The Liverpool Thread

Gravenberch is being reported and I for one don't understand this one. Every time I watch him play he looks nothing special and he doesn't even fill the profile of a midfielder required. He's not a 6 at all as ajax/bayern fans will tell you and he isn't any better than the current 8s we have. Not even a case of a heavily talented midfielder as IMO he isn't anything special, not to mention his wages reported are higher than Dom/Curtis/Elliot who have done far more in their career so far. Someone veto Klopp/pep, please.

You really need to stop reading the ***** on social media/ Twitter mate. That last line about the manager and his staff is straight off there. 🤦‍♂️ Don’t be fooled by his short time at Bayern.

FWIW, Gravenberch would be a superb addition IMHO at a ridiculously cheap price for what his potential projects him to be. In the National Oranje ranks, theirs been a lot of comparisons to Seedorf in terms of origins, build and stylistically. Which is ridiculously high praise indeed for one so young and not something the Dutch throw about lightly.

He would be everything they thought they had bought in Naby Lad. But in a much bigger, powerfuller frame. The perfect multi-functional midfielder we lack. He'd slot in great into the left side of the double pivot base we've been doing the last 18 months. With the positional versatility to play a host of positions. Like Thuram who they also looked real hard at, he’s got all the traits to develop as that progressive, ball playomg 6 we like. Watched quite a bit of him in seven Hag's very progressive, exciting Ajax side when our initial serious interest was first there under Michael Edwards. And he was one of the jewel's in the Ajax crown. For anyone interested, I was looking back at my layman's assessment of him when someone asked a few years back ......

Needs work defensively, but still well young enough to mould there. Super going the other way. Great range of pass. Always playing off the front foot looking to go one way. Can beat a man with ease one-on-one dribbling. And being strong as an Ox, he's ****** hard to shake off the ball. Really good spatial awareness for such a young player of everything around him. Which aids in him finding space in the tightest of midfield scenarios. Great range and pace, and very nimble footed for such a big man. Often starting Ajax going from deep, then being a part of the progression through midfield to pop up in the final third linking everything together.’

I actually thought this one had gone and wasn’t looking forward to the prospect of Utd having a free run at him. But we know we have a habit of going back in for players we really covet that we've had to bide our time over. So I’ve been buzzing over the past fortnight hearing we were talking hard to Munich to get this one done.

Mac Allister, Sobo, Endo and Gravenberch would be one heck of top draw midfield do over in one summer and would set us up for the next 5-years in midfield and attack with the front boxed already.

You really need to stop reading the ***** on social media/ Twitter mate. That last line about the manager and his staff is straight off there. 🤦‍♂️ Don’t be fooled by his short time at Bayern.

FWIW, Gravenberch would be a superb addition IMHO at a ridiculously cheap price for what his potential projects him to be. In the National Oranje ranks, theirs been a lot of comparisons to Seedorf in terms of origins, build and stylistically. Which is ridiculously high praise indeed for one so young and not something the Dutch throw about lightly.

He would be everything they thought they had bought in Naby Lad. But in a much bigger, powerfuller frame. The perfect multi-functional midfielder we lack. He'd slot in great into the left side of the double pivot base we've been doing the last 18 months. With the positional versatility to play a host of positions. Like Thuram who they also looked real hard at, he’s got all the traits to develop as that progressive, ball playomg 6 we like. Watched quite a bit of him in seven Hag's very progressive, exciting Ajax side when our initial serious interest was first there under Michael Edwards. And he was one of the jewel's in the Ajax crown. For anyone interested, I was looking back at my layman's assessment of him when someone asked a few years back ......

Needs work defensively, but still well young enough to mould there. Super going the other way. Great range of pass. Always playing off the front foot looking to go one way. Can beat a man with ease one-on-one dribbling. And being strong as an Ox, he's ****** hard to shake off the ball. Really good spatial awareness for such a young player of everything around him. Which aids in him finding space in the tightest of midfield scenarios. Great range and pace, and very nimble footed for such a big man. Often starting Ajax going from deep, then being a part of the progression through midfield to pop up in the final third linking everything together.’

I actually thought this one had gone and wasn’t looking forward to the prospect of Utd having a free run at him. But we know we have a habit of going back in for players we really covet that we've had to bide our time over. So I’ve been buzzing over the past fortnight hearing we were talking hard to Munich to get this one done.

Mac Allister, Sobo, Endo and Gravenberch would be one heck of top draw midfield do over in one summer and would set us up for the next 5-years in midfield and attack with the front boxed already.
Fair enough you must see something different but he looked nothing special to me when watching him play. Not better than Curtis or Elliot who we already have or Bajetic imo. The reason why I said someone needs to veto Klopp is because he has had the klopps for him for a while. Would rather we wait till Jan and go for André kid as he looks quality. As usual I hope I am wrong but he plays in a position we have strength in and isnt better than any of the options we already have.

Fair enough you must see something different but he looked nothing special to me when watching him play. Not better than Curtis or Elliot who we already have or Bajetic imo. The reason why I said someone needs to veto Klopp is because he has had the klopps for him for a while. Would rather we wait till Jan and go for André kid as he looks quality. As usual I hope I am wrong but he plays in a position we have strength in and isnt better than any of the options we already have.

This wouldn't impact on Andre or anyone else by Friday's deadline mate.

Liverpool FC

@LFC

·
Nat Phillips has today joined Celtic on loan for the first half of the 2023-24 season
🔴

As if Gravenberch being boxed wasn’t exciting enough. Now to wait for dinner times draw.

Holliday Lottery Day.

Like a kid at Christmas!

I’ve been blown away by Sobo. And we know how good Mac Allister is. But I’m honestly buzzing about this one more than any other signing. He’s every trait to be the best of the lot this window.

This time next year we’ll be looking at him as one of the key members of our spine. The ceiling is sky high on this kids talent and he’s now at the best club environment and coach to bring it out of him. Like a home-from-home from the boss club where his talent shined brighter than anyone else.

£38.5 million is an absolute steal.

After pulling three boss European trips this dinner, this is the perfect end to a brilliant L’pool day.

I’ve been blown away by Sobo. And we know how good Mac Allister is. But I’m honestly buzzing about this one more than any other signing. He’s every trait to be the best of the lot this window.

This time next year we’ll be looking at him as one of the key members of our spine. The ceiling is sky high on this kids talent and he’s now at the best club environment and coach to bring it out of him. Like a home-from-home from the boss club where his talent shined brighter than anyone else.

£38.5 million is an absolute steal.

After pulling three boss European trips this dinner, this is the perfect end to a brilliant L’pool day.
Add Curtis to that too who didn't put a foot wrong and his recent interview at his old primary school shows the kid's mentality. He will keep proving people wrong again and again. Just needs to stay fit and he will be a mainstay for years to come. To say Sobo has blown you away is an understatement, not only is he usually the best player on the pitch but **** me he works harder than anyone else and his stamina is relentless. Shoutout Joe Gomez who always needs a run in the first team to show his levels but he was imperious for me my second motm. The cult of Nunez shall be venerated once again and Salah was Salah, them saudis can **** off idc how much they offer. 10 from 12 ain't looking bad eh?

After the mad stress of sorting 3 Euro trips yesterday, getting exceptionally good value and routes as always, that was the perfect day of R & R to recover with your mates, having a good slurp on the ale in the swelteringly hot sun, then watching the imperious Reds put another pretender in their place …..

Today’s admin-

Title Countdown:
3 wins down/ 27to go.
10 points down/ 83 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 15 W 10 D 5 F 36 A 17 CS: 5

Current unbeaten home PL run:
P 14 W 11 D 3 F 34 A 11 CS: 7

What a superb display of controlled aggression that was. Aston Villa are a very good side. Unai Emery is a very good manager. Many, justifiably, have them down not only for Europe again. But possibly even challenging top 4. But against a revitalised Klopp’s L’pool, they pale in comparison. This is big boy football and Villa, like everyone else, just aren’t in our and City’s league. And it showed in glorious technicolour as, with another week of hard graft under our belts to nail things down, the shape and everything clicked into place from the get-go in a stunning display of dominance.

Who needs an out-and-out defensive DM at home when you have completely redesigned and rebuilt your midfield from scratch with young energy who will run and cover for each other all day? And who have taken the midfield of Klopp 1.0 to a whole new dimension of possession with there technical excellence. Yeah, they’ll be a need for one in certain away games. Where Endo, Gravenberch and co will come into their own. But at home, with this young, energetic group ….. With the range, aggression and boundless energy of theses lads, old school box-to-box lads who do it all at both ends trumps a traditional DM sitter. This side continues to evolve under Jurgen. And this latest iteration, is quietly developing in to what could be the best one yet as Klopp 2.0 grows by the passing week.

I was buzzing in the summer for this year given the vibes that were coming out from day 1 of camp. 2020 ’We are Liverpool and we’re here to put you ALL in your place after the nonsense spoke about us last season!’ vibes. Along with taking the momentum of the brilliant run-in to end last season forward into the new campaign. And boy have we! 10 points out of 12, with 2 mammoth aways, down to 10 men twice, with a completely rebuilt middle from the ground up, along with suspensions of our captain and other key defensive injury’s, is beyond a brilliant start that sets things up perfectly for the next stage of this marathon and 2 games a week.

Too many superb individual displays to mention but a few special props-

Trent- Aside from his WC passing clinic, his first start as Captain. Second straight game as captain he’s superbly marshalled us to a huge win.

Couldn’t be prouder.

So Boss La- The Hungarian Gerrard. And that’s no exaggeration! He’s that ridiculously good. Phenomenal all-rounder and the buy of the window bar none. To finally have a midfielder who strikes the ball SO cleanly from range again ….. Game changing superstar. 😍😍😍😍😍

Curtis- Say’s it all when he’s straight back in the aide as soon as he’s fit after bossing things the last third of last season. Lads really matured and stepped up another level to what seasoned observers of his career knew he possessed. His shirt to lose.

JMG- 2nd straight outstanding display. Marshalling the back-line like the suspended man he’s replacing. Sticking, like Curtis, a massive 2 fingers up to every reactionary divvy who has been madly writing them both off on the regular. How good was his oft maligned (Hands up guilty! 🙌🏻) partner Matip again too by the way? 😍

And loving the faith to give Quansah another solid 20. Can’t wait to see him starting in Austria in 3 weeks.

Another superb day out with Jurgen’s Reds.

Keep on telling us we aren’t a serious contender. We’ll quietly continue to show you how wrong you are.

Up the resurgent Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Topical ….. Just mooching around YouTube ….. You only need to watch the first 16/ 17 mins and the first half to think if this was now, the Saudi’s would be bidding £500 million for Digger Barnes.

Topical ….. Just mooching around YouTube ….. You only need to watch the first 16/ 17 mins and the first half to think if this was now, the Saudi’s would be bidding £500 million for Digger Barnes.

well i hate to think what thay would be bidding for the likes of best law kenny any 1 from the 60s to the 80s from both pool and utd