The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Big overhaul I'd love in the summer, but I can't see it. Something like Adam, Carroll, leaving. A good young attacking central midfielder, and defensive midfielder. Two top quality strikers, one a poaching player, another a target man-esque player. A winger who can change games, and cross the fricking ball. Please..
Forget transfers. Sort out upstairs first.

Was he the one who said Newcastle would never finish in the top 6? Hope he enjoys eating his words
yes that is true. Newcastle fans started a chant relating to that

Good point. Can't see Dalglish lasting honestly. No idea who would replace him, but AVB would be interesting.

With AVB you would have finished in the exact same position as you will with Dalglish (I suppose). And what happened to 'giving a manager enough time'? Yes, Dalglish is as good a manager as he is an astronaut, but dont expect to be in the top4 with Andre. At least you will not have the 'ego' problem though, so worth a try.

With AVB you would have finished in the exact same position as you will with Dalglish (I suppose). And what happened to 'giving a manager enough time'? Yes, Dalglish is as good a manager as he is an astronaut, but dont expect to be in the top4 with Andre. At least you will not have the 'ego' problem though, so worth a try.

I'm not saying we should sack him, but I can not see him lasting. Whether that's resigning, or being sacked. The new owners are supposed to be quite ruthless.

I'm not saying we should sack him, but I can not see him lasting. Whether that's resigning, or being sacked. The new owners are supposed to be quite ruthless.

but you as a fan, what is your wish? Do you want him to stay or what

Dalglish is a good manager for the position Liverpool are in at this moment in time, high mid-table. if they want to progress, they need a much better manager. TBF, Kenny is living on his icon status at the club, and that is probably why he is still in a job, where many others would have been sacked. Would love to see Unai Emery or Marcelo Bielsa, would suit Liverpool perfectly.

Just heard Dalglish interview with BBC..

"He did not dive he stumbled over"

Pretty pathetic excuses from KK.

I'll be honest, after watching it again it does look as though Carroll does genuinely stumble just as he passes Krul and makes contact with the ball. But instead of chasing the ball down he copies Ben Arfas effort from a few minutes earlier.

I personly think Kenny was the man that was needed at that time of all time low to bring some stability and lift the place. Now i believe he can't take you to the next level and it was always going to be hard sacking him or him standing down because of the ties. With exception to Enrique and Suarez his signings have been pretty woeful. Saying that i have no idea who they should get in, AVB if they want a whole different approach and if he has learnt from his mistakes he made he could be a very good coach. Saying that it dosen't matter because Kenny will not get sacked, ever.

kenny should stay we shuld give him the same time as Benitez it does not matter where in the league we finish as we are in europe next season with an inexperiance side who played much in europe.
[h=1][/h]

I'll be honest, after watching it again it does look as though Carroll does genuinely stumble just as he passes Krul and makes contact with the ball. But instead of chasing the ball down he copies Ben Arfas effort from a few minutes earlier.

Of course he stumbled, he was trying to get contact with Krul's arm.

I personly think Kenny was the man that was needed at that time of all time low to bring some stability and lift the place. Now i believe he can't take you to the next level and it was always going to be hard sacking him or him standing down because of the ties. With exception to Enrique and Suarez his signings have been pretty woeful. Saying that i have no idea who they should get in, AVB if they want a whole different approach and if he has learnt from his mistakes he made he could be a very good coach. Saying that it dosen't matter because Kenny will not get sacked, ever.
I agree with this. It doesn't seem like King Kenny can do much more, but I am grateful for what he has done for the club. Maybe not a sacking, but a new role for him would be good. Since he loves the club so much, a role as assistant manager wouldn't be crazy! Or even a talk with him and a mutual termination would be good.

I would like Andre Villas-Boas in, but I don't know. He did badly at Chelsea, although I hope the board are patient with him and give him a go. He could also bring some of his FC Porto players here, since they aren't doing that brilliantly either! Somehow, though, I don't think he will be sacked.

It was good to see such a good performance yesterday, especially from Andy Carroll, but again, we are failing to convert. I'm disappointed with both Carroll and Pepe Reina, though, their performances weren't the best; Carroll stopped trying at the end, and Reina lost it! It seems that luck isn't going our way, at the moment.

- PZW

I would like Andre Villas-Boas in, but I don't know. He did badly at Chelsea, although I hope the board are patient with him and give him a go. He could also bring some of his FC Porto players here, since they aren't doing that brilliantly either! Somehow, though, I don't think he will be sacked.

No thanks.

TBH honest you should be focusing on just how bad you have been, rather than looking for sticks to beat newcastle with.

TBH, if it was the other way round it would be all you guys talked about, regardless of the result.

No thanks.

TBH, if it was the other way round it would be all you guys talked about, regardless of the result.
Or not, since we have repeatedly talked about Perch's swan dive. Those pictures are not the problem. Liverpool's abysmal form it.

Or not, since we have repeatedly talked about Perch's swan dive. Those pictures are not the problem. Liverpool's abysmal form it.

Huh? What I meant was if it was Suarez... Oh, don't worry, it's not worth it.

Nobody said the pictures had anything to do with the result...

Back