights, in our competition, making themselves look proper 🤡 yet again …..

If you are going to come for the Kings in Europe, you’d better not miss!!!!! Get the F in Redmen!

I’m a terrible watcher of games I aren’t at. Just not used to the small screen and not being able to play my part affecting a game/ the result. But I really enjoyed that watch. For a ‘dead rubber’, that was a really good, competitive game of football on the highest stage of all.

Much better intensity with the crowd fully invested from the opening KO to bring up 5 straight European wins and finish joint top of the group. How F silly do all the reactionary divvies look now who screamed from the roof tops that we wouldn’t even qualify after match day 1 in Naples? 🤦‍♂️

Super way to see in Juregns 400th game in charge and set things up perfectly for the weekend at Tottenham.

MASSIVE shout out to one of our best young players Curtis Jones. Madly maligned and the go-to scapegoat of SM, I thought he had a super 72 mins as he gets that bit fitter and stronger after his long lay off. Major plus to have him to call on going forward. Calvin Ramsey finally making his Reds bow in a very assured 10 minute run out. Bajetic getting more invaluable experience on the highest stage of all. Yet another Nunez goal. ***** him aye? 🤦‍♂️And the rotten last two league games put firmly to bed in a real feel good night.

The only downsides were some mad officiating. (F knows how Fabinho never got booked for all his fouls? Yet Trent does for bringing a ball back on the pitch. 🤦‍♂️). And VAR continues to ruin games. 3:25 check for an obvious off-side just kills the game. At least Porto topped their group. That boss trip again please Monday football Gods.

Up the European Royalty Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Someone wipe this BIG *** smile off my face! I could not be more pleased for the man. Or more proud to class him as one of our own. It's an absolute privilege having the Klopp's living among us and hopefully they'll be here WELL beyond the end of his current deal in 2026.

Only the second foreigner after Mandela to receive the City's highest honor for not only what he's done at the football club, but his charitable work within the City.

He celebrated his 400th game in charge of the Reds last night . Which will, God willing, lead to 400 more.

I wouldn’t swap you for ANY other manager currently working in World football mate. Just like the great man from Ayrshire, you embody what we stand for. The very personification of being Scouse, without being Scouse. You totally get us and we totally get and believe in you.

Here’s to the next 4 years and, God willing, the next ones after that with you at helm.

*Sings ’Jurgen said to me yanno’
We’ll win the PL yanno’
He said so,
I’m in LOVE with him and I feel FINE!!!!!

Thank you Benfica! Paris was the only draw I didn't want as there's absolutely NO way I'd have gone back there so soon after the trauma still being felt from May 28.

Not a bad trip at all there. Although the Lisbon bizzies had better have bucked their ideas up after last seasons disgraceful treatment both before and after at Benfica.

In terms of what I personally want for the best trip: Porto, Munich, Madrid, Lisbon please football Gods. In that order. On the pitch, I'll happily take anyone over two legs under the European lights in our competition.

One things for sure. You can bet your house the very last team Bayern, Benfica, Porto or Real want to pull out on Monday is Jurgen's gang of Reds.