The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
There’s Fergie time and then there’s Klopp time lol. Even the officials could save you today. Unlucky
Shouldve been 20 minutes added on lmao with the time they wasted. Anyway like I said about a week ago we've probably run out of games to sneak into the top 4. Still tho don't care as Bobby scored and we bid farewell to my fav Liverpool players of the Klopp era.

Also last home games for Millie who is more than worth his salt to whoever he joins. Chambo who Scouse will tell you I wasn't a big fan of signing but he made me eat my words but injuries robbed him off an excellent career as he was instrumental in kickstarting the belief in us being a top side with his performances in 2017/2018. Still tho he was more than good enough in playing a role in the subsequent seasons. Keita on the other hand the less said the better...

That was a strange experience at the match yesterday.

You had an air of celebration and sadness for careers and sacrifices made overhangin everything. Just waiting for the end to burst out and fully pay your respects to 4 lads who have played a major part in not only one of the finest L’pool trams we’ll ever see in our lifetimes. But one thats been right up there with anything this Country has ever seen. I loved how L’pool did things properly and took the time to honour each of the 4 individually. Giving their manager, his staff, their teammates, and most importantly, ourselves, the time to give them all our thanks and appreciation for the roles they’ve played in winning absolutely everything under Jurgen. I wrote about Naby Lad and Oxo-Chambo yesterday who both got a great reception. But what do you say about Jimmy Milner and that infectious Brazilian number 9 who brought a tear to this middle aged supporters eye yesterday along with many others stood around him …..

I never wanted Milner yanno’? Couldn’t understand why we’d dropped such a salary on just a hard working, bang average player ….. And then he tips up at your club and the penny drops. I can’t think of many lads we’ve had who have self-sacrificed themselves for the cause as much as he has. Agreeing to come here so he could play in his preferred midfield role, he’s played virtually everywhere at times bar goalie! And I’m sure he’d of taken the gloves if Alisson had gone down! The season he had a left back, when he was one of the best left backs in Europe on our run to the CL final, setting a new CL record for assists ….. Phenomenal leader and the ultimate teammate who works his backside off for his mates and puts the collective before anything. The Liverpool Way. He embodies that simplistic club ethos and totally gets us to a T. Just like his Brazilian compadre who brought around those tears …..

I don’t know where you start with Bobby. Everything and more I’ve just said about Milner applies to that man. Self-sacrifice for the TEAM doesn’t begin to describe him. But I think the best legacy he has, above and beyond anything else, is he completely redefined the role of the number 9 in the modern age. Forget all the personal accolades and trophies. To leave your mark on the game like that is a special, special thing indeed. It was SO fitting that his final Anfield act was to come on and do something we hadn’t looked like doing all game. Score. The arl’ place couldn’t have gone off more if Kenny had come on and done the same. Just unadulterated joy for the man and his moment. Man alive will we miss his infectious smile on the daily.

Two all time legends of this football club. With both personifying the Klopp era and ALL we stand for more than anyone over the duration. They’ve both been the very, VERY best of us on the pitch. Winning our battles out there as we encouraged them on to do just that off it. Again, yesterday, both raising the level and doing it for the TEAM!

We’ll miss them greatly and I hope they both have a great end o their respective careers wherever they go next.

As for the actual game yesterday …..

Villa’s shocking time wasting from early in the game that put Newcastle’s shithousery to shame, and another absolutely abysmal officiating ‘performance’ aside, too many reds where just sadly off their games in a match we never looked like scoring in. Let alone winning. Bar Gakpo, who is fixing to fit seamlessly into Bobby’s vacated role with his football brain, and the two departing legends when they came on, most everyone was just ‘off it.’ Which happens. They’ve been on a phenomenal winning run. And Villa, for all their bad antics, are a really well organised, good football team who deserve European football for this seasons efforts.

So our ‘Big Nine’ stalled on game 8 after 7 straight wins. Which now leaves the top 4 hanging by the thinnest of thin threads.We’ll see if Newcastle and Utd can get their stuttering finish over the line this week or not? Personally speaking, as I’ve said many times, I’d prefer the Europa League anyway as that’s where the best trips are by a Country mile. And it takes away many more F Monday night games from the league next season! (An absolutely disgraceful SEVEN we’ve had this year. A record in the PL era. 🤬.).

So whilst I’m still hoping we somehow get top 4, as you always want to be playing at the highest level, you won’t find many lads who travel across the Continent watching the Reds too disappointed with a great consolation prize of Europa League football if thats how it urns out.

But thats all to play out this week. First up today, is for Leeds to win and make sure we have a massive Everton relegation party down at Southampton next Sunday. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

All Leeds Aren’t We?!!!!!

Up the farewell Reds! Thanks for all the boss memories. FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
So we going into conspiracy theories now? How short is that lads memory?

So we going into conspiracy theories now? How short is that lads memory?

You’d be surprised at the number of Manchester based refs alone that have been given our games this year.

Tierney for one I think its 30% of our games and 20% of his matches.

Ferguson would have burnt the FA down if Utd had a run if L’pool based refs when he was active.

Its becoming a serious problem with refs ruining games. Particularly at Anfield.

If this score stays the same our away end next week is fixing to be the best since Thatcher died!

Don’t anyone rell me this has been a S season if we get a last day celebration like that! 🕺🕺🕺

Why wasn’t the ref asked to go to the monitor on the Bowen offside check? Oh yeah, they aren’t trying to find a bullshit reason to disallow a L’pool goal. 🤬

You’d be surprised at the number of Manchester based refs alone that have been given our games this year.

Tierney for one I think its 30% of our games and 20% of his matches.

Ferguson would have burnt the FA down if Utd had a run if L’pool based refs when he was active.

Its becoming a serious problem with refs ruining games. Particularly at Anfield.
I mean, should you really be able to dictate which ref should be in charged for your games?
I don't like any PL ref, I think they are all wank, some more than the others. You got a bs pen just a few games ago when Liverpool player dived and the ref fell for it.

F Leeds! :mad:

Over to Leicester.

As Germany is showing this weekend, football is never over until its over.

Admittedly Tommy Tucker is as ***** a manger as Leeds are at football. But the point still stands. BIG last week of the season.

Crossing everything for Leicester tonight.And I’m not even looking at the added bonus for ourselves.

Just this is the last chance for it to be taken out of Everton’s hands on Sunday. And if that happens. our end at Southampton will be the best any L’pool away end has EVER been.

ALL in on the big Ev relegation party! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

David Ornstein

@David_Ornstein

·
🚨
Jorg Schmadtke due in Liverpool this week to finalise #LFC role. Plan for Ward to hand over & Schmadtke help existing structure (most transfer groundwork done). Club still watching sporting director market but deal can extend if goes well @TheAthleticFC

Back