The Liverpool Thread

Have we all woken up back in ‘99 where Utd are major players of competitive significance again? 🤷🏼‍♂️

That mus have been one heck of a sleep.
No need to be petty. If you dish it out, you should be able to take it, right?
And oh boy, Liverpool are taking it whole right now, over and over...

Rejected by Bellingham.
Rejected by Enzo.
Rejected by Mount.
Rejected by Caicedo.
Rejected by Lavia.
Rejected by Amrabat.
Rejected by Alonso.
Rejected by Zubimendi
Rejected by Tchoumini

When you’re big, you’re big…
Are you on the Dip Dab this morning TOD? :ROFLMAO:

Surely it would be better to solve the pressing options of what the squad lacks now rather than a Keeper as being reported. I like the Giorgi fella from Valencia but he cant play out from the back at all, like press the nuclear button bad. Plus we have Jaros who excelled last season and what is going to happen to Kelleher?

Edit: The memes right themselves ngl Hughes has signed a player for Bournemouth before us lmao.

Last edited:
Really conflicting one this. On the one hand, I think Bobby's ceiling is sky high. You can tell he's his Dads son and the maturity he displayed last year was frightening. One of my favourite moments was when he took down the Arsenal lad breaking out for a late booking the Cup win. Football maturity beyond his years.

But on the other, which is the constant dilemma for all those involved with squad building at a football club, is weighing up where he gets more than the 12 games he had last year? Which he now needs to continue his development path. And with a midfield as stacked as ours, you just don't see that happening. We haven't even got the Europa to give kids games in the groups now we are back to 'every point matters' in the CL with 8 very tough games in store.

This is sadly the by-product of having a World class academy operating to as high a level as ours currently is. You keep churning them out, then you keep having to move them on for everyone's sake as there's only so many squad places to go around. And the very last thing you want is a situation like season where a historical injury run gave these kids a chance to play.

As much I'd love to keep him, the best solution all around for club and player seems to have been reached. We've notched a very tidy profit with two great clauses. Bobby gets to not only go work under one of the brightest young coaching minds around who has a superb background in developing youngsters. At a club from a sporting group that has shown the pathway to far bigger and better things as they develop. Along with getting to live in, and experience, an absolutely stunning City. That said, if this was Nyoni, I don’t think theres any amount that could tempt them to sell so thats probably in the thinking here too.

All the best mate. You'll always be fondly remembered for your part in well arguably this storied football clubs greatest ever final triumph in context. Certainly in the hearts of all those there to experience it.

Thank you and good luck in your new adventure. I have little doubt you'll be back in the PL sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
The long road to #20 starts here! ….. Well, strictly speaking, 1:43 this avvy when the first rattler of the season will be boarded haha.

With City weaker, allied to the unprecedented burden of 5-in-a-row, and Arsenal adding in the wrong area of need; coupled with something we never had in any game last year, a 100% healthy squad from the get-go which is as deep and quality filled across the board, if not more, than anyone else, and a year on in their experience together, you can’t fail not to be proper optimistic for the next 10 months. A little more luck with injuries, and theres every reason to believe we’ll be having one heck of a party next May.

The summer tournaments have been fun. But man have I missed the proper thing and the excitement of setting off on our travels once more. Beats going into work any day of the week haha.

This football club man.

Here we go again!

paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
·
Joe Gomez looking at transfer options before end of the month. He didn’t travel with Liverpool for game at Ipswich Town.
Not anything new like I said speaking with someone from his area. If we can get some of that Guehi money from Newcastle it would represent a good deal. However from a Squad perspective it would mean we need to keep Sep or bring another defender in as Gomez can effectively cover the whole backline.

Didn't catch the game so will look forward to watching it back. Not surprised that Mo does what Mo does. 9 seasons and counting. Legend of the game. Surely the GOAT PL winger???

Didn't catch the game so will look forward to watching it back. Not surprised that Mo does what Mo does. 9 seasons and counting. Legend of the game. Surely the GOAT PL winger???
Scrappy game. Ipswich were very good for a half could have grabbed a couple with 2 good chances. Liverpool stepped it up a bit in the second half and the attackers made the difference. Not a great performance much like ourselves. But important to get the points start of the season while your build fitness cohesiveness etc.

Scrappy game. Ipswich were very good for a half could have grabbed a couple with 2 good chances. Liverpool stepped it up a bit in the second half and the attackers made the difference. Not a great performance much like ourselves. But important to get the points start of the season while your build fitness cohesiveness etc.
They went man for man pressing in the first half it felt. However they didn't have the fitness to keep that up all game. Once we got a foothold, the goal was inevitable. But yeah like you said first 5 games is all about match fitness and getting as much points on the board.

This seasons running title objective will be thus-

As utterly mad as it now is, the average points to win the PL over the last 5 years has been 92. Such has been the outer-Worldly standards City and L’pool have raised the bar to. In fact, over the past 5 years, they are the only two sides to remotely come close to that points total or higher. (L’pool twice. City once.). For perspective, only THREE teams have topped 80 points the last 5 years. (City 5 times. Liverpool 3 times. Arsenal twice: 84 and 89 the last two seasons.). The average # of wins from the last 5 PL winning seasons is 29.

So, for the purposes of this, the season’s win target is 29. With a points target of 92.

Yesterday’s admin-

Title Countdown:
1 win down/ 28 to go.
3 points down/ 89 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 5 W 3 D 2 F 13 A 7 CS: 2
2 Straight Wins/ 2 Straight CS.

Current unbeaten away PL run:
P 3 W 1 D 2 F 7 A 5 CS: 1
1 Straight Win/ 1 Straight CS.

As opening day games go, that was exactly how you want it. As first games under a new coaching regime go, that couldn’t have gone much better in context. Made all the more impressive by the fact that 10 out of the 11 that started the second half hadn't had a full pre-season under Slot. Some back only a week. Some only had two. A second half whereupon when they did step it up after tactical tweaks from the HC, they played some absolutely sumptuous football that if the final score line had read 5/6 in their favour, nobody watching could have complained. Leaving you safe in the knowledge that there's so much more to come and so many more levels they have to go up through.

I loved that we got to see that progression through the game in live action. First half, in boiling hot temperatures that were bad enough to stand through the lower without having to play through it, Liverpool never at any point looked genuinely vulnerable. Without ever looking genuinely good. They stayed compact, won most of their battles, and kept a vibrant, as you’d expect, Ipswich comfortably at arms length without really showing much themselves. Leaving you mixed at HT that as frustrating as it had been, you knew at some point the second period Ipswich’s legs would go as they had run themselves into the ground on momentum through the opening half. L’pools individual performances were solid. But the team one overall was a little ‘meh.’ And so that proved the second half where, coupled with L’pool stepping up the intensity, they were comfortably dispatched in what could have been 4/5/6 as noted. The movement was great to get them clean though between the lines on four or five occasions. The Ipswich goalie being his sides MOTM for me. Pretty much picture perfect, in the context of a new coaching regimes fist game after just a fortnight to work with the big hitters, of how you’d want a tricky first away to go with all the visible progression through game.

Individually. I thought no player was less than a 7 across the board. With particular standouts being Gravenberch, who was just what we want back there. Disciplined and understanding of the position staying in and protecting the ball and his teammates first half. With an even better understanding the second to really showcase his all-round talents when the game opened up and he could stride forward to break lines. Mo being Mo doing what Mo does. Breaking records. Poor Leif Davis’ head must still be spinning from the amount of times Mo’s excellent movement had him twisting and turning to try keep up at left full. And if anyone can guarantee me now Diogo will play even 20 of the 38 league games, I’m snapping your hand off. Constant menace. Superb movement. Brings everyone else into play. As clinical a finisher as anyone out there. Never stops harassing his opponent. Mad how under appreciated he is Nationally when the top strikers are discussed. Vital that he stays healthy the majority of the season.

I’ll finish on the inherent difference between supporters actually being at the match. To the loudest nonsense spouted on-line. Really good few days in Ipswich which is a really nice, friendly, quaint place. If a little strange as to how quiet it was on a Friday night. With loads of lads down for the weekend. New season. Same old familiar faces. And the general tone from everyone was that although we hope they add a body or two before the deadline, nobody is worried if they don’t as Jurgen has left us with as strong and as deep a squad as anyone to have a serious go this season. The complete converse to all the Fenway narking and 'Slot being hung out to dry' wham that's incessant on-line. And then the match that was just doubled down on with the best song of the day both mocking the narking, and showing the belief in the team-

The Reds ‘aint got no money, but we’ll still win the League!’

Jurgen’s gone and we still miss him terribly. But Arne’s not a half bad replacement yanno’.

We may be just on the same march again.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Not anything new like I said speaking with someone from his area. If we can get some of that Guehi money from Newcastle it would represent a good deal. However from a Squad perspective it would mean we need to keep Sep or bring another defender in as Gomez can effectively cover the whole backline.

Just breaking Fulham have agreed a deal with Palace for Joachim Andersen. That's them out of the running.

Fulham had been looking at Diego Costa. Now that won't happen, Villa don't have the funds for JMG. Two clubs out of the running with one move.

Newcastle are reported from their local beat guys to be looking elsewhere as they think £45 million is too high.

Chelsea was never an option as JMG has a brain.

All of a sudden, the clubs seriously interested has shrunk to next to nothing.

JMG might want to go to be what his talents deserve. A regular PL starter and serious England International player. And L'pool, doing what L'pool rightly do by doing the right thing by their longest serving player and not standing in his way, as much as they probably want to keep him, are allowing him to freely explore options. But the pool of clubs now willing, or more so able, to pay £45 million may well put an end to him leaving the club.

Last edited:
Talking of versatile CH’s/ FB’s, as much I’d personally have liked Sepp to stay, fair F’s to him for wanting to be a starter.

£25 million is good business and a very tidy profit.