The Liverpool Thread

Only way it will stop.

Leeds speed to do this makes the likes of City, United and Chelsea look even more stupid. It's one of the only ways to stop it along with bans on away fans which will lead to self policing.

The main problem being, it was the majority of the away end again last Sat’day evening.

My friend just finished this for an agency lad I sent to him.

Attachments

• 358F6546-ABD9-44A0-8309-74AC0CE39C12.jpeg
    358F6546-ABD9-44A0-8309-74AC0CE39C12.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
Ace that. But I hope he started that before the 97th ‘official’ victim passed last year.

Whilst I agree with the FA's sentiment that officials shouldn't be abused in the PL (or at any level of football come to that), as Jurgen readily admitted himself, until they start holding highly paid, full-time professional refs to account for their base incompetency that has seen English refereeing standards drop to an all time historical low, game-on-game, to the point it's having a detrimental effect on one of the biggest World wide products out there; they won't stop manager and player frustration bubbling over.

It's no good (rightly) punishing individual players and managers, whilst continuing to have absolutely no transparency in officiating decisions. And absolutely no means of questioning them and holding them to account for their oft base incompetency that ultimately costs clubs millions.

One begets the other if you want to properly deal with this. You can't hold the highly paid participants to account for letting their emotions erupt. Whilst simultaneously letting the highly paid people officiating them off scot-free for their ineptitude that brings those emotions about.

Have no idea how we didn't concede a 2nd there hanging on for dear life. Salah is quietly getting back into some serious form and he looks like the best player on the pitch every time he touches the ball.

I like this feeling of going to work buzzing after another boss trip with Jurgens mighty Reds. Let’s have more of that!

Today’s/ Yesterday’s Admin-

Title Countdown:
5 wins down/ 25 to go.
19 points down/ 75 to go.

Current Unbeaten Run All Comps-
P 2 W 2 D F 4 A 1 CS: 1

Super way to ring up Jurgens 250th L’pool win in what was a belter game of togger. And if anyone was in ANY doubt as to just how important and massive a victory that was, the fist bumps at the end for the first time this season rounded off a perfect afternoon.

Funny how confidence is such a significant factor in sports aye? Even at the very highest level L’pool reside in. I thought we were superb for the first hour. Fast out the blocks, thoroughly deserved early goal, and the confidence just grew from there as we totally dominated. Then, naturally, being as they were not only the home side, but one facing the unwelcome prospect of 3 straight home defeats in a row, ‘Spurs got a foothold and begin to exert pressure with the (silent to that point) home crowd coming to life. And as soon as they scored (Side note- As much as he’s a detestable character, WHAT a footballer Harry Kane is. One of the best English CF’s of all time and that was a stunning finish past the best goalie on the planet), confidence just drained out of them and that was a LONG last half hour. But they dug in, fought their backsides off, and did what all World class sides do. Found a way to win. Setting us up perfectly to go into the break on a really nice little run with everything to look forward to when we come back.

Too many good individual performances yesterday. Ibou continuing his utter dominant form since returning from injury. Both FB’s an absolute joy to watch. Some of Trent’s passing man 😍😍😍….. Not bad for a lad many madly want dropped aye? 🤦‍♂️(Although it did look a peno in front of us first half. Defo leaned on the Tottenham lad.). Another very good game from H. Who’s well arguably been our best outfield player thus far. Nunez’s all around game getting better and better the better coaching/ training alongside World class footballers and their ridiculously high standards he gets. Needs to get cuter with his finishing though and not go for max power all the time. Should have iced it at 3-1 with a shocking miss when he hit the bar. And Mo well and truly back to being Mo. 20 games. 19 goal involvements. Tell us again he’s not putting it in after his new contract! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

In all the years I’ve gone Tottenham, yesterday was the first time I’ve driven down to the train strike. Note for future reference for anyone that does- Edmonton is the perfect place to park on the high street for free. 15/20 minute straight road walk the opposite way from the hike to Seven Sisters. And straight away and back on the road. Being home not long after 11 was a great bonus.

Now to one of the favourite days of the year and finding out we’re we are going in March. Porto, Lisbon, Munich and Madrid please for the best trip. In that order.

Up the fist bumping p orn Reds! FTT!!!!!

Madrid in March will do. (The reduced capacity out there can do one like!).

We owe these over two legs with fans.

So...
If Liverpool are bought by an Arab, how will you Scouse fans react?

You seen how we removed H&G right?

So you'd boycott them and remove your support until they sold up?
How would you feel if the manager and players happily took their blood money? Would you still support the likes of Klopp?

So you'd boycott them and remove your support until they sold up?
How would you feel if the manager and players happily took their blood money? Would you still support the likes of Klopp?

Why are you asking me questions you know the answer to mate? You don’t need examples of how we always stand up as one for whats right and wrong against anybody. Just ask the entire British establishment!

If the Saudi’s had taken over like they did Newcastle, the protests and campaign against them would be constant and hard. It wouldn’t be our first rodeo and we aren’t a tin pot fan base like Chelsea, City or the Geordies who would accept anything in their desperation for success. It’s not the money. Thats the game now. It’s the regime behind it. So lets separate that straight off. Radcliffe’s names flying around for instance. Not the name you’d associate with a murky past, A corrupt State with heinous human rights issues however …..

FWIW, this just smacks to me of Fenway looking to raise capital by selling a stake in the company. Through a share issue/ investment, FSG is a sports business. Why would they want to offload the jewell in their crown and one of the biggest, most profitable sports clubs on the face of the planet? Not least with the ESL still looming large and individual TV rights deals next on the agenda?

Are the recent Liverpool struggles and this sale connected? Are FSG trying to sell when the stock is at its peek?

Or simple capital raise. Who knows, will be interesting to observe.

Why are you asking me questions you know the answer to mate?

But I don't know the answers? That's why I'm asking a couple of questions.

1: Would you personally boycott them and remove your support until they sold up?

2: How would you feel if the manager and players happily took their blood money? Would you still support the likes of Klopp?

Forget the Arabs, I want it to get bought by Rupert Murdoch and Anfield to be renamed Margaret Thatcher Arena.

But I don't know the answers? That's why I'm asking a couple of questions.

1: Would you personally boycott them and remove your support until they sold up?

2: How would you feel if the manager and players happily took their blood money? Would you still support the likes of Klopp?

I honestly don’t know what more you want than what I’ve said and what you know of Scousers already?

I didn’t stop supporting the team through H&G. But I also didn’t not protest before and after every game. And played my part in hitting every financial connection to the them there was through a concerted campaign against their products. Be it electronically, written or financially. Again, it wouldn’t be our first rodeo with bad owners. ****, the Union which has lead the way in many fan issues effecting fans across the board was born out if the long, concerted campaign against those two *****.

So I wouldn’t stop supporting the club. The owners are only stewards at a particular time regardless. I probably wouldn’t go to any games save to protest before if, say, we were Saudi owned. I’d draw the line there. The same way I refuse to go to Newcastle now down to their owners. As boss a City and away trip as that always is.

I highly doubt Jurgen would work for such a despicable regime. But in your hypothetical, I’d be disappointed and let down by him to say the least.

But it’s all hypothetical conjecture as there’s bid in for the club. Just interesting to observe as Vanjagl said above.

Last edited: