The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
The Ev must be proper confused today.

Normally at this point in the season, they are wanting City to beat them to stop L’pool.

Their heads must be kettled today trying to reason the alternative.

Get in the cheats! Brighton abnormality all but wiped out.

Heads will be falling off down County Road now they need L’pool to win tomorrow. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I assume you where watching live at the spot?

Nah, Erovision does nothing for me.

But I have been excessively proud of the show we’ve put on and the week long events/ parties in the City celebrating it. All the visitors have had a-brilliant time.

1684102565247.png

Can’t see anything other than a comfortable L’pool win and 7 from 7 tonight.

Leicester are gone. They aren’t even fighting to stay up. The abject display at Fulham hammered that home last time out. Too many disgraceful shithouses right through that squad who know they won’t be there next season, will get a PL move, and are just mailing it in. When Maddison turns around and says they have no desire ….. despicable. The whole football club is a complete shitshow with a manager brought in for his lower league nouse next year.

Southampton and Leicester are down already and its one from Leeds, Everton and Forest to join them. Which, in terms of tonights opponents, is boss as the less we hear of their low life, inbread Tory support mocking poverty and tragedies the better. The lower leagues deserve them.

ANY win will be another boss win but I think we lick these 3/ 4 to pile the pressure back on the Saudi bleepa and Utd.

Last edited:
Curtis Jones is proof that you dont give up on a young player playing through a bad patch/injuries. Not every players is a world beater from the off and progress isn't linear.

Tories 0 Scousers 3.

There’s an absolutely delicious irony in that. The very best Hollywood script writer couldn’t have penned it ANY better than to have two lads from a City that is the very antipathy of what those bad, poverty abusing, tragedy chanting meffs from Leicester are; score the goals that as good a condemn those horrible rats to relegation.

They are a proper weird, seriously disturbed bunch. As if the sad, but wholly predictable, songs mocking poverty and social deprivation, to go along with the tragedy chanting, wasn’t cringe enough. We get the NA, like thats supposed to nark us. 🤷🏼‍♂️And as for the fella’ that held up a UJ with the Kings face on it ….. I mean seriously, just ’who’ in their right minds takes that to a football game? 🤦‍♂️….. Sound mate. You’re here waving a flag of some fella’ YOU pay to keep in untold riches, who you love ‘reigning’ over you ….. Excuse us if we just laugh our collective behinds off at you. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Getting ’FTT!’ sung BACK to us just added to the base level of that City.

Good F riddance!

Best away end of the year by far from the first whistle. 90 mins constant vocal. The floor was literally moving under your feet through the 10 mins solid serenading of Bobby. If there’s a dry eye in the house Sat’day it’ll be a hard heart. Even if he’s on one leg, he’s on the bench and on for the last 10! And in amongst that, Milner snuck on to remind us that Bobby isn’t the only living LEG-END we’ll be saying good bye to at the weekend. 😭

I could eulogise about Trent and Curtis Bellingham all day long. But I’ll just bask in a couple of my own sticking it RIGHT back up the multitude of frankly disgraceful abuse both have received all year long. A LOT of divvies, to be kind, have been made to look proper silly. But thats on them. The same way as its on those who madly claimed this side was finished and had NO chance of top 4. As we showed yet again last night in glorious technicolour, our team never has lost our unwavering support and belief in them. That’s unconditional and to not understand that, is to not understand this football club or the City it represents.

Jurgen fist bumping as Bobby was almost in tears on the pitch at the end just topped an awesome night out with everyones favourite bird perfectly.

Up to a fantastic 7 out of 7 in L’pools ’Big Nine!’ Back to 1 point.

Over to the Saudi bleeps Thursday and Utd and their woeful away record this weekend.

Up the Tory smashing Reds! FTT!!!!!

Shorts and sunnies weather! What a glorious, but proper emotional, day as we say goodbye to 4 players who ALL played their significant part in one of the greatest Liverpool teams theres ever been. Contributing greatly to all the mad success we’ve had under Jurgen.

Bobby and Milner are the obvious standouts. There won’t be a dry eye in the house for the former in particular who embodies the Klopp era more than any other single player for me. But I’ll doubtless be gushing about both later/ tomorrow. So now, lest we forget about the other two. Who many across SM have proper embarrassed themselves skitting this past week when we should all be remembering the good memories they’ve left as members of one of this clubs greatest ever sides.

NABY KEITA.

For a player who’s been laughably described as our ’worst ever signing’ (That absolute low life cretin El Hadji Diouf would like a (spitting) word. 🤦‍♂️), Naby Lad sure has had a ton of success playing a legit part in the success of the Klopp era-

2019 CL win- Played in 6/ 12 games. 1 goal- Opener in the quarter-final vs Porto to settle the nerves and set us on our way in the knock-outs to Madrid.

2019 CWC win. Started both games as we become Champions of the World for the first time. Scoring the first goal in the 2-1 semi-final win over Mexico’s Monterrey

‘19/ ‘20 PL Title- 18 games. 2 Goals. 3 Assists.

2022 League Cup win- Played in 3/6 games. Starts final. After crucially scoring 1 of the penalties in the 5-4 shoot-out victory over Leicester in the quarter final after the thrilling 3-3 comeback draw.

2022 FA Cup win- Started 4/6 games, including the quarter, semi and final. The last 2 of which he was excellent in.

And he was one of the squad that lifted this seasons Community Shield.

Yeah, it’s been an utterly frustrating, and massively unfulfilled exercise in terms of the undoubted top level ability Keita has. But never had the chance to show consistently here down to his body failing him. He definitely needs to go along with the next Red we will remember. Neither are use nor ornament when they aren’t available to play.

But goodbyes aren’t about throwing cheap, petty barbs about. They are about appreciating just what a significant, legit part, as outlined by his trophy haul, he played in our success and return to the very top under Jurgen.

ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN.

Another terrifically talented footballer who was just sadly let down by his body and his ridiculous bad luck with major injuries. I was made up when we got him for a snip from Arsenal 6-years ago with the prospect of what he’d bring under Jurgen in his preferred attacking midfield role after years of being stifled by Wenger. Who madly played a top English talent at wing-back. 🤦‍♂️ And boy was he soon repaying that faith the longer that first season went. Being, at the time of his first horrific injury in the CL semi against Roma, well arguably our best and most important player behind Mo. And its sadly been stop-start ever since as one major injury followed another and robbed both Alex and ourselves of the best years of his career. But even at that, he still played his own significant contribution to our success under Jurgen-

2019 CL win- Battled back from the Roma horror to take his place on the bench in the glory of Madrid the year after after working his behind off rehabbing all season long to get back.

‘19/‘20 PL Title- 30 games. 4 goals. 1 assist.

2019 ESC win- Started the Super Cup against Chelsea as we doubled down on the CL success to assert our dominance over Europe.

2019 CWC win- Started both games as we made club history with our first World Championship.

2022 League Cup win- Played in 4/6 games. 1 goal. 1 assist. Like Naby, scoring in the shoot-out victory over Leicester the quarter-final after opening the scorning in the game.

But above all else, Oxo-Chambo will leave a BIG void in our changies with his infectious smile and upbeat, positive attitude keeping everyone motivated on the daily.

Today is about remembering that they have both played a significant part in Jurgens historical gang of Reds and all the success we’ve enjoyed.

We say farewell from Anfield to FOUR lads today. Not 2. The manager can rest easy Anfield will do just that.

Remembering and acknowledging our own.

Its what we do.

Last edited:
Back