The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
1684785683349.png

🤣🤣🤣

I really appreciated Mo’s candour. Epitomises the stellar Muslim that he is. But he has absolutely NOTHING to apologise to anyone for.

We know why this season was as it was. For one, the emotional and physical drain of their ridiculous efforts over the last 4 or 5 years, with all the historical battles with City, culminating in playing every possible game they could last season in their pursuit of football excellence finally caught up and took its toll. Compounded by next to no summer break down to the scandalously disgraceful World Cup. Relates side note- I also don’t think people who weren’t in Paris fully understand and appreciate the psychological and emotional toll that had on everyone. The players didn’t suffer the horrors outside first hand. But their friends and family did and that would have played its part on them too. I know it took myself and many friends until after the World Cup and well into 2023 to finally begin ’enjoying’ going the game again. The first half of the season just passed everyone by and it was sort of a par for the course thing at the match. You went because its what you’ve always done. But your heart wasn’t truly in with the trauma of Paris still so raw. And that must have transmitted to the players too. Even bow I can’t wait to get this Southampton weekend over with and be able to take a proper break from football. It’s been a long, draining season. And I’m just a supporter travelling around watching these lads. Their toll is a whole different perspective.

And the main thing that had an effect on our season that no amount of midfield signings would have cured. Injuries to top players. Its absolutely NO coincidence that theres been a dramatic turnaround in form in 2023 since key players have returned and we’ve finally been able to play in our tried and trusted shape and style.

We have the second best record in the entire league since January on I believe. With the difference from the first half of the season to the second marked. Through the first 20 games issues, we were running at a paltry 1.45 points a game. Through the 17 since, that has increased to 2.17 P/game. 2.22 if we win on tomorrow. If you are going ro drop into the Europa League, then the best possible way to do it is by having a superb second half of the season run to get in. Rather than collapsing after Chrimbo and falling into it. This way, you are left buzzing with serious optimism going into next season that we will be back competing neck and neck with the cheats to where we want to be.

So whilst I love Mo’s sincerity and personal standards, he nor his compadres have anything to apologise to ourselves for in CONTEXT of this mad 2022/23 football season. Finishing 5th, in what has also been a transitional season, at worse a mere 2 games outside of the 2 Utds having their best seasons in eons whilst this has been one of our worst by our own ridiculously high standards, isn’t too shabby at all. And the best trips have always been in the Europa. This year with the added carrot of Dublin at the end of it. So, and I appreciate this is only a travelling match goers perspective, and will differ dependent on what lens you view the game through, Europa League football is a ****** brilliant consolation prize to look forward to next season.

Finally on this season, if we get an Everton relegation tomorrow, it will be honestly be remembered by many among the best ever football seasons of anyones lifetime with a party that will go on all summer long that couldn’t be bettered if we had won the league. And thats not to excuse anything from this L’pool season. Thats just saying it as it is within the City.

Maybe you need to be Scouse to understand what a season saver the Ev going down will be. But don’t be surprised if you see an away tomorrow as wild as any L’pool away end has EVER been if we get what we so crave. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

*****. Luton. Long trip. ***** allocation. Any spares?

On the plus side, tomorrow and Everton has to be better than today right? 2 ***** results.

Good things come in 3’s and all that ….. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

*****. Luton. Long trip. ***** allocation. Any spares?

On the plus side, tomorrow and Everton has to be better than today right? 2 ***** results.

Good things come in 3’s and all that ….. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
dont think thay will be in prem due to there ground

They've agreed to £10 million worth of improvements. Which will basically be making the press areas and changies PL ready as there's no way they are knocking down a stand and rebuilding it in one summer as they are saying.

Alisson saves all 4 of Southampton's goals today....

Leicester tried but Bournemouth gave up. I guess the blue half of Liverpool will be 'celebrating' now.

Back