The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Reina should have been sent off. You make the motion to head-**** a player, you are 99 times out of 100 seeing a red card. Perch made a meal of it, but TBF, Liverpool were awful today. Carroll and Suarez doesn't work as a partnership. It should, but it doesn't. I think the game can be summed up by Carroll's flailing dive in the first half. Why did he do it, if he stays on his feet, he almost certainly makes it 1-0 Liverpool. Fool

It is also unprofessional to trip the goal keeper up when he is trying to start a counter attack
Intentional fouls to stop opposition attacks. It is a part of the game since a century ago.

It is also unprofessional to trip the goal keeper up when he is trying to start a counter attack
TBF, Reina spilled the initial header, and Perch was challenging for the spill. Granted, it was a foul by Perch, but he had every right to pressure the GK(not in the way he did) in that situation.

Reina should have been sent off. You make the motion to head-**** a player, you are 99 times out of 100 seeing a red card. Perch made a meal of it, but TBF, Liverpool were awful today. Carroll and Suarez doesn't work as a partnership. It should, but it doesn't. I think the game can be summed up by Carroll's flailing dive in the first half. Why did he do it, if he stays on his feet, he almost certainly makes it 1-0 Liverpool. Fool

He shouldnt have been sent off. He shouldnt have done it, but perch's reaction is what gets him sent off.

He shouldnt have been sent off. He shouldnt have done it, but perch's reaction is what gets him sent off.

Sorry, but he clearly thrusts his head forward, and it is a red card. Not much contact, but the intent was there.

We were not good.
Newcastle were.
We've wasted a lot of money.
Newcastle haven't.
The end.

Sorry, but he clearly thrusts his head forward, and it is a red card. Not much contact, but the intent was there.

But that isnt an immediate red card., as i pointed out above. The fact that perch goes down like he has been properly butted is what gets him sent off.

We were not good.
Newcastle were.
We've wasted a lot of money.
Newcastle haven't.
The end.

The amount of cash that has been spent is ridiculous. How many managers would still be in a job after that outlay, and are struggling to hold onto top 7/8 place? He paid way over the odds for British players, who have all been distinctly average or poor. Plus, the heavy reliance on Gerrard and Suarez to produce the goods doesn't help. Gerrard is past his best, and Suarez can only do so much.

Just heard Dalglish interview with BBC..

"He did not dive he stumbled over"

Pretty pathetic excuses from KK.

But that isnt an immediate red card., as i pointed out above. The fact that perch goes down like he has been properly butted is what gets him sent off.

Kinda like the reaction of Carroll after going past Krul. The over-reaction in challenges is part and parcel of the game now, almost every poor challenge sees a player go down like he has been shot.

He should. There have been red cards for less he lost his cool. Perch isn't the first, and won't be the last, to go down like that. Krul may have been sent off had Carroll actually got the ref to give a pen, which is just as bad, if not worse due to Krul not doing anything wrong. Players get sent off for slapping or pushing other players. It won't hurt the other player, but they still get sent off. If Reina had just left the ref to do his job, Perch would be booked, and he cold have launched a free kick forward. To do that when you are 2-0 down inside the final 10 minutes is completely reckless, irresponsible and pointless.

Just heard Dalglish interview with BBC..

"He did not dive he stumbled over"

Pretty pathetic excuses from KK.

Bollox. He tried to win a penalty, because his confidence is so low, and he cannot afford to miss. Backfired massively. Liverpool should have had a pen from the handball, but the referee's view was obstructed by 7 or 8 players.

And yet Perch's incident will not be remembered for his dive, but Carroll's will be. Even though Perch's was to get a fellow footballer sent off.

-major sigh-

From last year I have read a lot about "There was a contact so it was not a dive, he just exaggerates". So going by that Perch didn't dive whereas Carroll did.

Kinda like the reaction of Carroll after going past Krul. The over-reaction in challenges is part and parcel of the game now, almost every poor challenge sees a player go down like he has been shot.

Doesnt change the fact that Reina should never had had his head there, but that Perch doesnt need to go down like that. Maybe if it was actually punished it wouldnt be "part and parcel of the game" there is no reason why it should be. I'm sure if Suarez had done something like that (he has before) he would be vilified. So Perch rightly deserves some criticism.

He should. There have been red cards for less he lost his cool. Perch isn't the first, and won't be the last, to go down like that. Krul may have been sent off had Carroll actually got the ref to give a pen, which is just as bad, if not worse due to Krul not doing anything wrong. Players get sent off for slapping or pushing other players. It won't hurt the other player, but they still get sent off. If Reina had just left the ref to do his job, Perch would be booked, and he cold have launched a free kick forward. To do that when you are 2-0 down inside the final 10 minutes is completely reckless, irresponsible and pointless.

There have been yellow cards for less. Again I'm not condoning Reina at all. But I an criticising Perch for his over-exaggeration, which helped get Reina sent off. If he doesnt go down a red card is considerably less likely, he effectively makes the refs mind up for him.

on the bright side Enrique kept a clean sheet in goal :)

Doesnt change the fact that Reina should never had had his head there, but that Perch doesnt need to go down like that. Maybe if it was actually punished it wouldnt be "part and parcel of the game" there is no reason why it should be. I'm sure if Suarez had done something like that (he has before) he would be vilified. So Perch rightly deserves some criticism.

Well I don't think you can punish someone that's actually been made contact with, because you would have to draw a line somewhere which would lead to a big grey area. Divers are punished by a booking. Unless you start banning people for whole games due to simulation, which can be completely misinterpreted sometimes, then there really is no point, as you might have to ban everyone that falls over on the pitch at any time, as it could be interpritated as 'simulation'.

Big overhaul I'd love in the summer, but I can't see it. Something like Adam, Carroll, leaving. A good young attacking central midfielder, and defensive midfielder. Two top quality strikers, one a poaching player, another a target man-esque player. A winger who can change games, and cross the fricking ball. Please..

on the bright side Enrique kept a clean sheet in goal :)

Was he the one who said Newcastle would never finish in the top 6? Hope he enjoys eating his words

Back