The Liverpool Thread

Seems Trent absolutely bossed it for England in midfield on Friday night then.

I am so intrigued to see how this all plays out. Not least where Thuram plays? (And any other midfielder they might still add. The Celta Vigo lad as an attacking mid looks a heck of an exciting prospect still well young enough to mould if those rumours are true. I'd love him to be the third addition.).

I doubt we move Trent from right-full per se. Just give him license to invert when the opposition allows, Mac Allister looks like he has the physical make-up of Mo to play the vast majority of games. But outside of him, I don't think we'll have a 'top' midfield that starts per se. Just a similar level group of starting calibre, excellent, exciting young players where the drop-off won't be noticeable when you interchange them. Bajetic, Jones, Elliott all adding quality young legs to the two new additions. Cody dropping deeper ala Bobby. Does Thuram become more of a 6? Or the progressive, defensive 8 he's wowed Ligue 1 in at Nice?

I also think you'll see a lot more of Henderson and Fabinho (Thiago too if he ever stays fit), in the first half of the season whilst the new, young recruits get up to speed. Oh yeah, and number 66 doing his thing inside when the game flow allows.

It's a really exciting prospect this. Not least as we still don't know what he's got in mind pre-season and exactly what style of football we'll be playing next season as he evolves this on another level again.
Whatever role he is given in the team as I don't get too bogged down on positions and formations that most fans seem to, he needs that license and space IMO. Whether it's at Right Back or inverted (which im not a big fan of as it can be pretty confusing out of possession defensively) im sure we will see another evolution for in Trent's game this season. People keep clamoring for a new right back but having watched the Bradley fella we have on the books, he is outstanding IMO and should be given a chance this season.

Boss listen that. Grew up with Tyldesley on the radio. Never knew he was a Utd fan as a kid. Knew he was a wool but always thought he was from Runcorn or somewhere and a red haha.

Top bloke.

3 years ago today-

1687684657624.png

Still my biggest all time regret in football that. Not being able to celebrate it with Jurgen and his staff and players. All together in the ground..

Just puts a dampener over a historically awesome season and hurts even now.

Really excited about us getting the Thuram lad over the line. Watched him for france recently and he has that something special about him in moments albiet inconsistent during the game unlike his teammate and other fella were linked with Kone. Would be happy with either of them honestly.

Really excited about us getting the Thuram lad over the line. Watched him for france recently and he has that something special about him in moments albiet inconsistent during the game unlike his teammate and other fella were linked with Kone. Would be happy with either of them honestly.

With seemingly Gravenberch to go along with Mac Allister and Thuram, that's a 7/8 out of 10 window addressing the one area left to address. The midfield.

Throw in a CH, be it for the immediate, or a long term van Dijk replacement, and that's a boss window again finally.

Exciting times.

With seemingly Gravenberch to go along with Mac Allister and Thuram, that's a 7/8 out of 10 window addressing the one area left to address. The midfield.

Throw in a CH, be it for the immediate, or a long term van Dijk replacement, and that's a boss window again finally.

Exciting times.
We might gazump Spurs like we did with Diaz as we are interested in this extremely quick man mountain dutch CB from the Bundesliga. I would love Gvardiol as he is a Liverpool fan fanatic but the cost of signing him would be insane and he looks like he's on his way to City, unfortunately.

We might gazump Spurs like we did with Diaz as we are interested in this extremely quick man mountain dutch CB from the Bundesliga. I would love Gvardiol as he is a Liverpool fan fanatic but the cost of signing him would be insane and he looks like he's on his way to City, unfortunately.

Yeah, the 45 minutes Vega has had in the U21's is nottin' to judge him off as he's barely been involved. Looks very raw but very direct and always pressing. Lot to work with and mould if we do go down that route.

Prefer Colwill personally as a young van Dijk successor. In an ideal World, I'd get him and Pavard for the interim and the future. But I doubt they do 2 CH's this summer.

Yeah, the 45 minutes Vega has had in the U21's is nottin' to judge him off as he's barely been involved. Looks very raw but very direct and always pressing. Lot to work with and mould if we do go down that route.

Prefer Colwill personally as a young van Dijk successor. In an ideal World, I'd get him and Pavard for the interim and the future. But I doubt they do 2 CH's this summer.
Chelsea would be mad to let Colwill go but they don't hold their players hostage. Would break the bank for him, the kid is class. Not convinced by Pavard personally I don't think he is good enough defensively and im tired of midfielders masquerading as defenders *cough* Matip. We do need a CB though as it's a part of the team that people just assume we have decent numbers there but availability is the best ability and apart from Van Dijk who is clearly on the wane and not the same player, the rest of our CB are injury prone.