The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Can't blame little evra for his stupid celebration. I did the same walking home when we knocked them out of the FA cup.

However, imagine Liverpool won 2-1 and Suarez did this to the kopites in the far corner. There would've been murder and it'd be labelled as "unprofessional behaviour".

Well, it was labelled as unprofessional behaviour Tezz. Both by his manager afterwards saying he shouldn't have done it, the coaching staff, and by the referee who went up to him to have a word.

4. Enrique was shredded today and perhaps now we understand why Spain is not knocking down his door to be the national team's leftback. He really struggles when faced with a tricky winger who is faster than him. His reliance on physical power is his weakness because when he meets another player faster or stronger than him, he is undone. He could have easily cost us one or two penalties today.

Really? Apart from the time Enrique brought Valencia down on the edge of the box early on they were evenly matched and Enrique never let him past again.

Really? Apart from the time Enrique brought Valencia down on the edge of the box early on they were evenly matched and Enrique never let him past again.

I don't think he looked comfortable all game to be honest. In the first half he was beaten a few times by Valencia, and conceded the corner which lead to Uniteds first goal in the second half. Saying that, he was far from awful, and no where near your worst player, and I think it is probably the worst game he's had in a Liverpool shirt that I have seen, so it's not like he's consistently suffering the same fortunes as he was today, in fact he has been quite dominant for you on the left this season.

Yeah Enrique looked shakey, doesn't help when playing behind Downing.

Why?

It was always noted at Boro that Downing rarely tracked back and hardly had a defensive bone in his body.

Also he's scared to header the ball.

Because he's like the best Boro player ever apart from Julio Arca.

Why?

It was always noted at Boro that Downing rarely tracked back and hardly had a defensive bone in his body.

Also he's scared to header the ball.

Essentially he's a skinny Redders then.

It's weird, Downing seems to be tracking back a **** of a lot less for you than he did for Villa. I mean yeah, he could never tackle, and bottled challenges at a fair rate, but he was always there covering for us last season.

Whether he looked shaky or uncomfortable is irrelevant (and subjective), he still dealt with everything.

Valencia pwned Enrique many times Lee.

Incorrect.

05:01 - Valencia took it past him and Enrique brought him down
34:05 - Enrique had to took in to cover, Valencia in lots of space out wide had time to put in a cross
58:40 - Valencia played a pass inside to Rooney (No Support)
63:11 - Raf gets a cross in (Outnumbered)
65:03 - Valencia gets in a mishit cross

Like I said the only time Valencia (or anyone) got remotely close to pwning Enrique was the foul at 5 minutes into the game.

Heh... he outpaced him couple of times Lee. Outpaced and then crossed.

Back