The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
And yet Perch's incident will not be remembered for his dive, but Carroll's will be. Even though Perch's was to get a fellow footballer sent off.

-major sigh-

Carrolls is worse for me, because he has thrown himself down, when he has an open goal. He scores, the whole game is different. There was at least "some" contact on Perch, though his reaction was incredibly distasteful. And it doesnt change the game.

Woeful performance from Liverpool, becoming far too regular, how long has KK got left? (people need to forget his whole player history for the club).

If you ask me, the major point in the game was the simpson handball as it would have been a red and a penalty had the ref/lino seen it, the game would have been completely different, although we were dreadful and i reckon we need to get rid of comolli, kenny should step down, bring in a new manager, i would love Rafa back but Emery would be good too, and sign a replacement for Gerrard, A Clinical Finisher and another Winger, Ideally these would be Sissokho, Soldado and Muniain but i admit this is unlikely.

Woeful performance from Liverpool, becoming far too regular, how long has KK got left? (people need to forget his whole player history for the club).

Sooner than you think. I really, really doubt he'll be here next season. I'm not saying sack him or anything, but if he doesn't resign, he'll be fired.

I'd like to think Perch would be frankly ashamed of what he did-thoroughly ashamed. Wish to god the bodies would crack down on players trying to get other players sent off. It's just so incredibly unprofessional

Sooner than you think. I really, really doubt he'll be here next season. I'm not saying sack him or anything, but if he doesn't resign, he'll be fired.

I think half the problem is finding a replacement, who is available who would want to take that job? Only person I can think of is Benitez at the moment and I highly doubt you want to go down that route again!

Quite irrelevant to recent happenings, but this... [video=youtube;X4Z9Puha0eY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Z9Puha0eY[/video]

I think half the problem is finding a replacement, who is available who would want to take that job? Only person I can think of is Benitez at the moment and I highly doubt you want to go down that route again!

On the contrary i would love that

It isnt a red, Perch has conned the ref. It's not always an automatic red.

An experienced keeper should know better than to stick his head in like that. Perch shouldn't have gone down like he did.

Apart from that, quite a good game to watch for us. Wonder why our second goal stood, but can't complain. Also, no idea why Carroll dived when there was a good chance of him scoring.

Result continue to give us hope that we have a small chance of getting 4th, considering we are only 2 points behind Spurs. I would be happy with us finishing 6th, which should be 'safe' as we are 10 points above 7th.

Sigh. Boring.

What is the actual rule on head butts/head to head contact?

Its a red IF deemed violent conduct, ie excessive force.

Ie you can have two players come head to head, or even grab each other, and get two yellows. But if a player actually sends one flying (ie headbutting, or pushing to the ground) its violent conduct. Perch makes look like Reina properly butted him, which gives the ref no choice but to send him off. If perch doesnt dive/make a meal of it, its probably two yellows.

I'd like to think Perch would be frankly ashamed of what he did-thoroughly ashamed. Wish to god the bodies would crack down on players trying to get other players sent off. It's just so incredibly unprofessional

It's also unprofessional to stick your forehead into someones face. Granted Perch shouldn't have gone down like that, but Reina should haven't done what he did, which would have given Perch no chance to go down. At the end of the day, it's still Reinas fault he got sent off.

An experienced keeper should know better than to stick his head in like that. Perch shouldn't have gone down like he did.

Apart from that, quite a good game to watch for us. Wonder why our second goal stood, but can't complain. Also, no idea why Carroll dived when there was a good chance of him scoring.

Result continue to give us hope that we have a small chance of getting 4th, considering we are only 2 points behind Spurs. I would be happy with us finishing 6th, which should be 'safe' as we are 10 points above 7th.

Indeed, not condoning or defending Reina here, shouldnt have done what he did, you always run the risk, but Perch has conned the ref. But if Reina keeps his cool, the whole thing is avoided

It's also unprofessional to stick your forehead into someones face. Granted Perch shouldn't have gone down like that, but Reina should haven't done what he did, which would have given Perch no chance to go down. At the end of the day, it's still Reinas fault he got sent off.

It is also unprofessional to trip the goal keeper up when he is trying to start a counter attack

Like I mentioned before it was stupid yes. But Perch should've just left it at that.

It is also unprofessional to trip the goal keeper up when he is trying to start a counter attack
That's why Perch was booked.

Even so, the red card didn't change the outcome of the match and shouldn't be used as a scapegoat for that performance/result

Back