The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I never made a comment on the Rodwell tackle.

I never said you did, and you're not the only Liverpool fan in the world to comment on the Skrtel tackle, either. And I clearly remember Kenny shouting at the referee and gesturing Bale was playacting.

The hypocrisy of some Liverpool fans (And their manager, while we're at it) never ceases to amaze me. Rodwell's tackle on Suarez was 'a bad challenge, dangerous, reckless and showing his studs', but Skrtel's tackle was 'full hearted, 100% commited, with a lot of desire'.

If they gave 3 points for each hypocritical statement then Liverpool would top the league with ease.

Still going on about that tackle? Nobody thought it was a red card apart from the ref... Stop putting words in our mouth just because it makes you feel better.

The hypocrisy of football fans (And their manager, while we're at it) never ceases to amaze me. Rodwell's tackle on Suarez was 'a bad challenge, dangerous, reckless and showing his studs', but Skrtel's tackle was 'full hearted, 100% commited, with a lot of desire'. - Don't put words in mouths.

Fixed.

If they gave 3 points for each hypocritical statement then Liverpool would top the league with ease.

False. Every team would be joint on points because all football fans are as bad/fickle as each other.

You're just not allowed to tackle in football anymore are you? Disappointing result last night, Spurs played for the draw and got it, we struggle to break down defensive units at Anfield and it might come to bite us in the **** if we don't get a top 4 spot.

You're just not allowed to tackle in football anymore are you? Disappointing result last night, Spurs played for the draw and got it, we struggle to break down defensive units at Anfield and it might come to bite us in the **** if we don't get a top 4 spot.

Tackling is an art, too many players dont get it right these days, regardless of how its reffed.

Kompany's tackle was a better one that Skrtel's

Tackling is an art, too many players dont get it right these days, regardless of how its reffed.

Kompany's tackle was a better one that Skrtel's

Kompany's tackle was fantastic.

Kompany's tackle was fantastic.

It was near perfect. But when you watch so many players flying around into the tackle Karl Henry style rather than Vincent Kompany style, you start to see why there is less leniency in the tackle.

If managers want to protect the tackle, then they should start by upping the tackling skills.

Pulis was bemoaning Huth's red card. Sorry, but Huth had no idea he was going to get the ball, had no control of himself whatsoever, just hurled himself at man and ball

It was near perfect. But when you watch so many players flying around into the tackle Karl Henry style rather than Vincent Kompany style, you start to see why there is less leniency in the tackle.

If managers want to protect the tackle, then they should start by upping the tackling skills.

Pulis was bemoaning Huth's red card. Sorry, but Huth had no idea he was going to get the ball, had no control of himself whatsoever, just hurled himself at man and ball

Tackling in football is a matter of opinion, you can see that when there's so much inconsistency from referee's. For me unless you're out of control and off the ground it is not a red card. Kompany's one was controlled, he took the ball cleanly, but unfortunately for him a second outstretched leg got him sent off (unjustly in my opinion).

The Huth one for me was a booking, his studs were down, however he was slightly out of control. Saying that, I didn't feel the red was that bad of a decision, the tackle was poor.

Tackling in football is a matter of opinion, you can see that when there's so much inconsistency from referee's. For me unless you're out of control and off the ground it is not a red card. Kompany's one was controlled, he took the ball cleanly, but unfortunately for him a second outstretched leg got him sent off (unjustly in my opinion).

The Huth one for me was a booking, his studs were down, however he was slightly out of control. Saying that, I didn't feel the red was that bad of a decision, the tackle was poor.

You can still be in control and it be a dangerous tackle. Frankly too many players go to ground with all the aggression and one of the necessary skill needed. Which is a shame, because i have a real appreciation for a good tackle, perhaps moreso than a skilful dribble

Still going on about that tackle? Nobody thought it was a red card apart from the ref... Stop putting words in our mouth just because it makes you feel better.

I didn't say anything about the red card, I'm talking about the reaction. I've seen several Liverpool fans at the time saying the tackle was potentially dangerous, that he was showing his studs, blah blah blah.

False. Every team would be joint on points because all football fans are as bad/fickle as each other.

Even if all the fans are the same, Kenny is head and shoulders about everyone else in that regard. He'd get you a few points on his own...

i have a real appreciation for a good tackle, perhaps moreso than a skilful dribble

Agreed. Hibbo :wub:, he may not be the quickest nor the best crosser but he can tackle, and he's got a pair.

You can still be in control and it be a dangerous tackle. Frankly too many players go to ground with all the aggression and one of the necessary skill needed. Which is a shame, because i have a real appreciation for a good tackle, perhaps moreso than a skilful dribble

As have I being a holding midfielder, nothing better than a good tackle especially in a derby or an intense match.

I didn't say anything about the red card, I'm talking about the reaction. I've seen several Liverpool fans at the time saying the tackle was potentially dangerous, that he was showing his studs, blah blah blah.

The large majority of Liverpool fans would disagree with the 'several' you saw spouting ****, I'm sure.

Even if all the fans are the same, Kenny is head and shoulders about everyone else in that regard. He'd get you a few points on his own...

What's your problem with Kenny?

What's your problem with Kenny?

He's been ******** about referees all season, even when they're right, and when something goes their way he 'doesn't see the incident', or he agrees with the decision even if it's clearly wrong. It ****** me off.

He's been ******** about referees all season, even when they're right, and when something goes their way he 'doesn't see the incident', or he agrees with the decision even if it's clearly wrong. It ****** me off.

Are you getting him confused with Arsene Wenger?

The irony of Frank liking your post is priceless. (;

Back