The Liverpool Thread

Next up Lavia for me to cover the 6 role and takeover from fab. A CB would make it tge perfect window but you cant have it all.

He doesn’t have the work rate or defensive reading or position of Henderson. Who still to this day is seriously underrated!

He doesn’t have the work rate or defensive reading or position of Henderson. Who still to this day is seriously underrated!

Henderson has been playing much higher up field over the past year which he just doesn’t have the legs for. That role has totally changed.

Heard a really interesting piece from stats bomb on hoe he ranked in Germany last year defensively FWIW on that side of his game.

Last edited:
Henderson has been playing much higher up field over the past year which he just doesn’t have the legs for. That role has totally changed.

Heard a really interesting piece from stats bomb on high he ranked in Germany last year defensivelyFWIW on that side of his game.
Let’s see I think he’s a wonderful footballer just not that type of Hendo player. Can’t wait to see him in the Prem though

Classy departure.

It speaks really highly of a guy what his former colleagues and fans have to say about him on his departure. And everything has been glowing from Saxony the past 72 hours or so. Telling that.

This just reaffirms the stellar character we have added to the changies.

David Ornstein
@David_Ornstein
·
🚨 Thiago Alcantara has rejected formal offer from Saudi Arabia in recent weeks. Proposal was to 32yo’s camp - nothing to Liverpool yet. Despite contract ending in 2024, midfielder expected to stay at #LFC as things stand. W/ @JamesPearceLFC @TheAthleticFC

Been a superb, quality tournament this U21 Euros. This Spain- Ukraine semi is banging. And Curtis dominating a side in the final is just the cherry on the top.

Another in the eye for the many dicks across L’pool SM with absolutely NO patience for youth development.

Here we go again. First day of pre-season. Exactly 1 month, 1 week, 1 day until we’re getting on a ratler, just after 8 in the morning, down to ’that there London’ to give the mighty Reds our unwavering support for another long 9 months or so on a journey we hope leads all the way to an invasion like Dublin's never before seen next May.

The summers seem to be getting shorter and shorter. It doesn’t seem two minutes since we were saying goodbye for one last time to 4 players who won it all in the hot, lazy, South coast sun. The big Everton Relegation Party that everyone was there for at Southampton that last day didn’t quite happen as planned. But it did round out a superb end of season run of 11 games unbeaten. (7 wins and 4 draws.). Indeed, as grim as last season was as a whole, the last third of it was title winning form. I believe from January on, we had the second best form record in the Country behind the champions. SERIOUS momentum to have you bouncing into the summer and take into the new season.

And now we’ve been as pro-active as anyone in the early weeks of the window, adding two absolute top drawer footballers for relative buttons in this utterly mad market as to their actual worth, knowing there's still 2 or 3 more definitely still to come, that excited anticipation for a gruelling Jurgen pre-season is just wetted even further. Side note- I couldn’t believe I was reading the tired old nonsense again last night on Lavia, that we are ‘Sell-to-buy.’ So have to get rid of someone first. 🤦‍♂️ In the last three years alone, we’ve spent over £300 million and brought in around £100 million. 3 times spend on what's come in. If we are ’Sell-to-buy’, we are absolutely rubbish at it! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I personally believe we still had the second best squad in this league before the additions this summer. As the bookies have paid testament to making us clear second favourites going into this summer even after last year. Being as we are the ONLY group that's got the previous pedigree to seriously challenge City to the last day. And the aforementioned last third of the year reiterated that to me when we finally got key players back to allow us to play our natural game and start evolving into this interesting new shape of Klopp 2.0. All of which makes this pre-season even more intriguing and exciting. The complete unknown. I wouldn’t bet anything on what our base formation would be right now and what little tweaks to certain players positions et al would be. With all the youthful legs around him for example, Trent is just as liable to be back being the best right sided playmaker in World football from right full as he is inverting inside and dominating games from the middle. So much unknown that Jurgen and his staff now have 36 glorious days of hard graft to nail their plan of assault for next year down.

Buzzing for this ride to start again. And I’m not even looking at winning it all. The cheats are what they are and are playing on a completely different field to everyone else. I mean I personally feel we’ll be back neck-and-neck with them resuming our two-horse title race. But I aren’t going into next season stressing ever them every game. That's two much hard work and not an enjoyable ride. Just get back to being what we know we are. The clear best of the rest. Finish above the other 18 sides and then see where that leaves us against the cheats.

If we win all the marbles, then brilliant. If we don’t, then equally sound. City just are what they are being disgracefully allowed to be. But I do know this. If they win it all again and we end up with nottin’, they won’t have had HALF as much fun all over England and Europe as we’ll of had with our side this season.

And it starts today!

Its boss to finally have L’pool togger back!

Last edited:

Invaluable development experience the past few weeks culminating with picking up another trophy. Money just can’t buy that level of experience for young lads on the European/ International stage. Capped off with a Curtis winner. Even if he didn’t know much about it haha. Superbly disciplined, MOTM display with a nice cameo from H.

Very enjoyable tournament that. Congrats to Curtis, Harvey and their compadres for England's first Euro’s at 21’s level for 39 years.

Super achievement.

Last edited:
Dammit someone break the bank for Colwill and get him out of Chelsea. He's a self-confessed Liverpool fan too. Could be our Saliba.

Dammit someone break the bank for Colwill and get him out of Chelsea. He's a self-confessed Liverpool fan too. Could be our Saliba.

He's our #1 CH want mate but I can't see Boehly selling for all the tea in China.

Chelsea seemingly rate his potential as highly as we do. That if he continues on this development trajectory, he'll end up as one of the PL's best ever CH's.

I had a chance to watch live Spartak Trnava game last year, and I saw Martin Škrtel there. Nothing strange that players close to retirement come back to their home country (still ****** though he chose Trnava instead of Trenčin), but to see him with hair, and a really nice haircut, was really weird. You have such a nice hair and you choose to be bald for most of your career. :D