The Liverpool Thread

Having Salah come on was a bit unfair ngl lmao. He was a level above everyone on the pitch it was like an alien playing with mere mortals.

Having Salah come on was a bit unfair ngl lmao. He was a level above everyone on the pitch it was like an alien playing with mere mortals.

Love the guy.
Fantastic footballer and an amazing human being.

We need a few of those at United.

Well for a game I had no enthusiasm for yesterday, that was another ****** brilliant day out with Jurgen’s Reds.

Todays admin-

Title Countdown:
5 wins down/ 25 to go.
16 points down/ 77 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 17 W 12 D 5 F 42 A 19 CS: 5
5 Straight Wins.

Current unbeaten home PL run:
P 15 W 12 D 3 F 37 A 12 CS: 7
3 Straight Wins.

When I say I had ‘no enthusiasm’, I don’t mean for the absolutely superb gang of lads who represent us so superbly. I could happily watch them all day long. I’m speaking from the standpoint of 3 out of the last 4 days on the ale, finally getting back in the house yesterday tea-time. After one of the most enjoyable European aways for many a year shared, as always, with some of the best friends I could ever wish to have. So a league game less than 24 hours after landing back in the UK, after 3 days straight on the ale in 2 different Countries, with way less sleep than normal; is not a good prospect at all. But ‘this is the life we chose’, as one of those said friends said yesterday, so I’m exhaustingly happy to say I did drag my weary behind to the latest game in this title assault from this vibrant, intoxicating new gang of Klopp charges.

What a great game of football that was through which West Ham more than played there part. L’pool were superb throughout. With the Hammers matching them the first-half. (The Bowen goal was superb in creation and execution from a superb press.). But L’pool’s far superior fitness and quality ultimately told as West Ham’s legs had gone by 65/70, and the Reds outstanding second-half display was capped by the win it thoroughly deserved.

Klopp 2.0 is very much a work in progress. A rebuild that is stacked with young, vibrant lads full of ridiculous potential to be even better than his first vintage. But that progress is already way ahead of schedule and getting better and better by the passing game the more they play together and gel as a team. The very essence of what Jurgen and this club is all about. The team. The collective. Working for each other, together as one, on and off the pitch. When it cones together like it did today, by far and away out best full 90 minute display of the season, it just leaves you salivating for more.

Utterly mad to me how people still fret about our defence when we have, hands down, the best attacking options of any club on the planet. With a rapidly growing midfield to match. And chief among them today, even ahead of one of the planets best players in the 11 shirt, was Darwin Nunez. Who is no longer a master of chaos. But the consummate, composed team player who is putting it all together and rapidly becoming an unplayable #9. His movement has always been superb. But now its movement for the team with superb hold-up/ link-up play. Rapid quick, strong as, big, physical, he must be an absolute nightmare to defend. And that finish ….. exactly what that superb ball from the equally superb Mac Allister deserved.

I seem to mention them every missive, but I’m buzzing with Curtis and Joe continually sticking a ’MASSIVE’ 2 fingers up to all the divvies wanting them out the club all summer. Both were superb all game. With JMG even doing the inverted FB role again to far greater success than he had at Wolves. With the ubiquitous Jones my MOTM among a team full of top displays. With his midfield compatriots Mac Allister, having his best game to date, and So Boss La, outstanding.

And a personal pat on the back to myself and everyone else in the ground for raising it even more to see them home. Together, like we were on and off the park, it’ll have to take one heck of a team to deprive us of the ultimate prize. Jurgen's fist bumping at the end just epitomised that and showed what he thought of an outstanding display.

This team, this season, is fixing to be one of the best yet on this magical ride with r Jurgen and his boys. And as today’s outstanding display reminded me, no matter how goosed you are, you are never too goosed to take the next step together with them on it.

Roll on Wednesday and getting the LC assault up and running.

Oh, Michail Antonio ….. Speak less. Work harder. And we’ll leave it there.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
🤦‍♂🤦‍♂️🤣🤣

Slightly more accurate in the reply’s-

1695716774064.jpeg

Just because its always brilliant to listen to the insights of mini-Klopp. Like listening to the main man.

Hopefully that's the succession plan but WAY too early to start thinking of that.

Just because its always brilliant to listen to the insights of mini-Klopp. Like listening to the main man.

Hopefully that's the succession plan but WAY too early to start thinking of that.

Gives me Brendan David brent vibes. He has a book out and goes on multiple podcasts about how his tactics are perfect. Complete antithesis of Klopp who is all about the team. Everything about Pep screams I and look at me. He is a failed manager and should be nowhere near the succession plan and that's me being nice about it before you accuse me of having an agenda against him.

Gives me Brendan David brent vibes. He has a book out and goes on multiple podcasts about how his tactics are perfect. Complete antithesis of Klopp who is all about the team. Everything about Pep screams I and look at me. He is a failed manager and should be nowhere near the succession plan and that's me being nice about it before you accuse me of having an agenda against him.

Agreed. Should have binned off Kenny his first managerial go-around after he brought a book out (The Liverpool Year) detailing the great '87-'88 season that summer whilst he was manager. Start of our decline.

If you don't learn from your mistakes .....

Always about the darn book with these chumps. :rolleyes:

*Oh, I don't think you have any agenda mate. Opinions opinion. You're just making some of the most ludicrous arguments possible to make a point.

Ok, time to get the League Cup campaign up and running .....

If tonight is even a third as good as the last time we played Leicester in the LC, which was not only one of the best games of the quadruple assault two season's ago but one of the very best at Anfield in the Klopp era, then we are in for one a heck of a night's togger. That was a real pride night comeback victory with the arl' place absolutely bouncing. To say it was the preverbal limbs everywhere scene when Taki scored the injury time equaliser is an understatement. Wild doesn't begin to describe it. Not one you'd think of but one that's RIGHT up there second half in terms of great Anfield atmospheres. She was wild! Jota madly celebrating the winning penalty in front of the inbred meffs was even sweeter after Maddison trying to take the P out of us in front the Kop.

Boss night that. Boss memories. Why you do it.

Tell us again the League Cup doesn't matter and is a second rate competition!

More of the same tonight please.

It would be nice if we could witness a very different attitude from Leicester's support tonight away from their usual, tawdry, to be VERY polite, Tory-filled ***** singing about social deprivation/ unemployment/ food poverty/ GSTK et al.

We live in hope …..

Last edited:
3-1 seems to be what the script writers have chosen for this season lmao. Wanted to add that sometimes the coaching staff know what they have and the need to sign a CB as cover has been mitigated by Quansah who is just missing age and experience but hasn't put a foot wrong in any of his outings.

’How do I tell my misses I’m in love with a Hungarian man?’

Last nights admin-

Current total game unbeaten run:
P 19 W 14 D 5 F 48 A 21 CS: 5
7 Straight Wins.

Current unbeaten home total games run:
P 12 W 10 D 2 F 33 A 11 CS: 5
4 Straight Wins.

First step to LC#10 passed with flying colours. Five more to go.

The quoted was from the lad in front when Szoboszlai’s Exocet put the WOW!!!!! onto a night of wows. Side note- He may have the hardest shot I’ve ever seen yanno’. Seriously. I’d have a hard choice choosing between Souness, Gerrard, Rambo and McMahon for that honour but this kid strikes the ball as sweetly as I’ve ever seen from any range. He will web in a 40-yard free-kick before too much longer. Telling yer ….. And that quoted is ALL of us. Not just on the mighty Magyar evoking genuine comparisons to the aforementioned Gerrard on the regular. But to every last one of these once more mighty Reds that Jurgen has built for what is rapidly fixing to be not only his next great vintage. But quite possibly his very best yet.

Bar a few mishaps from another wise superb Elliott, and the Leicester break a few minutes in that completely ended their involvement, did any player put a foot wrong to rank less than an 8? All that with 10 changes made. On a real windy, wet night that was blowing you walking up to the ground.

As always this season, way too many outstanding displays to mention but it was especially pleasing to see Endo now come to the table with the type of none stop blood and thunder display we demand at this club. Quansah yet again looking like he’s a seasoned L’pool CH to make you realise even more why Jurgen was so calm and happy this summer whilst many were madly losing their heads. Ben Doak just adding to his growing myth that only super special 17-year-olds do. (Looked a stonewall peno on him too even from the other end of the ground. If anyone can confirm?). All lead by a super special lad, this time from right full and the multiple other positions he filled, in another outstanding, dominant personal display. Who fills you with as much pride as anyone from this City ever has. Seriously. The partnership between Curtis and Big Dom is going to go down in legend.

The fun we are having game-on-game again with these lads, whichever group plays, is already getting a Kiev season feel to it where we’ll just out power, out run, out play and out score anything put in our path. But an even better, more refined version of Kloppo rock and roll togger from experience and lessons learned as we evolve yet again.

Talking of, I like the middle-ground we’ve found with him where we are now holding off until the end of the 90 to belt his song out solid through injury time. He still hates it. The way he sat down at Lask with his arms flailing again when it started was comical enough. But I think he can respect this compromise we’ve ‘ceded for him down to the respect and reverence we hold our managers in to glorify him in boss song to start with. You won’t tell us when and what to sing mate. But we’ll meet yers half-way. 🍻

The only negative was, Exeter aside, the worst possible draw that has to be an overnighter. Such are the sacrifices you make for this superb gang of Reds.

Is it Sat’day tea-time already?

Up the ‘3-1, second-half, same again next game yeah?’ rolling Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Great point about the kiev season. The side is evolving and is nowhere near being as refined as Klopp would like. However, the confidence is back and you can tell the place is buzzing and something special is cooking once again. Fingers crossed.

When you watch the continuing **** shows at Utd and Chelsea, with both clubs spiralling further into debt, along with the Ev on the brink of almost certain administration; its proper weird to read the Twitter/ SM virgins trying to paint a negative on Fenway selling a minority stake.

Now that full details of our new investment package are revealed I don’t see how anyone can’t like it? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Since Covid we've accrued a lot of external debt with Kirkby, the Annie Road expansion, the continued development around the ground and the repurchasing and upgrading of Melwood all financed by bank loans totalling circa £150 million. An investment package that gets those loan repayments off our books makes great financial sense. There’s absolutely NO downside to being relatively debt free.

Everything else including future transfer business can be covered by our record revenue streams.

Overseeing a 100% fully sustainable football club that continues to be the only one to seriously challenge City …..

FSG OUT! Indeed. 🤦‍♂️

Been feeling like S the past few days. Was really fluey last night so did a test to be safe ….. btard positive. And again today. So that’s me out of what should be an absolute belter of a game tomorrow tea-time. ☹ And the lad who was driving now the trains been cancelled has just done a test and he’s positive too. So currently sorting moving on our tickets and getting other lifts boxed for a game I’m no longer going! 🤦‍♂️

Such are the times we now live in.

I would expect from someone who prides himself in being supportive for LGBTQ+ community that he wouldn't use term 'virgin' as something negative.

Absolute fols gold trying to predict Jurgen at the best of times. Even more so when our depth is as ridiculously strong as it is.

I would have put a lot of money on Nunez starting this and Brighton haha. 🤦‍♂️ Made up JMG and Curtis retain there well deserved places. And kudos Matip keeping his too. He’s completely shut me up this season with a string of super dominant displays. Heck of a strong bench that when Tottenham’s legs go.

As inproved as they’ve been under Ange, I can see us licking ‘Spurs for 3/4 in what should be a belter game of football.

Last edited:
That was the worst refereeing performance ive seen since Chelsea vs Barcelona. Shocking. That needs to be investigated