The Liverpool Thread

When Fenway move, they move fast:

Honestly haven’t seen nearly enough of this lad to make a proper judgement. But he automatically ticks boxes for me on what I do know-

He’s Basque. If any region on the Continent understands and identifies with our beliefs and what makes us tick, the Basque region would be right up there.

He shut all the gob-bleeps like Sheerer and Ferdinand up the Euro final when they were all getting excited HT at Rodri off. Thinking Spain would crumble. When they just got more and more dominant with Zubimendi at the heart if it.

He’s currently making a slew of gob-bleeps across L’pool SM look like complete fools at their utter mad, nonsensical rhetoric that we wouldn’t buy anyone. Continuing to show their complete lack of understanding about how this club moves in silence since the initial van Dijk fiasco. And how they’ve never been afraid to spend on the right players for them.

And the ultimate bottom line that makes me safe in the knowledge that he’ll be a boss, perfect fit to join an already top squad if he does indeed sign, is the brilliant track record of Hughes at Bournemouth. Who was headhunted by the best in the business, Edwards, who has an almost flawless transfer record here. If you don’t have 100% in those two men alone to do the right thing, then I honestly don’t know how to help you? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Zubimendi, as seems more and more certain, or whoever else, this is fixing to be a month and another great summer window after the last one.

Last edited:
Zubimendi when asked to go to Arsenal & Utd: “No hablar Ingles.”

Zubimendi when asked to go to Liverpool: “Boss La.”

The Basque lads know.😉

That is shaping up to a be a midfield with great options for Slot. I do think Endo will be moved on now if we can recoup some of the fee we paid for him, which is a shame but he just doest fit the profile that Slot will want from his number 6.

That is shaping up to a be a midfield with great options for Slot. I do think Endo will be moved on now if we can recoup some of the fee we paid for him, which is a shame but he just doest fit the profile that Slot will want from his number 6.

If he is mate, he was signed for buttons after Caicedo’s agent **** all over everyone and turned his client to Chelsea where he’d make the most money. And he did a great job last year.

Can’t be seen as anything but a really successful pivot, after we had the Caicedo deal accepted, to bridge us over until the next right option came along.

If he is mate, he was signed for buttons after Caicedo’s agent **** all over everyone and turned his client to Chelsea where he’d make the most money. And he did a great job last year.

Can’t be seen as anything but a really successful pivot, after we had the Caicedo deal accepted, to bridge us over until the next right option came along.
Yep feel for the lad as he proved he is more than a stopgap for me with his performances. Its just that Slot doesn't need his 6 to be a destroyer; unfortunately, it is what it is. I still think there's a good chance he stays but id rather Bajectic get his chance than continue with Endo in a profile that doesn't suit him.

Zuba would be a good signning for a Slot side who play possession based football. My only worry would be from watching La Liga a fair bit especially the big 3. He was pretty invisible in all those games and it will be interesting to see if he can adapt to the Prem. IF he is signed I think you are gonna have to play with a player with a bit more physicality and who’s a bit of a work horse like Mikel Moreno who’s his partner at Sociadad.

Perfect move for both parties. Carvalho gets to kick-start his career in the PL at an excellent little club.

We turn a decent profit on a player that it became apparent wasn’t likely to have a future here when he was just about the only player played out of position all pre-season. As well as he acquited himself to seal this move.

All the best to him. If he sorts his attitude out, which he appears to be doing, there’s a talent good enough for a top 6 side there.

Last day of pre-season.

Double-header games, at a sold-out Anfield, pristine with all the summer improvements. With all the big guns getting their first run-out.

Zubimendi on the brink of being announced.

Sun cracking the flags.

What lazy Sundays are all about.

Last edited:
1 down. 1 to go before we can close an excellent pre-season of rapid progress to this slightly different Oranje style of play.

And another excellent performance in context that was that little bit more advanced than the US tour games as we become more and more comfortable with what Arne wants. Total controlled possession from start to finish. 5 superb goals including Sevilla’s super finish. With a Worldie from Diogo. Well over an hour in the legs of the returning big dawgs. Trey Nyoni, yet again, the first off the bench. As he has been every game this summer. Telling that. And bagging a super first goal in front of the Kop. Boys own stuff. Anfield looking resplendent in the sun.

Next Sat’day dinner and the start of the long road to #20 can’t come soon enough.

We are ready.

Now to get some supplies before game two. Good Sunday this.

That was a hard watch. Not the game per se. Which was a valuable, competitive fitness workout for the second set of big dawgs who've been back with the new HC less than a week. But down to the fact it missed the single most important component of the game. Without whom, there is NO game of professional football. ‘Us!’ A throwback to the jarg football of Covid times. *Shudders.

AndyRobbo showing his fitness is no concern is big plus for next weekend. Doak continues to showcase his massive potential. If he is sold, you’d hope there's a buy-back at least. Proper scratcher that. And Sepp being totally excluded is disappointing as it suggests someone has come in with an offer we can’t refuse. But they know there players best. Shrugs.

Anyway. an excellent pre-season in the books. Now to the serious stuff and the start of the long road to # 20.

I like our chances.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
That was a hard watch. Not the game per se. Which was a valuable, competitive fitness workout for the second set of big dawgs who've been back with the new HC less than a week. But down to the fact it missed the single most important component of the game. Without whom, there is NO game of professional football. ‘Us!’ A throwback to the jarg football of Covid times. *Shudders.

AndyRobbo showing his fitness is no concern is big plus for next weekend. Doak continues to showcase his massive potential. If he is sold, you’d hope there's a buy-back at least. Proper scratcher that. And Sepp being totally excluded is disappointing as it suggests someone has come in with an offer we can’t refuse. But they know there players best. Shrugs.

Anyway. an excellent pre-season in the books. Now to the serious stuff and the start of the long road to # 20.

I like our chances.

UTR! FTT!!!!!
Bobby Clark is off too but that's at least understandable as the path in midfield is much harder to break through. Sepp for me im convinced if he was coming off the season he had in the Bundesliga he would be fetching the same price as Van de Vaan last year, so I can understand why the club is standing firm on the offers coming through being below their asking price.

Doak im going to play devils advocate here but I just don't see what you see Scouse. He has the ability and physical prowess that can't be taught in my opinion, but **** me his decision making even for his age is borderline terrible. Maybe im being harsh but his end product is nonexistent and far away from being anywhere near the squad let alone the backup we want him to be. I still don't think he should be sold. Still, maybe the injury last year has stunted his development and the ITK who reported the story states that the lad just isn't highly rated by Slots team, and considering what is required by the wingers by a slot team it's understandably why.

I'm a lot more reassured on Sepp after listening to the coaches presser.

Its clear to me that he wanted to assess the squad first and like I said weeks ago you would think Jurgen and his team left behind a pile of horseshite for him to work with. The main area for me is the number 6 as its vital for what Slot teams want to do and hopefully, we get the Zubi lad over the line.