The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not a release clause, just an agreement in his contract extension that he could leave for a certain amount to a certain level of club.

Finding out about that though and getting the jump on everyone else is where top SD’s earn their corn in the relationships fostered with clubs.

You dont think it was his agent who informed interested parties about 'agreement'?

You dont think it was his agent who informed interested parties about 'agreement'?

I don't know who it was. I'm sure Lallana has had a big sway on Mac Allister not being arsed about no CL football.

It's just been a recuring theme that we find these things out before other major clubs do and quietly move swiftly on them. If the base fee is £35 million to the agreed right calibre of club, that would have had every major player breaking down Brighton's door would it not? Yet here we are with everyone scratching their heads.

The relationships we've forged with clubs all over Europe since we completely rejigged the way we recruit has paid off repeatedly in getting ridiculous prices for players.

There are reports of other clubs being interested for MacAllister, so I assume quite a few of them knew about it.

It was reported month ago by Ornstein that he has some-kind of clause in his contract. It was smart from Brigthton has he just singed new contract before WC. Was he not on last year so he would have walked free.

McAllister for the price of one andy caroll. Ill take it. Still tears tho as the Jude dream is over...

1686245284913.png

We should be in that wondrous City by the banks of the Bosporus now having the time of our lives. OUR special City.

Loving the ‘ellesmere ports and sunnies’ weather cracking the flags here but its a proper strange feeling to not be in a European final right now.

To say we’ve been more spoiled than any other English fanbase is an understatement. Blessed.

Be grateful for all we’ve been privileged to experience. And all that is still to come.

Last edited:

I just pray they don’t give us two long haul Monday nights the first two games when the fixtures are released this week down to the renovation overspill.

Last edited:

I have little to no interest in the woman's team. The only player name I know is the local girl Missy Bo Kearns. And that's only down to her being Curtis' mate. And Matt Beard the manager. Like most lads, the woman's game just has zero interest to me.

But coming from a football mad City where I've grown up with the majority of females having an interest in the game, supporting a club who had a large demographic of female supporters going the match before many other clubs and LONG before Italia 90, and then the PL, dragged football kicking and screaming into a new, fashionable age and made it a friendly, attractive, all inclusive place to go for all genders and ethnicities; I've always been a big advocate of the woman's game finding it's own path and growing. So young girls can not only have their own heroes they can emulate on the pitch, but actually see a viable career path in the game like we always dreamed of in the men's professional game.

You don't need to like something to appreciate just what it brings to others and how important it can be in enriching peoples lives.

So it's always really irked me that Liverpool 'claim' to have a woman's team. Using the girls in all their promotional packages as being part of the L'pool family. Together as one. Whilst simultaneously ostracising them over the water to play and train. And putting the bare minimum in investment into the team. You can't promote yourself as an all inclusive football club. And then NOT include the woman's team who represent you! L'pool have failed the girls badly for long enough now and the clubs attitude toward them has been to our detriment and shame.

Credit where credit is now due to Liverpool. This is a massive step in the right direction to writing those wrongs and finally fully embracing the woman's team into the all inclusive football club we pertain to be. Super smart move from L'pool from every aspect. With the added bonus to the community of the kids still being there from Jamie and Robbie's Academy set-up.

The girls being one of the very few WSL teams to have their own dedicated training facility is superb to see in itself.

For that facility to be Melwood, bringing the arl' place and all the ridiculous memories it holds in our storied history back into the fold, is the perfect way for the football club to hopefully start taking one of the teams that represents them Nationally far more seriously.

Last edited:
Back