The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Indeed. People are quick to insult Liverpool, the manager, the players, etc. Then wonder why Dalglish is so defensive.

It doesn't really bother me though, they can do whatever they need to distract them from their own teams failings, eh?

As a Newcastle fan, who are currently playing way beyond our current expectations so far from failing, I find Dalglish to be the most frustrating and aggravating manager in the league. Saying that, I also think Wenger is appalling when it comes to refereeing decisions after the game.

And, with saying that, Newcastle are above both in the league, which brings me to the point, why aren't Liverpool fans more upset with Dalglish about your league position? Surely 7th in the league isn't somewhere you would want to be considering the money spent on players in the summer? Obviously you may not finish 7th at the end of the season, but you might do, who knows. Would you still be happy with Dalglish if you finished outside the top 6?

You say Kenny's delusional by giving the assumption that everyone is against Liverpool, when in reality, you only need to look through the past few pages to see that he's actually more accurate then he thinks.

Haters Gonna Hate.

And I just can't seem to get enough...

haters-gonna-hate.gif

People are hating on Liverpool because of the way Dalglish conducts himself. So that argument fails.

But hey, better people are hating on Dalglish than focusing on your dismal home points record, distinctly average premier league season and £100m expenditure for a carling cup final. Lolwut.

What Mike said. Ever since the last time he was in management, it's like he's had a personality transplant or something. Which is why I don't respect him as much as I used to. Respect what he did as a player and he's obviously a legend-but now-meh. No time for him tbh. I still laugh at the "FA will never divide us" rubbish that came out. Still-his opinion. Even though it is absolutely wrong. But not all of the blame is to be landed at his feet though-there were of course other people who didn't make things any better. It should've been dealt with behind closed doors simple as, then all this **** still wouldn't be happening. All it took was an apology-a proper apology, then at least that would have limited the damage done. But alas-sorry is the hardest word.

An apology for what, exactly? The F.A condemned Suarez with no evidence, they should be apologising to us as far as I am concerned.

An apology for what, exactly? The F.A condemned Suarez with no evidence, they should be apologising to us as far as I am concerned.

You're right, Suarez admitting he said it is pretty ****** evidence. ******* FA and their anti-Liverpool agenda.

Sorry I just found it fairly amusing coming from a bitter.

The t-shirts were support for Suarez, they never had anything to do with whether Evra had a history of racial claims or not.

They were still crass.

The claims were a different issue, but arguably worse.

Maybe management brings out the worst in people, but he's certainly not the dignified Dalglish i remember

You're right, Suarez admitting he said it is pretty ****** evidence. ******* FA and their anti-Liverpool agenda.

Well, you clearly never read the F.A report did you?

People are hating on Liverpool because of the way Dalglish conducts himself. So that argument fails.

But hey, better people are hating on Dalglish than focusing on your dismal home points record, distinctly average premier league season and £100m expenditure for a carling cup final. Lolwut.

I'm sure he'd conduct himself in a different manner if the media had more respect for Liverpool over the years.

But hey we're unbeaten at home, in a major cup final, and if you want to speak about figures have only spent £30m and have massively cut the wage bill. 'Lolwut'.

Kenny does what he feels is in the best interest of the club and it's fans.

So your manager shows a complete lack of integrity and you think that is healthy for your club when it can come to future sponsorship as companies might not want to be associated with a club that has shown to support a player who has been found guilty of racial abuse and a manager who will drag your clubs name in the gutter as well. Nice.

They were still crass.

The claims were a different issue, but arguably worse.

Maybe management brings out the worst in people, but he's certainly not the dignified Dalglish i remember

As I've said it's hardly surprising that he's not as dignified considering what has gone on between Liverpool and the media since his last spell in charge.

Well, you clearly never read the F.A report did you?

Well, you clearly only read the parts that were filtered by the Liverpool propaganda machine to fuel their case, didn't you?

There were numerous valid incriminations brought forth by an independent panel. I didn't see one even mentioned (Not accepted, mentioned) by a Liverpool journalist/fan. It's not my problem if you only see what you want to.

Forgot they produced an entire 115 page document explaining their decision, probably didn't even read it did you? Unbelievable, the FA are really going to charge someone with no evidence aren't they. Everyones conspiring against Liverpool it seems.

So your manager shows a complete lack of integrity and you think that is healthy for your club when it can come to future sponsorship as companies might not want to be associated with a club that has shown to support a player who has been found guilty of racial abuse and a manager who will drag your clubs name in the gutter as well. Nice.

The club has signed two or three sponsorships since the Suarez incident, one of which an Asia based stationary business. Racist ******* companies!

As I've said it's hardly surprising that he's not as dignified considering what has gone on between Liverpool and the media since his last spell in charge.

Sorry that doesnt add up. Its not like he is talking to the Sun. This is the thing tat really irks me. Apparenty its always someone else's fault. It's not, this is his behaviour. Liverpool are not constant victims

Forgot they produced an entire 115 page document explaining their decision, probably didn't even read it did you? Unbelievable, the FA are really going to charge someone with no evidence aren't they. Everyones conspiring against Liverpool it seems.

Well, yes I did. Not all in one go but of course I did, there was no reason for me not to. The evidence the F.A presented (as I've said) was that Evra was more reliable that Luis Suarez, I'm sure if they'd had a month or two longer they could have thought up something better.

I'm sure he'd conduct himself in a different manner if the media had more respect for Liverpool over the years.

But hey we're unbeaten at home, in a major cup final, and if you want to speak about figures have only spent £30m and have massively cut the wage bill. 'Lolwut'.

Unbeaten at home is a pretty **** record when you've drawn 7 of 9. The same 'major' trophy where top teams only ever field a half decent side once they reach the latter stages? Right. Spending £30m is irrelevant, never heard of opportunity cost? Newcastle signed Demba Ba for free, you got Carroll for £35m. Newcastle signed Cabaye, you signed Adam and Henderson. Newcastle are outperforming you on a negative expenditure, whereas you're fighting for Europa League on '£30m' spent. Why do Liverpool fans refuse to attribute any blame in the slightest to Dalglish? If it was Hodgson you'd be baying for blood.

Unbeaten at home is a pretty **** record when you've drawn 7 of 9. The same 'major' trophy where top teams only ever field a half decent side once they reach the latter stages? Right. Spending £30m is irrelevant, never heard of opportunity cost? Newcastle signed Demba Ba for free, you got Carroll for £35m. Newcastle signed Cabaye, you signed Adam and Henderson. Newcastle are outperforming you on a negative expenditure, whereas you're fighting for Europa League on '£30m' spent. Why do Liverpool fans refuse to attribute any blame in the slightest to Dalglish? If it was Hodgson you'd be baying for blood.

Cause Hodgson is one of the good guys in football-easy target.

Sorry that doesnt add up. Its not like he is talking to the Sun. This is the thing tat really irks me. Apparenty its always someone else's fault. It's not, this is his behaviour. Liverpool are not constant victims

Multiple tabloids posted wrongful claims about Hillsborough, not just the Sun, the Sun was the only one who took two decades to apologise. The media are unkind to Liverpool.

Well, yes I did. Not all in one go but of course I did, there was no reason for me not to. The evidence the F.A presented (as I've said) was that Evra was more reliable that Luis Suarez, I'm sure if they'd had a month or two longer they could have thought up something better.

Pretty sure they also questioned Dirk Kuyt who confirmed some of the things that Suarez had indeed said, and that they had more evidence than initially thought but okay, skip over everything else and focus one one point that was confounded by the fact that Suarez changed his statement several times and didn't stack up. Well done.

Last edited:
Multiple tabloids posted wrongful claims about Hillsborough, not just the Sun, the Sun was the only one who took two decades to apologise. The media are unkind to Liverpool.

yes, look how far back that was. The current media are not unkind to Dalglish. So what has that past tragedy got to with moaning about every decision that goes against you, or biting of a reporters head (who proabaly wont even work for a tabloid) when he asks you a valid question about a decision or player?

The papers and people have changed, so that doesnt wash. You cant keep finding excuses

How to start an Argument on Fm-Base.

1. Express an opinion about Liverpool.

2. Wait two seconds for a Liverpool fan to say it is never their fault.

Back