The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
2 seconds afterwards you can clearly see Suarez ignore Evra and go straight for De gea. Watch the video and it is clear to see. That picture is wrong

Luis Suarez Patrice Evra Handshake Incident 11/02/12 - YouTube

How about this one? Clearly shows Evras hand wasn't going to shake Suarez', to which Luis thought **** you I'm not looking the idiot and carried on. At which point Evra has a little cry looking directly at the sky camera. Great victim card played by Evra, truly fantastic actor.

And I don't think Valencia 'pwned' Enrique all game.. he may have had the better of him but for most incidents he dealt with the situation.

EDIT:

Just looking at the video again and you can even see Suarez' hand height is normal for the shake, but Evras hand just isn't there.

How about this one? Clearly shows Evras hand wasn't going to shake Suarez', to which Luis thought **** you I'm not looking the idiot and carried on. At which point Evra has a little cry looking directly at the sky camera. Great victim card played by Evra, truly fantastic actor.

And I don't think Valencia 'pwned' Enrique all game.. he may have had the better of him but for most incidents he dealt with the situation.

EDIT:

Just looking at the video again and you can even see Suarez' hand height is normal for the shake, but Evras hand just isn't there.
His hand is lower initially yes I agree. He raises it as Suarez gets to him and then Suarez just ignores him. It's obvious that Suarez ignores Evra, not the other way round. Evra is the victim in all of this so not sure what point you're making

I'm also quickly losing respect for Dalglish

Last edited:
Now few fans even turned this incident to blame Evra? Sigh. But brilliant creativity though, some how make Suarez a victim no matter what he does.

Tbh, this whole Suarez/Evra thing is getting tiresome now, and is starting to look bad on both clubs. Both players acted very unprofessionally yesterday.

They both need a whack imo. Both of them need to man up and start acting like professionals.

Ferdinands refusal to shake hands was more of a blatant snub than either Suarez or Evra.

****'s sake, we still going on about this? It's this type of **** which is making me disillusioned with football.

EDIT:

You cannot genuinely believe that can you? Unbelievable. You can see Evra's hand was raising up towards Suarez but Suarez's hand never made any movement towards Evra. Its absolutely unreal that Liverpool fans have managed to try and blame this on Evra (again). Always the victims aren't you? No doubt that this is the medias fault as well isn't it?

****'s sake, we still going on about this? It's this type of **** which is making me disillusioned with football.

Indeed, it's starting to turn into a bit of a soap opera. Getting extremely tiresome and boring.

If Suarez and Evra had both just shaken hands and the pair grew up then this would all be over and done with. Blame the players and both managers why fans are still so annoyed about it as both clubs keep adding fuel to the fire about it.

If Suarez and Evra had both just shaken hands and the pair grew up then this would all be over and done with. Blame the players and both managers why fans are still so annoyed about it as both clubs keep adding fuel to the fire about it.

No it wouldn't have.

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has today issued the following apology:

"I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/luis-suarez-i-m-sorry

Last edited:
His hand is lower initially yes I agree. He raises it as Suarez gets to him and then Suarez just ignores him. It's obvious that Suarez ignores Evra, not the other way round. Evra is the victim in all of this so not sure what point you're making

I'm also quickly losing respect for Dalglish

it's okay he shook his grandad's hand.

Both players acted unprofessionally, yet only Suarez is being targeted it seems.. Its a handshake and all of a sudden he should never play for Liverpool again according to Fergie

the way i see it, if you genuinally believe evra has lied and got you banned for 8 games and ruined your reputation because of it.. you would never shake his hand! it just goes against everything he has said and stuck up for

Everyone says they wont it too go away yet people keep on adding fuel to the fire on both sides.. Evra, Fergie, Suarez, Rio, Rooney, Dalglish ETC

EDIT:

Tell that to Suarez.

The Liverpool striker Luis Suárez has issued an official apology for refusing to shake hands with Patrice Evra before Saturday's Premier League game with Manchester United.

"I have spoken with [Kenny Dalglish] since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong," Suarez told the club's official website. "I've not only let him down, but also the club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

Luis Suárez issues apology for Patrice Evra handshake snub | Football | guardian.co.uk

Both players acted unprofessionally, yet only Suarez is being targeted it seems.. Its a handshake and all of a sudden he should never play for Liverpool again according to Fergie

the way i see it, if you genuinally believe evra has lied and got you banned for 8 games and ruined your reputation because of it.. you would never shake his hand! it just goes against everything he has said and stuck up for

Everyone says they wont it too go away yet people keep on adding fuel to the fire on both sides.. Evra, Fergie, Suarez, Rio, Rooney, Dalglish ETC

What did Rio and Rooney do? Rio didn't shake hand as Suarez snubbed Evra, Rooney didn't even say anything on the issue. He said its between 2 individuals. Can somehow fault Rio, but Rooney?

Erm, Evra criticized by SAF, Dowd and our coaching staff, and also in some parts of the press. there was no need for that in front of Suarez. Secondly Suarez was supposed to have shaken, Liverpool had agreed there would be a handshake,forget Evra and anyone else for a second, the moment he did that he both disobeyed Dalglish and let him down after all the unwavering support Dalglish had given him. Rather trying to find excuses just admit he got it wrong in that moment, he and Liverpool have already done so, perhaps the fans should too.

Suarez is a disgrace to football, and I hope every ground in England boo's him and make him feel as unwelcomed as possible. we need to get him out of our country. asap.

Suarez has always been booed by other fans, so nothing new there.

PS. Sigh.

Back