The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Liverpool fans don't go into the United thread posting pictures/videos of Nani being a ****. Jog on.

TBH if a United player acted the way Suarez has done I'm sure that's exactly what Liverpool fans would do.

EDIT: What some Liverpool fans would do.

Last edited:
United fans are the ones who keep bringing it up though? Which is my point, they're more concentrated on Luis Suarez and Liverpool than United.

Umm no, its was actually brought up by subtle, who is a chelsea fan.

Umm no, it was actually brought up by Jake, who is a United fan.

And before that, this whole last 5 pages was after Subtle's post, at any rate its still not "all" United fans. In fact looking at all the names, youve had fans from the top 7 all chip in. Feel free to blame us if it makes you feel better, I'm much more interested in hearing from Zebedee on Liverpool's play.

And before that, this whole last 5 pages was after Subtle's post, at any rate its still not "all" United fans. In fact looking at all the names, youve had fans from the top 7 all chip in. Feel free to blame us if it makes you feel better, I'm much more interested in hearing from Zebedee on Liverpool's play.

As was I, until Jake decided to dedicate a post to Suarez out of the blue.

Ben why do you even care if people think Suarez is a ****?... I just find it amusing.

I'm a Milan fan and think Suarez is a *****. No need to be such a ***** with that amount of talent

I'm a Milan fan and think Suarez is a *****. No need to be such a ***** with that amount of talent

Suarez is a *****, but with that much talent, I'm happy to say he is our ***** lol. Bit rich coming from a Milan fan with Robinho in your team and Zlatazan "I'm too tired to play after 7 games" Ibrahimovic... Or Gattuso who headbutts other teams coaches... I could mention trouble maker Cassano in there but harsh after what he has been through lately healthwise.

Suarez is a *****, but with that much talent, I'm happy to say he is our ***** lol. Bit rich coming from a Milan fan with Robinho in your team and Zlatazan "I'm too tired to play after 7 games" Ibrahimovic... Or Gattuso who headbutts other teams coaches... I could mention trouble maker Cassano in there but harsh after what he has been through lately healthwise.

Lol I never said any of my teams players were not ****** though!

Had Robinho eye gouged players?(not that I know of) I know he was a bit of a fussy little tart at past clubs but hes not exactly smacked players about has he? Anyway, bar Ibras little sending off the other week for a "punch" (brushed a players face with his fingers!) all of those players have been in **** all trouble at Milan. Ok Gattuso has but hes a monster lol. What has Cassano done wrong at Milan?

This isn't a "your player is more of a **** than ours" thread anyway.

Just saying that Suarez seems to be involved in somthing constantly and I dont see why he is getting defended so much with all this "Your bias because your a Man Utd fan" when he has obviously been a ******** ;)

I freely admit to being obsessed with the whole Suarez circus.

Apologies for trudging over old ground, I'm sure a lot of you are bored of the Suarez bashing.

Just can't understand why some (not saying all, and definitely not saying that its anyone on this forum necessarily) Liverpool fans blindly defend someone who's such a grade A helmet.

You're complaining about it getting old, yet you're continuing the discussion with your last point. Surely, there's got to be some infractions here for trolling.

Can't wait to turn the mancs over tomorrow. Suarez to score the winner 5 minutes from time and shhhh old traffod.

You're complaining about it getting old, yet you're continuing the discussion with your last point. Surely, there's got to be some infractions here for trolling.

Can't wait to turn the mancs over tomorrow. Suarez to score the winner 5 minutes from time and shhhh old traffod.

Doubt it, United will probably win 1-0 or something. Don't really care, just want this match over.

No heart, no desire, that's the most worrying thing. And Downing is atrocious. Ah well, battle for 5/6th now I guess.

Ferguson can **** right off. It's not your place. No one comes out of this match who can hold their head up high.

What this game basically confirms is this:-

1. We have no idea how to pass and move effectively. For all the apologists for Dalglish who claim that he has made the team more attacking and adventurous etc etc - with all due respect, you are talking rubbish. Our team is as static as they have eever been. Suarez got so little support today that he had no chance of really getting into his stride. Worse, this game shows a true pass and move team against us. United looked so much better than us today that if they had more of a cutting edge they would have thrashed us. At times they were cutting through at will with their interpassing. Our idea of "pass and move" is to lob the ball at a distant liverpool player who then lays it back to a midfielder. Who then lays it off to a defender who then passes it forward to a midfileder etc etc. All the while the ball moves AROUND the United team on the fringes but never really gets BETWEEN them because our playrs are not playing triangles in and around them. In the end, everything breaks down in the form of a hopeful punt at Suarez and the United centrebacks mop up easily.

2. Downing was a total waste of space for this match. He was bereft of all pace and invention and desire. Valencia and Wellbeck showed what he should have been - they were pacey and dangerous every time they had the ball. On th other hand, Downing seemed to spend the game moving away from the ball and getting rid of it as soon as possible. He was desperately slow and was of no threat whatsoever to the fullback. Worse, he left Enrique exposed and did not even support him defensive;y. Downing showed no fight and no quality whatsoever. Why is he still doing playing for Liverpool FC?! If Keane was deemed a mistake for his performances, why is Downing not ejected post haste perhaps back to Villa?! He makes Keane look brilliant!

3. On the other hand, Spearing never hid and kept fighting. But the United players usually found it easy to pass around him and get out of his way. He was mostly side tracked. And his lack of composure directly led to United scoring the winning 2nd goal and his passing was erratic at times. All credit to him for his heart but he is clearly not good enough to be Lucas' understudy.

3. Henderson saw a lot of the ball but did very little of constructive use with it. He lacks an extra yard of pace. His rawness and inexperience still shines through.

4. Enrique was shredded today and perhaps now we understand why Spain is not knocking down his door to be the national team's leftback. He really struggles when faced with a tricky winger who is faster than him. His reliance on physical power is his weakness because when he meets another player faster or stronger than him, he is undone. He could have easily cost us one or two penalties today.

5. Bellamy should have played from the start instead of Kuyt and Kuyt shifted to the centreforward position whereas Suarez is moved to the second striker position.

6. Glen Johnson is our sole source of width and pace down the flanks other than Bellamy.

7. In difficult games like this, playing Downing instead of Rodriguez is incomprehensible.

8. Dalglish and Clarke continue to raise concerns with their tactical set up and their choice of starters and timing of substitutions.

4. Enrique was shredded today and perhaps now we understand why Spain is not knocking down his door to be the national team's leftback. He really struggles when faced with a tricky winger who is faster than him. His reliance on physical power is his weakness because when he meets another player faster or stronger than him, he is undone. He could have easily cost us one or two penalties today..

He was bit shaky today but tbh he didn't get any help from left winger. He was exposed all game and when that happens more often than not Winger with pace, power will beat fullback.

Don't really need to address anything Suarez wise after my last post, the bloke is still a grade A helmet.

Evra could have come out of the situation with a little more grace and dignity though, yes celebrate with the fans, but don't do that, you are/were club/national captain, rise above it.

Kennys interview with sky was as laughable as always, but Fergies wasn't much better, he went overboard with his 'disgrace' and 'should never play again for Liverpool' comments.

For a derby game it was a pretty tame affair, the stats suggest we deserved the win, i think Kenny even went as far as to say we deserved it too. You were definitely unlucky with some offiside decisions in the last few minutes though.

Carroll-Suarez looks to be your most dangerous partnership, i fully expected a goal from the pressure you put on us in the final minutes. Now you've got to get the rest of your team to give Carroll the right kind of supply, he got a lot more of it in the final few minutes than for most of the season so far.

Good game, hopefully there won't be too much fallout from the non-handshake, halftime fracas and fulltime shenanigans and the next fixture can revert back to type; a balls out, leave it all on the field, feisty, intense derby.

Back